Revelation 8:8 Is a comet / asteroid heading here soon?

by FuzzyPaul 42 Replies latest social current

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

I have read a lot and watched some you-tube videos (some by marginally lunatic fringe Christians - not necessarily invalidating) searching for asteroid September 2015 or comet September 2015.

There is some Biblical evidence that, if one doesn't spiritualize / make literally invalid by symbolic exercise, that at the time of the End Of The Age there will be a uniquely severe, single great Earthquake (Isaiah 29:6, Zecharia 4:7, Haggia 2:6, Revelation 6:12, Revelation 16:18) and destructive objects described as hail, mountains falling from the sky, stars falling onto Earth. I note that ancients would not recognize the vastness of outer space and meteroids, asteroids, comets, planets being what we know them as.

There is also the exact symbol of "Then the second angel blew his trumpet, and a great mountain of fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the water in the sea became blood, one-third of all things living in the sea died, and one-third of all the ships on the sea were destroyed." (Revelation 8:8,9).

That being introduced, is there any secular, scientific, visible evidence that there just might be a 2 mile MOL wide asteroid / comet heading into collision with Earth? I note that the 3 body problem in astronomy makes determining the trajectory of objects in space under the influence of numerous gravity emitters difficult. It takes super-computing to calculate the motion of a 3rd body in an iterative manner. Also, this object has supposedly been tracked for a long time. A planet sized object might be tracked years in advance, but tracking a several mile wide object? And for years?

A seriously sober mystic claims that he was told by God about such an object over flying, smashing part of Puerto Rico and splashing into the Caribbean causing an epic earthquake and a tsunami that could over flow half of Florida under water. This tsunami would travel throughout the Gulf of Mexico and up the Atlantic coast of North America doing catastrophic damage worse than the Indian Ocean or Japanese tsunami of recent history. Another you-tuber claims she has a secular, secret source identifying a comet striking into the Atlantic off Venezuela or Brazil.

I do not believe that the WTBTS has any ability to investigate such an event. The WTBTS would have to invalidate hundreds of pages of figurative explanations of the seven seals, seven trumpets, mountains of fire falling into the sea. The WTBTS wants an absolute monopoly on Biblical topics and they have disqualified anyone else from being prophet teachers or prophets of any degree. The WTBTS has a complete failure / poor record with prophecy, even the return of the League of Nations / UN was in newspapers before they claimed to have deciphered prophecy. Thus, liars and bigots and cultic editors need not stand up and bark.

Large objects have crashed down onto the Earth. There is a large crater in Arizona called Canyon Diablo Crater or Barringer Crater. It is about 1,200 m (3,900 ft) in diameter, some 170 m deep (570 ft), and is surrounded by a rim that rises 45 m (148 ft) above the surrounding plains. The meteor was only about 160 feet wide. Also the Chelyabinsk meteor was 60 feet wide and exploded 97000 feet up. I know nothing about the supposed dinosaur killer.

Well? Anyone got anything of substance?

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

No. Don't know about a comet or whatever coming in September.. A comet struck millions of years ago in Wolfe Creek, in the North of Australia. We walked around the diameter, it's fairly shallow but really wide and very eerie.

If the comet or whatever pops up in the news, I might just sit up and write a "quick prophecy" and post it on the net. (as soon as it's detected and assuming it hits anywhere else, but here)

I might give it a try and "force" Revelations to fit in with my interpretation and then if something does happen...

I'll start my own religion and rake in the dough.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, FP, you certainly gave this some thought.

I am nearing 60 years of age now. In all my years, I haven't seen any prophecy come true in the slightest. I haven't seen any predictions reach fruition.

I therefore conclude that it works like this: Stuff that happened before I was born, you know, Biblical stuff, cannot be trusted as being true. what's to say the things that happened weren't written about after they happened and just claimed to be in advance? What real tangible evidence is there other than the anecdotal?

Not saying they're wrong...you decide. All I'm saying is, I haven't seen convincing evidence of predictions and their fulfillment.

I used to be a believer.......now there is nothing to verify any belief. If there is a god, he hates me.

A seriously sober mystic

That made me smile. sorta oxymoron methinks.

Here's my prediction: September. No asteroid. Nothing will happen.

Not knocking anyone's faith................just explaining my thoughts.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Off the top of my head the 'dinosaur'extinction you mention or the KT extinction of around 64 million yrs ago involved a mile wide meteor hitting mexico.

In fact the largest extinction event killing off 2 thirds of life, the permian extinction of over 200 mya was caused by a so called 'super volcano'& scientists believe a giant magma chamber of similar size lays under under yellowstone park.

• username
    username
    I will predict something so mind blowing that this could change civilization forever.............................................................................................................................................................................................................October 1St! That's all I'm saying, watch out for October first because it's coming whether you like it or not.
  • cofty
    cofty
    There is some Biblical evidence that....

I've spotted your mistake.

"Biblical evidence" is an oxymoron.

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Yeah,

The money thing is an incentive and its difficult to stop the slide down into self absorbing glory.

But, catastrophic events do happen and what would an ancient mystic write seeing such a unique and unfamiliar vision?

Years ago, a friend and I got interested in Nibiru so we went sky watching to view it. Didn't see no-biru. What we did see in 8 or ten sessions was four bolides between us. He saw one I missed and I saw one when he wasn't there. Bolides are meteor flashes visually as wide as your finger held out at arms length. These were bright disappearing below the horizon without a sound. They may have been hundreds of miles away. Officially, bolides are rare. To keep us interested in buying a new car or breath mints the news media talk about presidential candidates verbally bashing a TV news script reader or obesity statistics.

How many Foxy news fans knew that half of Thailand was flooded and under water a year or two ago? This summer, a Spanish news channel showed how a million acres was burning in the western US in some places usually rainy year round but nothing on CNN except when firefighters got killed.

A few years ago, a stinky meteor fell in the Andes mountains. At high altitudes meteors crash intact more commonly. The stinky meteor emitted a gas from its crater that made people sick and vomit. Lunatic fringe creatures called it the "Wormwood star". The over-reaction caused the official reports to morph into a denial of the physical symptoms caused by an event that really truely hadn't happened.

I am very religious but do not trust sources without objective forensic evidence. A mystic can report his visions in truth and I can believe that he heard from GOD, but without evidences isn't good enough proof of what he saw indicates. I might buy a few dozen postage stamps to mail out my findings but running out to the Mountains of Judea is a difficult proposition.

What if?

Yeah.

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Yeah, punkofnice, you wrote "tangible evidence". That's what I'm trying to get.

When a comet broke apart and dove into Jupiter it was an amazing sight, shocking astronomers with the violence.

Anybody know an astronomer that hasn't had a fatal crash on a mountain road in France yet?

Yeah.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There is no god, there are no angels, demons, heaven or hell. These are the facts: we live in a mechanical universe where SHIT HAPPENS, without the intervention of a Grand Designer or a Redeemer. All the "invisible spirit realm" is a grand lie cobbled upon other grand lies for the purpose of controlling you - yes, *sometimes* to your benefit - but always to the benefit of the "controlling class."

Why do I tell you this? Because I think you have a right to hear the TRUTH at least once before you die (and you WILL die, just as all life on earth dies, you know.) You can reject it, but it is is still true, and it will remain so with every tick-tock of time until the universe itself dies.

Prattle on about your spiritual experiences and how you are NOT (harrumph!) hallucinating when you hear the gentle voice of Your Lord telling you to "try the veal tonight and don't forget to tip 18 1/2%" because that's what HE would do. To put it plainly, my dear, you have a screw loose. Or argue about what year Babylon REALLY fell - it means NOTHING - see "mechanical universe" above.

Most of all, FOR THE LOVE OF TRUTH, please migrate AWAY from the HABIT of looking for "sacred signs" every September and October.

If shit happens - at WHATEVER time you pick - and sometimes shit DOES happen - it is not happening because your Jehova-Decoda-Ring revealed an ancient prophecy, it happens because shit happens. Unless YOU made it happen yourself, and very few XJWs make things happen because they are ADDICTED to "being served" by the FDS. It is SO pleasant to "be served" that they never ask if that is REAL *hit on the shingle, they just murmur "amen" and gobble it down.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    What we did see in 8 or ten sessions was four bolides between us. He saw one I missed and I saw one when he wasn't there. Bolides are meteor flashes visually as wide as your finger held out at arms length

Was it August? I saw two 'Shooting stars' last month within half an hour. The Perseid meteor shower is every August. Deep meaning? It means we passed through that comet again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit