Officially Disassociated Tonight

by Princess 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Princess. Sounds like you had a great time. Wish I had attended when the elders made the annoucement that they had determined that I had disassociated myself. I hadn't attended meetings in years but the unforgiveable sin was that I was engaged to a Jewish girl. Again it was their interpretation, not mine as I had never verbally or in writing disassociated myself. But we all know that the Watch Tower and the KGB make the rules. Anyway congratulations are in order as you are both free of JW control.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• onacruse
    onacruse

Steve and Rachel, welcome "officially out" to you both!

(I assume this means that Simon will have to restart your posting numbers )

Craig

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Congrats Rachel and Steve!!!

You must feel such relief no more doubt in anyones mind. Think of all the peeps you don't have to make small talk to now, gotta love it!

I did notice like some others the hall sure looked empty or was it just early, LOL!

Katie

• animal
    animal

A big high five to you and hubby.... and a deep bow. Good job.

Animal

• Princess
    Princess

It was really empty. My friend said it's usually around 50 people. They didn't have a second school and the school overseer said there were 44 people enrolled in the school.

They seem to have a new school format. The bible highlights were followed by comments from the audience. The bible reading was only that, no additional comments. He just read the passage and that was it. The third talk was on an assigned topic, something about witnesses being persecuted is a sign of the last days. The fourth talk was given a topic and could get the material from whatever source they wanted. Could have a little fun with that eh?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Kick ass, still think you should have had a whole troop show up, I think I could scare a few of them. LOL So when is the party? LOL

• Princess
    Princess

Saturday at 6 Charlie, hope you can make it!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Good for you Rachel and Steve. Your huge grins say everything!!!

I too, noticed the empty seats. Gotta say, as a JW, that used to be rather discouraging, to see such an empty Hall. Looks like more are leaving than coming in, eh?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hi Princess,

I have to say, I cracked up at your description of the meetings. You use the same words I do....excruciatingly boring.

Heh, heh. And I used to feel guilty for thinking that. Sheesh. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. NOT!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Rachel and Steve,

Huge congratulations are in order! You are free of that diabolical organization at last. Yay, you two!

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit