A tale of three sisters.........

by Tatiana 84 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Tatiana,

Please keep going. We like to hear more if you're not done yet!

(((((((((((((((Tatiana))))))))))))))))))

Yizuman

Edited by - Simon on 21 January 2003 15:42:21

• Simon
    Simon

I took your post to be a bit sarcastic and insensitive old hippie but I hope this topic doesn't become about your commment instead of the original post.

Yizuman. Please do not inflame things with troll accusations.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I swear each time I come here, I am awed by the ((((((((people))))))))) here. I have no comment for old Hippie. Maybe if he reads the rest of the story, he may understand a little. Maybe it's a good thing he doesn't understand.

......the red-haired woman left the truth a few times. Only to go back again. Searching for something she'd never find. The raven-haired girl was married for a third time. He was also an alcoholic. He tried to kill her several times. Once with his car. Then by burning down the trailer, thinking she was inside. Her children were grown. They hated her for letting them get taken by their father and molested. She drank even more. She got arrested for DUI. About 7 times.

The red-haired girl was raped by two men with guns and Halloween masks. It was the first case in SC they used DNA. She appeared on the Larry King Live Show. To beg women to come forward if they had been raped, now that they had this "new" technique. Her Mom had to meet with the brothers first, to ask permission to come to the trial, in case it brought "shame" on Jehovah's name. That hurt worse than the rape, but wasn't something she didn't expect. The red-haired woman was evicted from her apartment. The trial lasted so long, and one of the men was out on bond and started stalking her at her job. Which was at a convenience store on second shift. She had to work alone until midnight. She was a nervous wreck. By the times the cops came to her job, he was gone. So, she quit. She lived right across the street from the KH. Not a single brother or sister, most of whom she'd known all her life, came to see her. Well, one did. She was named Joyce, and was from a different cong. She was furious with Mom. And with the entire cong. She left shortly afterwards.

The raven-haired sister didn't come to the trial. She was in jail for her 8th DUI. But, she was changing. She was starting to think about her life. She wanted a change. She wanted her kids to love her. She would go to rehab. She would get another divorce. We talked. Really talked for the first time in a long time.

Half-sister was engaged. Her fiance had a job that let him travel all over the world. They bought a new home together. And planned their wedding. I got Christmas cards. Photos. The red-haired woman lived in a home with kerosene heaters. A hot water heater that stopped working when it felt like it. Her children often had to get up and bathe for school in cold water. When she didn't have time to boil it. Once she had to steal food. Something she is still ashamed of today.

Five years after the trial. And the man who planned the entire thing is freed on a technicality. They want red-haired woman to testify in a new trial. Meantime, she is stalked. Followed. He even has the nerve to knock on the front door. Raven-haired sister is there. The police do nothing. They can't find him. Red-haired woman is diagnosed with "acute clinical depression". Red-haired sister has had enough. She decides to leave for good before becoming a statistic.......

She packs up her life in a U-Haul. Begs raven-haired sister to come with her. She refuses. She's not cut out for city life. Red-haired woman drives with her two-year old and her four year old 980 miles to Chicago. Her step-dad is there. He has divorced Mom, left SC, and has apologized for the beatings, the meetings, etc. He will help.

Red-haired woman finds an apt., enrolls in computer school. Walks 10 blocks in the snow to the daycare center to drop off her boys. Then rides the train downtown. She gets a certificate. Gets a good job at Montgomery Ward. Finds a boyfriend. Life is tolerable. Her step-dad has given her a beater car. She thinks she's in heaven. Mom tries to call. All red-haired woman wants is an apology. An aknowlegement of things that were wrong. Mom did nothing wrong. Jehovah's laws were what she was obeying. Beatings are condoned in the Bible. Red -hair gives up.

Half-sister has a beautiful wedding. Dad paid for it. Outside, in the churchyard. They start planning their children........

Edited by - Tatiana on 22 January 2003 5:9:1

• JeffT
    JeffT

(((((Tatiana)))))

Thank you for putting a human face on the misery caused by this ignorant self-centered religion.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Just a note on Old Hippie. He is a good guy. I've emailed with him about some things going on in his world. I give him the benefit of the doubt here. I think he misunderstood, or didn't read the whole post, before he wrote his comments.

Tatiana, you are sure a survivor girl. I know I don't have anywhere near the intestinal fortitude to do what you've done to come out the way you have. You are such a sweetheart.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

.......things seemed to be ok for a while. Red-haired sister liked her job. Was making "worldly" friends and liking them. Her life had changed. She bought a Blazer. That may not seem like a big deal to someone who has had cars all their life, but it was her first car ever, and she was so happy. No more walking in the snow with the boys. She took the kids to museums, zoos, plays. Her son joined a basketball team. She loved watching him play. She played through him. She didn't hear from her Mom.

Three years went by. She's getting dressed for work one day. She's late. Caller ID says it's a call from her father. She knows he'll keep her on the phone. She'll call him back after work. Her neighbor and co-worker rings the front bell. It seems Dad has called red-hair's job. Something's wrong. Marie tells her to sit down. Marie is crying. She thinks, "Something happened to half-sister." She's scared. The phone rings again. Marie is looking at her so strangely.

It's her Dad. Raven-haired sister is dead. She collapses on the floor. In shock. It's not true. It's not true. How? Why? Why?

Pippy was trying to get back with her second husband. He said he loved her. She wanted a real wedding this time. Something neither sister had ever had. They were making plans. She'd stopped drinking every day. She caught him with another woman. They fought. He told her to get out. The last thing she said was that he'd regret it, and he'd miss her when she was gone. She went to a bar, got wasted, and deliberately drove about 80 mph into a tree. She died instantly. Or so they say. They didn't find her for two days. How could they know if it was instant?

She is really at peace now, and red-hair is truly alone.

Red-haired sister and half-sister attend the funeral. Raven-haired sister has to be cremated. Funny thing, almost every brother and sister at the KH show up. Why didn't they see her when she was alive? Red-hair was offended. Mom did not cry. She says, "We all knew this would happen sooner or later. It's not like we didn't expect it." Red hair is sick at her comment. She does not speak to her the entire two weeks she is there. She stays with her nieces and nephew.

She flys back to Chicago. Her friends at work have taken up a collection. Red-haired sister is overwhelmed with emotion. These "worldly" people, who she was taught to keep free of, have showed her more compassion than witnesses who have known her her entire life. Mom has not seen her grandkids in 5 years. We are not witnesses anymore. We do not matter.

She tries to get closer to half-sister......

Edited by - Tatiana on 22 January 2003 5:17:48

• ydidIanswerthedoor
    ydidIanswerthedoor

Tatiana, I have thought of a way that you could become financially independent. You could write a book about your life. I think it would be good enough for a movie. I am serious. You have a talent. You kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading this. Let me see, who can play the raven haired sister.....Jennifer Connelly, the red haired sister, Kyra Sedgewich (hair dyed red) and the half sister played by Katherine Zeta-Jones. I am being dramatic but I think it would make for a wonderful movie. Your mom could be played by Diane Ladd or Sissy Spacek. You probably wouldn't want to mention the truth of which religion it is but I'm sure that when no birthdays, christmas nor easter egg hunts would come out you wouldn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. Do you know any publishers? Get moving, I think you would have something here.

And you are a survivor, good "time and unforeseen occurances to you." hahah.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Tatiana,

What an incredibly touching story. Most of us here can relate to the normal childhood that is lost on the altar of a publishing company, and pall at the heartless breaking of family bonds. I remember the society used to talk about the love of the greater number cooling off, and point to child abuse and abortion statistics as proof. The irony is sickening.

Many here have followed your posts for a long time, and I echo their sentiments: You have an internal strength that astounds.

Tim

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Tatiana, If I remember correctly, are you the same person that wrote a story about an aunt that was ill and subsequently died and the witnesses wouldn't help because she wasn't a witness? That included your mother? If you are the same person I remember reading that about a year ago and thought you were something special back than. At the time I was not registered and therefore never posted. When I read that it was so moving and I was so angry that I'll never forget reading it.

You are such an incredible woman and even though I have had my share of pain in my personal life, it pales in comparison. I'm so sorry you have suffered such loss.

I too was raised a witness, but am grateful my mother had a natural nurturing way about her that she never let us suffer, except for the normal suffering that witness children endure by standing out like sore thumbs constantly by not being able to participate in normal harmless activity. Feeling like you're different all the time definitely affects your self-esteem.

You mention in your profile that you are in love, I hope that means your life has some balance and meaningfulness now and that your children have inherited your survivor gene.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Mulan says:

I've emailed with him about some things going on in his world. I give him the benefit of the doubt here. I think he misunderstood, or didn't read the whole post, before he wrote his comments.

Your comments only support the notion that he is willfully ignorant.

You admit to having spoken with this guy before, so let us analyze both excuses you give for his actions.

First you claim possibly he was misunderstood. He did not post enough material to be misunderstood. Hippie said:

So hunting for Easter Eggs brings happiness, and being a Witness brings poor teeth?

Come on, let us try reality for a change .............

Given the very specific permeating theme of his post, I would disagree, and say he was very clear about what he meant, he was rude, and not misunderstood at all. What is there to misinterpret about his comments?

Or if it was the latter excuse you gave, and he did not read the whole post before writing his comments, he is just as guilty. After dealing with the JW's, it should be very clear that a person should analyze all information and facts before making a damning critique. If Hippie decided to not read the entire story but spout off rudely to Tatiana anyway, then he is still foolish and deserving of all the backlash he receives.

Why must some of you always make excuses for individuals when they are clearly in the wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit