It is now 2003.... Where is Armageddon?

by Nosferatu 97 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

This just in.....

Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead!

And Armageddon is still not here!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Wow! This thread is going on 16 years! And Armageddon is still not here!

Watchtower's promise of Armageddon and the Panda Petting Paradise has been going on for well over 100 years!

And, it's still not here!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we're so close you can almost taste it!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Wow, I cannot believe that I made a few substantive comments to this thread 16 years ago. As a side point, I was in a strategy meeting at work today. We were planning a project with preliminary goals for 2024. I kept thinking that this aligns with 110 years (and one overlapping generation) since the start of Christ's reign. But the end is near.

• freddo
    freddo

That OP post is brilliant. I'll re-post the most important part of it.

"For the year 2000, I visualize a world transformed into a beautiful paradise! But I don't think that either the present world or its rulers will live to see that day.. We are living in the last days of the system of things." {AWAKE Nov 8 1986 p6-8}

And this is a nice touch from another post in the thread ...

*** w99 11/1 p. 6 When Does the Third Millennium Begin? ***

Will Their Millennial Hopes Be Dashed?

Nevertheless, some religious fundamentalists have great expectations for the year 2000. They believe that during the next few months, portions of the book of Revelation will have a literal fulfillment.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I asked the same question in 1997 or 1998. I just could not get the thought that the 21st century would see us still in the “old world”

That, together with other doctrinal questions , led me to where I am today.

• HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

We are living in the last trillion days of the system of things. (Observer)

• sir82
    sir82

LOL.

Evidently, when Jesus referred to the "last days", he must have meant "groups of overlapping centuries".

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"2006 Deliverance at Hand"".

AHHH, this is the last convention. "Why are you taking night-classes, this is the last one(convention)!!!'""

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Maybe this should be included in the songbook as a new song ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xODjbfYw8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit