what kingdom melody is still stuck in you head??

by christopherceo 42 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

None!

• og
    og

"Blondes and brunettes have been pushed aside by men.

They won't let themselves be turned aside by them."

To be sung by bethelites.

• ISP
    ISP

After 20 years or so in dubland.....none!

ISP

• Farkel
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This thread reminds me of a demonstration that was given at an assembly. One brother was talking to another brother about how he and some other brothers would get together to play musical instruments. He mentioned that they had put a Rock beat to a Kingdom Melody and it sounded really good. The brother he was talking to started giving him shit about doing that, since Rock music is the devil's tool and it would be disrespectful to Jehovah to play songs that were meant for praise to be played in such a fashion.

Personally, I always thought the piano in that "Kiss The Son" song sounded really heavy and evil. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up removing that song.

• larc
    larc

I have been out for a very long time, so almost all of the songs have been changed, plus my memory of many titles has faded away. Of the songs on the link provided above, I only recognized three of them, Be Glad You Nations, Here I Am Send Me, and Take Sides With Jehovah." I liked all three of them. There is one I remember that is not on the list, so it must have been deleted, The Sword Of The Lord And Of Gideon.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I still can't get "shulamite maiden" out of my head - it was the song for EVERY JW wedding - and what little girl didn't wanna get married?!!!

That & "Jehovah is our Refuge"

Dear Lord - now I'm gonna be humming them again for days on end....what was the fix for that again?!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So larc,this time I follow behind you,LOL!..It`s almost time for a "brewski" bud.....I never was crazy about the kingdom songs.I remember the old song book and the songs.larc has mentioned a few of the tunes..I also remember when they came out with the new song book.What a load of rubbish.Sloppily arranged music with unsingable tunes..It`s like they put a piano in a cage full of monkeys,let them pound away on it for a couple hours,while recording it.Then had some one put the jibberish on paper..God only knows who wrote the lyrics for that crap.Someone with no sense of phrasing thats for dam sure...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 29 January 2003 17:37:30

• jws
    jws

I wouldn't say "stuck in my head". It's more like, what can I even remember?

I was a JW for 23 years from birth and now another 13 years apart from them. I remember something about "let's watch how we walk and watch how we talk" and another one about "from house to house, from door to door". Actually, these 2 sum up JW life pretty well. Watch your step and go door-knocking.

The only other one I remember is the Lord's Evening Meal one. Something about "this most sacred night". And that's probably because I honored my father's request to come to Memorial a few times since leaving.

When I was a kid I used to like the more up-tempo ones and ones with a chorus. After the new songbook, they added a bunch of stuff that was even harder to sing and plodded along. A lot of the new songs, as I recall, had no repeating chorus.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Song # 113

We' Are Jehovah's Witnesses

Men make Gods of wood and stone...

Other True Gods they've not known...

Ours is God Jehovah..

as he's often shown..

other Gods just cannot see...

what in future days will be...

<GAG>

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 29 January 2003 18:28:57