Michael the Archangel

by UnDisfellowshipped 159 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

plmkrzy,

Earlier in this Thread, I believe you had asked how to pronounce YHWH.

That is a very good question.

However, since no one knows which vowels were used in YHWH, no one knows exactly how it should be pronounced.

A lot of people think Yahweh (Pronounced either Yah-Way or Yah-Wee) is most accurate.

Other people think Yehovah or Yehowah or Yahowah is most accurate.

The name "Jehovah" came from JHVH (a different way of spelling YHWH), and adding the vowels from the Hebrew word for "Lord" (Adonay).

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

[This was an accidental blank post]

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Joseph Malik said:

No one. I do not believe that anyone will go to heaven to rule with Christ. As I stated

Jesus Christ said:

John 14:1: "Don't let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in Me.
    John 14:2: In My Father's house are many mansions. If it weren't so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.
    John 14:3: If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to Myself; that where I am, you may be there also.
    John 14:4: Where I go, you know, and you know the way."
    John 14:5: Thomas says to him, "Lord, we don't know where You are going. How can we know the way?"
    John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me.

• JCanon
    JCanon

If you have an archangel's voice then you're an archangel. Plain and simple. A person's voice is considered a unique identification of that person; "voice recognition". Jesus' voice identifies him as an archangel. Jesus is the highest ranking individual in heaven besides the creator himself, why wouldn't he use his own glorious voice? Fact is, he does, its the glorious voice of the one and only archangel.

JC

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

1 Thessalonians 4:16 does not actually identify the "archangel's voice" with that of Jesus, nor does it say that Jesus "has" an archangel's voice. If you read it in the Greek, you can see that the manner of Jesus' advent is characterized with three dative en-phrases in a row, i.e. "in a loud command, in an archangel's voice, and in the trumpet of God". These are datives of either association or sphere, i.e. they either describe what accompanies the Lord's coming or they depict the scene or situation in which the event occurs. In other words, Jesus' coming is accompanied with an archangel's voice shouting forth, or occurs in the midst of a loud shout, just as it is accompanied by the sound of a trumpet. The mention of the trumpet call with the other items in the same construction shows that both are paralleled as being things that accompany Jesus. In fact, the genitives for both indicate the source or possessor of the dative. The trumpet call (dative) is "of God" (genitive) in the same way that the voice (dative) is "of an archangel" (genitive).

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Just wanted to link this thread to the one where Joseph Malik says that God has opened his eyes to see the truth that Jesus is NOT Michael:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/189381/1/Jesus-is-Not-Michael

• Think About It
    Think About It

OK.........Joseph Malik changed his mind about Jesus being identified as Michael. Have you not paid attention to all references of all the prominent historical Theologians that agreed and published in writing that they said Jesus could be identified with Michael?

If I were you I'd be embarrassed as hell to bring up a Michael the Archangel thread from 7 years ago that proves you haven't gotten any better in trying to prove otherwise. In light of the current thread it makes you look like an idiot.

Think About It

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

what is the current thread...link?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

disregard...found it...sorry.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Think About It:

Is there something I have done to offend or upset you? On at least three different threads now you have referred to me as an "idiot".

In any event, using name-calling will never help your argument out, but instead will only make it appear weaker.

Why would I be embarrassed to link to a debate I had 7 years ago about Michael the Archangel?

I do NOT subscribe to the "Progressive Enlightenment" or "New Light" doctrine of the Watchtower Society, which means my beliefs do NOT change back and forth every few months like theirs do. So, the TRUTH that I believed 7 years ago is STILL the TRUTH that I believe NOW.

Real TRUTH does not change.

If the Bible shows that Jesus was NOT Michael 7 years ago, then the Bible STILL SHOWS that Jesus is NOT Michael TODAY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit