what kingdom melody is still stuck in you head??

by christopherceo 42 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

lol@scumrat

Treshappy,

That same song has stuck in my mind for more than 20 years of being out/free.

When a JW came to my door a little over a year ago and was practically running backwards down my walkway when I started in on him ( I do regret how I handled the situation ), I really was tempted to tell him to get back on my doorstep and speak out in fearlessness instead of running away.

Imagine being afraid of a weaker vessel like myself!

peace,

somebody.......... who now has the song in her head again....

Men make Gods of wood and stone;but the true God they've not known.......

Edited by - somebody on 29 January 2003 16:8:8

• LB
    LB

The one that goes through my mind all the time now as it did during meetings is

cat scratch fever

• Mary
    Mary

There's a few that always stick in my head:

Deck the Halls with parts of Elders, fa-la-la-la-la-la-la!!

Rockin' Around, the Kingdom Hall, have a happy Service Meet;

........oh wait, those are Christmas songs stuck in my head!!

• out4good3
    out4good3
    Song # 32 in your Songbooks - From House to House and

I really hated that song. My wife and son used to run around the house singing it when he was in elementary school. Sounded so "nursury rhymish" and infantile to me then and even more so now.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

RubDub,

Doesn't that song, Dedication, give away your age? I guess it was in the green songbook, but not the first pink ones. I'm in my 40's so I don't remember if I ever sang it officially, but it was BOTH my grandmother's favorite song, so I ended up learning it anyway. It actually was one of the nicer songs that caused a lot of commotion amongst older ones when they dropped it.

Gamaliel

Edited by - Gamaliel on 29 January 2003 16:28:39

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

"A Whole New World". Oh wait, wasn't that from the Aladdin movie?

If anything It would have to be "Hey there all you thirsty ones, come and drink some water something something", hell I can't remember the words.

Others: Keep your eyes on the prize, that one that goes "Kiss the son lest god be angry and your perish in the way".

"From House to house" used to piss me off as well. There were a couple others that I hated, but I can't remember them at this moment.

• starfish422
    starfish422

Men make gods of wood and stone, but the true god they've not known. He is God Jehovah, as he's often shown.

Other gods just can not see what in future days will be....can't remember the rest of the verse, but I'm sure it's just as bad, if not worse!

We're Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in fearlessness,

Ours is the god of true prophecyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....**pause** what he foretells comes to beeeeeeeee!!!!!!

That's one. The other is From House to House. I'll spare you the agony though.

The funniest times were when a really obscure song was being used and no one knew the tune at all; what a pathetic effort that would result in. :D

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Gamaliel

Yes, early 40's here. Now that you mention it, elimating that song "Dedication" did cause a stir. I also remember my best friend and I making up more verses to it like... "Take my head" .... "Take my butt" ... etc ....

I guess I should have seen my future coming ... LOL

*****Rub a Dub

• freedom96
    freedom96

There are so many that I would remember the second I heard the melody. As for now, one is From House to House, another is Jehovah is My Refuge, and that is about it.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Thanks alot, now I could never get those Kingdumb Songs out of my head.

*Blasts his Type O Negative CD to drown out the Kingdumb Song.*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit