It is now 2003.... Where is Armageddon?

by Nosferatu 97 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nowadays the teaching is all about cultivating patience, and by God , donā€™t they need it !

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I first came to the understanding that all the End Time prophecies, including Armageddon, were supposed to have been fulfilled shortly after the time the Bible Writers wrote their nonsense, I wondered how long the Org. could keep the "it is sooooo close" tripe going, but they now alternate between calling for patience, and elsewhere still imply The End is near !

Poor deluded fools, there is no Armageddon to come, no End Times to come, ALL THOSE PROPHECIES FAILED !!!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think there is a list (on Wikipedia, maybe?) of dozens of end-of-world predictions dating back more than a thousand years. The fact that we have been interpreting the same books and texts for centuries and never ever gotten it right does not deter people from continuing to do it to this very day. Don't we have a topic where someone is predicting that the UN will take over the world and start WW3 soon, based on an interpretation of Bible passages?

Here's the correct prediction: when will the world end? Not today.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Well according to Bart Erhman, who you can certainly say has read everything there is to read about Jesus, written by those believed his nearest contemporaries and that in the original language, even *he* believed the end would come in his lifetime! Or rather, he didn't expect to have to die!

Bart says Jesus expected to be rescued by God as he dealt with Jesus foes...so Armageddon. Some of you will not taste death, etc.

• Gorb
    Gorb

I remember family discussions about 1975. Was a child. Then the discussions about Raymond Franz in the early 80's.

Time trends to fly.

G.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Answer - sometime in the future but not today - maybe - or maybe not.

I find it astonishing that 100 people can read the Bible and come up with 101 different understandings. Was that intentional by the writers, or were they just ambiguous enough so that there would always be an excuse for others to use when they were wrong? I don't know. What I do know is that we are alive, and now is the time to make a difference. Uniting people for their benefit is not easy, but it should be the goal for all of us. Devouring one another plays into the end time, doomsday religions.

Know any? I can think of one.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The GT leading to Armageddon is unrepeatable history. The religion is built on empty threats.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ted Jarucz (?) claimed "Barbara Anderson was a sign of the closeness of Armageddon" !!

He claims she was "the modern fulfillment of an evil female character in Isiah, signalling the destruction of Jehovah's people in the Hebrew scriptures"!

"Jehovah stepped in to prevent it, as he will do today".....only he didn't šŸ¤£because that was over 20 years ago!!! Well, he was right in a way, because it was the end .... for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit