New GB

by XBEHERE 94 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I don’t know how to reconcile the Watchtower statement that GB helpers are from the other sheep, with the fact that the two new appointees, who are described in the announcement as anointed, (plus Paul Gillies, also rumoured to partake) are listed as helpers in the Watchtower article. It appears to be a contradiction. 😮
  • luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    Ken Cook + these new guys = Start of GB 3.0

Franz dies 1992

Fleegle arrives 1991

Winder arrives 1990

Cook arrives 1984

Possbily. Cook at least has a chance of having been annointed prior to Franz death. He could have been around 27 years old. The other two- no fecking way.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    I don’t know how to reconcile the Watchtower statement that GB helpers are from the other sheep, with the fact that the two new appointees, who are described in the announcement as anointed, (plus Paul Gillies, also rumoured to partake) are listed as helpers in the Watchtower article. It appears to be a contradiction

I had someone explain it to me as, your appointment to the governing body IS your ANNOINTING. I don't know if this idea comes from Crisis of Conscience. As i recall the person saying this to me may have referred to it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It looks like the Watchtower “1914 generation”, by hook or by crook, will still be going strong long after I’m gone anyway

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In that convoluted explanation of the “generation” that Splane gave he said the second group of anointed overlap the first group. But did he explicitly say that the second group were actually anointed while the first group were still alive? Maybe they can stretch this out by saying that, while the new GB members might not have been anointed when Fred Franz died in 1992, they were alive 1992, and that counts! 💡

• waton
    waton

wt doctrine aside, anointing happens at baptism, see: Jesus, Cornelius. Fleegle, Winder are overlappers, "arrived at bethel prior to Franz's departure.

Fleegle, a possible swiss name, from "pflegen" verb, to care for. or fliegen, to fly.

• Listener
    Listener

According to their own doctrines, no JW knows if another JW is anointed or not and that has to include the GB members.

From the January 2016 Watchtower

Jehovah knows those who belong to him.” Unlike Jehovah, the brothers who count the number of people eating the bread and drinking the wine at the Memorial do not know who truly is anointed. So the number includes those who think that they are anointed but are not. For example, some who used to eat the bread and drink the wine later stopped. Others may have mental or emotional problems and believe that they will rule with Christ in heaven.”

The GB announced that these new GB members are "anointed Christians" however they have no special, God given powers to make that call, only their trust that these men are telling the truth.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The GB announced that these new GB members are "anointed Christians" however they have no special, God given powers to make that call, only their trust that these men are telling the truth.

Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to deceive,”

Trying to cover up one lie (the Joe Ratherflawed anti-Scripture, apostate prognostication of two classes for salvation) with such convolutions as the overlapping interpretation and “who are we to judge” who is or who is not of the special class, leads to all manner of error.

• vienne
    vienne

Two classes for salvation didn't come from Rutherford. Russell believed there were three classes of saved: the 144K, a secondary spiritual class not quite reaching faith required of the 144K, and those who inherited a paradise earth.

Current Witness doctrine derives from earlier 19th Century sources, among them an Anglican writer, Isidore Heath, who wrote The Future Human Kingdom of Christ. This book influenced Henry Dunn. I don't know that Russell read Heath's book, but he read much of Dunn's material as republished by Storrs. None of the heavenly/earthly class teaching came from Rutherford. What he did was to eliminate the thought that there was a secondary, less faithful, heavenly class.

The Separate Identity series [2 vols. so far] considers the origins of Watchtower theology in considerable detail.

https://www.lulu.com/search?contributor=B.+W.+Schulz&page=1&pageSize=10&adult_audience_rating=00

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Who then is a faithful and wise servant...? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. - Mt. 24: 45

Let's not forget that these men believe (like Russell did) that they are specifically prophesied about in scripture. They took a rhetorical question from Jesus and his promise of ruling with him in heaven and apply it to the here and now... meaning that they alone are the channel that can save 8 Billion people.

That is what these men believe. They have a Messiah complex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit