Intriguing - but Unsubstantiated!

by The Searcher 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Maybe the money hasn't gone after all but is simply being shifted into some other entity. The WBTS will be bankrupt but all the money will belong to this new religion.

It makes sense, posters here have been suggesting for years that the wtbts have been redirecting the money.

If this is true, there is no money problem, only a problem with the financial viability of the current wtbts. How clever. It makes sense and the easiest way to distance itself from paying out on liability in court cases.

• theNuge
    theNuge
    "We've always been at war with Eastasia!"
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Well Jackson did say at ARC that it would be presumptuous to say they are the only ones who speak for God.

Maybe he was unwittingly giving away something there, ie a change from Witness to Worshipper.

• prologos
    prologos
    In german it would go backward from Z to A from Zeugen to Anbeter. J W ORG J's Wehrmacht? JZorg? JWunderOrg? JA.ORG?
  • Stealth
    Stealth

If they would make such a major change in order to avoid litigation, this would be the perfect time to change some of the policies that have got them where they are, blood policy, two witness rule. I don't see that happening at this time.

Failure to do that would only continue the problems under a new name. What would be the point?

I hope the next high profile apostate comes out of the WT legal department.

• Listener
    Listener
    Who holds the property title for Warwick? That would be very telling.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The "two witness" rule would change to the two worshipper rule.

Same food different names on the menu.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I don't believe for a minute that there is a real chance of a name change. That being said IF it were to happen I can see it being spun as "new" light more clearly defining what they do.

Witness: "attestation of a fact or event." So Jehovah's Witnesses must be able to attest to a FACT or event. I think we all can agree that there isn't really any proven Bible fact or event they can truthfully attest to.

Worship: "a form of religious practice with its creed and ritual, reverence offered a divine being or an act of expressing such reverence." Now THAT would fit the JDubya's much closer. The reverence they show God, and their peculiar creeds and rituals.

Just my two cents.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Changing thier name is not going to do a thing in stopping or shielding them from lawsuits. Imo
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree onefinger, the word witness is problematic as the general public do not know the bible verse it supposedly is taken from, so worshipper would be easier to understand from a marketing of the religion perspective.

I'd say the rumor is possible if not probable, but we shall see I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit