What went through your mind when you saw this Picture?

by John Aquila 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• eva luna
    eva luna

That's a bad acid trip some poor J.W. kid had in the 70's.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I saw the picture and a few of the posts. Where on earth did this picture come from? I do not remember this from any of my JW memories. Is this new, what is the context? I am confused, and slightly disturbed.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    NewYork44M
    I saw the picture and a few of the posts. Where on earth did this picture come from? I do not remember this from any of my JW memories. Is this new, what is the context? I am confused, and slightly disturbed.

This was the time when they came up with the book of Revelation I believe in the 80s. It was a big deal back then. Then we studied the book for about 4 or 5 times. It depicts the situation after the 1000 years reign of JC when many will not like the situation of a paradise earth and rebel.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    wheres the keg
  • wozza
    wozza
    When we offered these books at the doors ,we would be very careful as to what pictures would be shown the house holder ,it was embarrassing .
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

While I have no idea why I don't remember this. I was a BS conductor for more than one repeat of the Revelation book.

This was the time when they came up with the book of Revelation I believe in the 80s. It was a big deal back then. Then we studied the book for about 4 or 5 times. It depicts the situation after the 1000 years reign of JC when many will not like the situation of a paradise earth and rebel.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I worried about being one of those rebel guys and wondered if God could, in the long scheme of things, even redeem the unredeemable. It also worried me about always having to be in fear of God killing me at some point in the future for doing something wrong even after being in Paradise.
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    A Red Book (blood red at that) blast from the past!!! Ew, stop it with the Soviet Era styled illustrations!
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

They sure get you -- not only being afraid of a present day apocalypse but worrying about an event a 1,000 years away into the future.

And I just realized that the crumpled-up Satan's "tire tracks" are the chains which had bound him in the abyss.

I remember being amazed, shocked, and disappointed at this illustration-- like, why so many?? The people stretch way into the distance, on and on (with their little sticks and headbands) .... So many of our brothers & sisters choosing to follow Satan! Why?? (Well, now I know why! lol)

It must be difficult to make fists in the paradise, they look so flaccid. The woman on the left, with her bun falling out of her hair, has an especially weak fist. Like she's holding a microphone. Perhaps these rebels didn't comment enough at the new-world meetings, and so didn't get in enough "fist-making" (microphone holding) practice.

And 1,000 years into the paradise, witnesses will still be wearing Western dress clothes --shirts with lapels & collars. Such conformity. Yet I bet some of those brothers-turned-evil are even wearing brightly colored socks.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What went through your mind when you saw this Picture?

Headbands - WTF?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit