Officially Disassociated Tonight

by Princess 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Wow, Congratulations!

You two are adorable and I admire your courage so much!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Was that at the ministry school meeting? If so, not to many in attendance.

Princess, nice clothes you have on. Very appropriate for the occasion. Congrats are in order!

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Lilac,

That is about what the attendance looked like when I was attending.

• Beans
    Beans

I really believe that this should be the new way to dress at the meetings or how about Casual Day once a month, you may be setting new standards here!

That hall looks pretty empty eh!

Beans

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Maybe they should be less concerned about kicking people out and more concerned about keeping people in to fill these seats!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Sorry for this late posting...just saw your thread now...

great pics of you two...I have read Mulan's posts here for quite some time and I have found her balanced, kind and very giving. No wonder she's proud of you!

I too was disassociated around ten years after never having attending a single meeting (other than one funeral)...The Elder who called said I was still considered a Witness. I said, "I haven't been one in ten years." He repeated himself. It was because I had written an article in the paper that was pretty "out there"....Honestly it felt weird and I had no intention of going to the meeting, but I totally think the process is absurd!

• LB
    LB

I talked to Rachel and Steve about DAing myself a couple of months ago when we were up there for a diving trip. I know they really could care less about being DAed. As they told us the JW's didn't even warrent any concern. They had openly celebrated holidays for years. The JW's would go out in service in their neighborhood and walk past their home without ever stopping. This for over 6 years. They moved on a long time ago.

This is a very healthy young family. The kids are well adjusted and happy. The two of them are still madly in love. They make you feel good being around them. I wish I were at their party tonight, I'm sure they had a blast.

• riz
    riz

nicely done, steve and rachel!

screw 'em.

• Swan
    Swan

Congratulations!

We arrived early and a couple who have always maintained contact came right over and were very chatty. We told them why we were there and they were totally fine with it.

Maybe they will be at the next Edmonds apostafest. I think it was great that you walked out with big grins. Hopefully some of them will see the hypocrasy of the whole thing and also begin to think about all the fun they are not having. You have a nice big house, but with all of these new apostates you may have to get Bruce to rent the Tacoma Dome next summer after all.

Tammy (delirously happy for you two!)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Well !!!! Im appalled at your blatant disrespect for Jehovah's Organization. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And next time you do something like that, you better invite me so I can have some fun with you!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit