Intriguing - but Unsubstantiated!

by The Searcher 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

Sorry but this is just nonsense...jw.org is for a reason

But just about everything they've changed was as it was initially for a reason. For example, they supposedly had a reason (or reasons) for saying the FDS was all the anointed on earth, but they changed that. They had a reason for recently anouncing all kinds of increased construction, but they changed those plans.

And, actually, "JW.ORG" wouldn't have to change with the name change mentioned in this thread.

I'm in no way saying it's going to happen, but I've just kind of learned a lesson. I'm not going to rule it out

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It would be foolish to say it couldnt happen. It most certainly could. Long odds at this point i recon, but then msu beating Michigan was .02%...... Time will tell.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just follow the $$$! Ask yourself what is the #1 complaint of non-JWs who don't know a damn thing about the Pedo, Mexico Malawi, RandCam, UN, OSCE, Cayman offshore accounts, weapons manufacturing stocks, ect??

NO JESUS STUFF!!! It took 100+ years for the WTBTS to even have an actor play Jesus on screen! It took 100+ years to have an "Imitate Jesus" convention and they still don't have the balls to make a Jesus movie.

People notice and don't want to be associated with a so-called Xian group that excludes Jesus. JWs have to constantly remind others that they believe in Jesus. Why? Anyone with half a brain can see that Jesus is just an errand boy in the WTBTS.

The WTBTS needs more members. How do they get them? They need Hispanics for sure. After that, you've got Africa. Mmmmm....not good enough. Then you have virtually nameless countries... They need white people with money. Those people want white Jesus. Where is he? Who is Jehovah anyway??

The WTBTS's rebranding can progress only so far...unless they continue to emphasize JESUS. Otherwise, the current generation dies off and the WTBTS goes the way of the Lollards, or Millerites.

Mainstreaming requires Jesus. That requires minimizing "Jehovah" somehow, because that "name" is burned into the consciousness of the public. That public wants Jesus, and they will pay for him.

DD

• Listener
    Listener
    The organisation believes all other religions will be destroyed before them. The only likely way this could happen would be if they were not legally a religion.
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    Kind of like the godawful home contractor who ripped us off, then he packed up and scurried off to another state, started up under a new business name, and beat the law suits filed against the old company! We were told we couldn't sue the new name, and the former business had closed.
    Yep, I can see them pulling this ruse. Conniving dirt bags, where are the fruitages of the spirit, and a little bit of integrity?

That won't work for a corporation with property, and subsidiary business registered in every state. Dodging liability for lawsuits is a lot more complicated than changing your name, and may not even be possible.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've been thinking for a while the same thing, that they will probably change the name. I would not have thought of "worshippers of Jehovah". But with this crazy group of seven anything is possible.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    OMG, Data Dog - you said it, "that public wants Jesus and they are willing to pay for him". You are so right.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Just some thoughts on this:

• I read on this site that the late Daniel Sydlik admitted in a moment of frustration regarding some of the old dates and beliefs that he'd like to throw the whole religion out and start all over. Maybe this is the only way to finally rip the bandage off despite the short term pain it would cause.
    • They could change their name, just like they did way back when they were Russelites and International Bible Students and eventually people will forget they ever existed, the same way most young JW's today know nothing about (or even care) about1975, Malawi or Beth Sarim etc.
    • They could stop printing the Watchtower altogether and keep the more recent issues around for refrences or simply change the magazines name just like they did when it used to be Zions Herald or Golden Age.
    • They're called Jehovah's Witnesses now even though their website is called JW.org. so they could easily change their name and still keep the website name the same as it is and it wouldn't make that much of a difference.
    • This name change does seem to explain why they are making dire warnings about trusting the GB and why they are leaving their well established "Watchtower" presence in New York City and moving to a remote location with a giant new complex. It would be easier for them to fade out the old and start over somewhere new with a new name and corporation, where they are less known. It also would explain why they are purging themselves of Bethelites . It might make it easier to start with a whole new crew instead of dealing with the ones who are resentful of the changes.
    • Changing the name to Worshipers of Jehovah would eliminate that annoying tendency people have of leaving the plural off of the current name by calling them Jehovah Witness . They'll likely end up being referred to as the Jehovah Worshipers which sounds even weirder. "Shut the curtains Ethel...here comes the Jehovah Worshipers"
  • Listener
    Listener

I can see them doing this as a new tactic to make JWs think that Armageddon s imminent, which is something that they are always trying to o do.

The July 2015 watchtower provides the clue and introduced new light regarding the GT. They said that witnessing work in declaring the good news would come to a stop and JWs would then begin to give a judgement message. They had always taught that the good news of the kingdom would be preached right to the end and they also said that this message includes a judgement message, now they are separate and are being taught at different times.

They would introduce the new name saying that they are making the change in order to prepare for the GT which is about to happen so soon that they need to prepare now. During the GT they will no longer be witnesses as the preaching work will have stopped. Being worshippers of God at that time will be more important than anything.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So we have The Watchtower and it's 130+ years of cult baggage. After 5 or 6 years of incredible change, and with the completion of Warwick, a name change actually seems possible, even likely.

But would it really provide the disconnection between the old and new as far as governments, legal teams and even the public are concerned?

So long as the JW's are still meeting in the same Kingdom Halls owned by the same Corporations/Charities I don't see how. Of course, if they did what doesn't seem practical from a human standpoint and sold all the Kingdom Halls that might change - but they'd still be holding all those funds.

Hmmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit