what kingdom melody is still stuck in you head??

by christopherceo 42 Replies latest jw friends

• david_10
    david_10

How many times do you think that the word "cleave " has ever been worked into a song title? By anyone. Ever. Would you guess Zero None Zilch? I can hear you saying now : " There's no way that an unpoetic, ugly word like "cleave" could be worked into a song title, especially a song about religious devotion." But you're wrong----leave it to Jehovah's organization to go where no man has ever gone. Song # 131......."Cleaving to Jehovah Our God." Can you believe it? However, that song still pops into my head occasionally---------the music is not that bad and it is one of the more harmonically daring songs in the book, as I recall. Dammit I'll be humming it for the rest of the night now.

David

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

this one I broke out laughing as in the time I knew we wouldn't be there much longer:P

A spectacle we've come to be that all men may know.

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

song 171 "A Victory Song"...my friend walked down the aisle to that song. She was never very sentimental. lol

and

Let's hail Jehovah's firstborn-God's heir he has been made-who since he was created, his father's voice obeyed...blah,blah,blah

Does anyone remember having a cassette tape with little kid kingdom songs on them? All the kids in my cong had them...they were to the tune of various children's songs.

~Asortafairytale~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit