What went through your mind when you saw this Picture?

by John Aquila 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

SafeAtHome, that illustration depicts an event that's supposed to occur after the Millennium where some of Paradise's people turn wicked and threaten those who are faithful.

The idea is based on this scripture from the book of Revelation:

7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. Revelation 20:7-9 New International Version

I remember seeing that illustration in two different places though I can't remember where. I think the image from the book that John Aquila took it from was recycled from some earlier literature. It does look 1960ish in it's artwork.

It's confusing because it mentions Gog and Magog which names are used in a different context in JW teaching.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    SafeAtHome 16 minutes ago
    I'm sorry, I am out of the loop here.

This was the time when they came up with the book of Revelation I believe in the 80s. It was a big deal back then. Then we studied the book for about 4 or 5 times. It depicts the situation after the 1000 years reign of JC when many will not like the situation of a paradise earth and rebel.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I left for good in 1985. I remember always thinking how ridiculous that after 1000 years there would still be a final test. I can't remember some of the books from my final years other than the Babylon the Great book, yuk, and I got rid of most all the literature. I kept a few like Aid to Bible Understanding and All Scripture Inspired. We had a big storm the end of June, power went out, sump pump out, basement ended up with six inches septic water backup. Those books were on bottom shelf of bookcase and you can guess the rest of the story. I guess a fitting end for WT trash. Anyway, thanks for explanation.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Just Another day in Paradise!
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Woodstock?

What's with the random lion placement in the middle of the pic?

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I thought, "Oh dang! Why are we still wearing shirts/ties and dresses! That is NOT paradise!"
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

A)HELP I can't see the picture, is it cos I is British?

B)It must be a Watchtower cos Heaven says there is a Lion in it!

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Ah...i remember the comraderee of the biker gang quite well.

(not really. i asked to join but they wouldn't let me in... and they beat me pretty severely. and i may have been compromised by a fellow named Road Dog)

• Dumplin
    Dumplin
    Actually, at first glance the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. I thought it was a snapshot of the last elder's meeting I attended.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Everyone is happy Satan is back. All the Rockstars and hookers too. Life was interesting again. No more petting lions for another 1000

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit