what kingdom melody is still stuck in you head??

by christopherceo 42 Replies latest jw friends

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

I find myself whistling several when working and when I catch up with what's going on I stop. Anybody else?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Song # 32 in your Songbooks - From House to House and # 195 - This is Jehovah's day are constatnly stuck in my head.

• blondie
    blondie

None, so few are worth remembering and were agony to sing.

Blondie

• Gopher
    Gopher

I used to play the piano at the Kingdom Hall, before they removed us (in favor of tapes) in the name of uniformity unity. Having been out of the "troof" for over 2 years now, I rarely if ever think of the melodies. When I do, it's usually for humorous or satirical purposes.

"Dark days are here, man lives in fear!" -- now that's really funny, an easy target for satire.

Additionally, I cannot get Farkel's "dubsticks" out of my mind. It's hilarious. http://www.bizwebgroup.com/lp/DubSticks.wma

Edited by - Gopher on 29 January 2003 15:30:8

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

There is a song I think was called "Dedication" that I remember when I was a kid that has always stuck in my head. I can't get rid of it. It was one of those little half page songs.

Each verse started with a "Take my hands .... or "Take my feet ... or Take something or other.

They always played it for the Memorial as I recall. It was probably one of those songs they considered part of Christendom because it was gone about 2 song books ago.

I wonder if anyone else remembers it ??

*****Rub a Dub

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

We're Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in fearlessness...

• scumrat
    scumrat

Hey TresHappy, Ours is the god of false prophecy........ What has become He couldn't see...........

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

"Sing forth with joy of heart, you too can have a part... Live for the day, when you'll say, 'Life without end at last!'"

That, and song #13. That one was played at my wedding.

YellowLab

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

You're right scumrat, all those years of stairstep brainwashing and love bombing, I guess it's still stuck in my head....

• Aaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit