It is now 2003.... Where is Armageddon?

by Nosferatu 97 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Room215 stated:

New York 44M; The rank and file ``go beyond the things that are written" and the boys in Brooklyn seize upon it, see fit to publish it without a mitigating or cautionary comment, implying approval of the sentiment, if it serves to rally the troops.... and you see nothing wrong with that?

Room, My post was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. Yes, it is despicable!! The article discussed in this post is an example, as has been explained on this board, of the society attempting to "have their cake and eat it too."

On one hand, they do not want to be pinned down with making specific predictions, but they use the words of the R&F to make their point. It is especially despicable in this quote because, if I remember correctly, the quote was from a young person.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Oh my bad.....I forgot all about it. Been so busy with the whole Iraq-Korea thing I forgot to get the party started....ok here we go......................................trumpets please......let the 4 horsemen ride...........

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

"Evidently you did not read the entity of the article. I vividly recall the magazine, and I remember reviewing it several times. The society never "said" that the end was coming before the year 2000....only misinformed publishers who were quoted in the magazine. "

I Actually did read the article. The thing is, the WTBTS actually did publish this, giving even more false hope in the reader. If the society didn't want to pin a date on armageddon, they should have never published this.

As for my own belief as to what armageddon is, it's when you die no matter what the cause of it is.

BTW, I've heard much about Ayn Rand's books, but I have no clue what's in them. Could someone give me a bit of a description?

• sOOner
    sOOner

Wellllllllllll....my mama who shunned me August 30th last year finally called me yesterday.No mention of course"it's right around the bend"No mention of anything really other then how very much she loves me and her other daughters.

In any case it was great just hearing her voice,I really don't think about who,when,where is Armageddon.

Sounds like the name of a great perfume too me...

sOOner

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Brigadoon: I have often thought that they might try this method to extricate themselves from their chronology problems.

After all, they used it before. They predicted the end in 1914. Then when nothing happened, they invented an invisible war in heaven and the start of Christ's invisible presence.

An invisible Armageddon might be just what they need.

• Latte
    Latte

COMPETITION!

Theres still time to enter this competition!

PLEASE COMPLETE ALL THE QUESTIONS ON THIS FORM. The first 144,000 will receive first prizes of everlasting life. Runners up the possibility of everlasting life under threat of death at any time.

Which generation was Jesus referring to in Matthew 24:34?How many years are there in a generation?Christ began his rule in - 1874, 1914, 1918 ,1925 or other?..

Who is the faithful & discreet slave - Rutherford, Russell, the WTS, MDS, Jr, bjc, other?(competitors cannot enter their own name.)
    How many fulfilments do Bible prophecies have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 more? . Is salvation available only through the WTS?.

Is voting (a) against the law (b) a matter of conscience (c) depends which Watchtower you read? Again - using blood fractions (a) (b) (c)?.Is Armageddon (a) due any day now (b) just around the corner (c) completely round the bend?Is the WTS (A) a prophet (b) a puppet (c) a pack of cards, other..Does WT stand for (a) waste of time (b) watching time (c) we're tracking, other?...Is an old truth , truth that is (a) worn out (b) at retirement age (c) a collectors item, other?...

Is quoting long passages of scripture on the web a sign of wisdom & maturity?
    Is an open mind (a) an invitation to demons (b) a sign of stupidity (b) a surgical procedure? You must use answer (a).Members always leave the WTS because they are (a) apostates (b) demonised (c) sex maniacs (d) all three

The judge's verdict is final and no correspondence can be entered into. Prizes are not transferable. Entrants can be disqualified at any time without reason or notice. All entrants must agree to the terms specified by the WTS. No date is given for prizes to be received. Women must cover their heads when helping men to make sense of this form. Copying forms filled in by elders is allowed in fact we may make it compulsory, in which case those that filled in forms their own will be disqualified and asked to leave.

Any enquiry or criticism of the administrators will result in the same penalty being applied. The rules of this competition can and will be changed at any time. Those not wishing to take part are evil and can expect to be executed along with their families when the prizes are given out. If you are unclear about the terms of this generous competition please do not ask questions, as you will incur the above penalties. The Governing Body reserves the right to keep the first prizes for itself.

All credits to TREVOR http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=2513&site=3

Latte

• manon
    manon

Armageddon is on a permanent vacation.

• JH
    JH
    The day will come you open a watchtower-magazine and you will read that armageddon already had happen.

They will say that Armageddon was invisible, just like Jesus's presence in 1914

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Latte, which KM is that insert in? :D

• Latte
    Latte

January KM 2003 under the heading What to say about the magazines uses such statements like.

This issue of the WT gives a satisfying answer to that question. (offering Jan.15 W/T)

This magazine explains how this will be accomplished (Offering Jan 22nd Awake)

This issue of the W/T discusses a time when all will have work that is rewarding (Offering Feb 1 st )

This magazine shows what is behind such exploitation of children as well as how it will be stopped ( Offering Feb 8 th Awake)

I guess that they know were watching them.lol

See for yourself! Scans courtesy of Stephanus

< http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44405&site=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit