Long Intro From A Long Timer

by hillary_step 185 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Restrangled,

Hs I have few Questions for you. You can choose to ignore me as you did on another post.

I seldom ignore posts unless they are so inane that they are unworthy of my keyboard efforts. Take from this reply what you must.

I think your ego is out of control, and I don't need to copy and paste your comments here. You know what they are.

...and I think you are an untalented and pointless fat mouth who thinks that what they say actually carries any weight with me. What I can divulge, as you seem to be so interested in my personality, is that no person who really knows me would recognize me from your comments. Quite the opposite in fact. This makes you presumptous, arrogant and above all a dumbass for trying to 'read' personality from an online forum. It seems that you have neither the experience or the depth of character to be able to do this with any accuracy.

The difference between what I 'think' and what you 'think,' is contained in the word 'think'. Think about it. ;)

I would like to know what happened to the wife that decided over long distance phone calls that you no longer needed to post on this forum?

If this were any of your business, I would gladly inform you. As it is not, you can go whistle in the wind. Again, many people on this Board have met my wife, and those that know, know, that that do not just blow hot air. And you do not know.

Since you decided to post again, 'Why has she never posted here"?

None of your business. Not everybody who leaves the WTS choses to post on this Board, though I doubt that a person of your compromised intellect would understand this.

Is she not allowed to voice her opinion over yours? Is she too frightened or perhaps bullied?

LOL....Ask Cognizant, Belbab, AlanF, Just2Laws, Barbara Anderson, Joe Anderson, Joyzabel, Duncan, JapanBoy and many others who have met my missus if they think my wife is abused or scared to voice her opinions....lol. You really are a dumbass.

Most women in this day and age speak there mind.....why has your wife not?

LOL....you confound your own blatant and unapologetic stupidity. Please read the above

No need to get nasty..

Now this is where yourself and Trevor should learn lessons. You came on this thread and insulted me VERY nastily. You are a hypocrite Restrangled. Take responsibility for your own words and GROW UP!

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The way this thread has transpired today is a perfect example of exactly what I mean by the VERY LIMITED support, 'help' and 'uplifting' that can be given on a discussion forum. These delusions of grandeur are second only to those that permeate the Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses, where 'care' and 'support' is tied in to the lastest article in the WT.

That people persistently and frequently try to sum up the character of a person by their posts, and then are so persitently and frequently wrong in their summation, makes my point better than I ever could.

God, I have difficultly imagining some of you people being able to stand on one leg without a reality show, or a dog to lean on.

HS

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hi HS....

You blew a lot of hot air as usual and divereted a lot of questions. Thats OK, I didn't expect decent answers from you.

Had you said my wife wishes to remain out of it....would have been great but you went by the ugly elder based attack once again. You are one sorry ass old boy, You have a few supporters, but you really need to learn some manners. Stop over reacting.

Take care....I will watch for your posts.....and now I know you read mine!

r.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Restrangled,

The only thing that you learned from the above interchange is that when a dog is mentioned on the Board it is normally you barking, you are 100% wrong in your assumptions about myself and more importantly that you are proven hypocrite.

I answered all your questions, just as an act of politeness, though given you ability to accurately anlayse what a poster writes it does not surprise me that you happen to miss all the answers, or at least pretend you have not seen them.

Nitwit!

HS

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Hillary,

How long were you in the org?

Owen

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Owen,

How long were you in the org?

As a gung ho believer? Around ten years. As person hoping that the sky-god would bring change, another five As a duplicitous bastard waiting for my wife to see the light, another eight years or so.

The best thing that I ever did was to show patience. Eventually my beautiful wife saw the light and decided to leave too. It was frustrating waiting for her to throw down the shackles of her numerous decades as a JW, but it was worth every frustrating moment to have her with me. It also allowed me to plan financially and in other ways for our exit.

I have never condemned those who stay in hoping that their family will come along with them Jim Whitney wrote an excellent thread on this Board as to how to do this, taken from his own experience. These situations are often complex, and too many families break up imo from a badly planned exit from the WTS.

Another sadly missed poster, ExPatBrit wrote one of the most important posts on this Board as to how to 'fade' successfully a few years ago which tackled the importance of leaving on ones own terms which my planning allowed me to, and is well worth searching for.

Cheers - HS

HS

• godadist
    godadist
    The best thing that I ever did was to show patience. Eventually my beautiful wife saw the light and decided to leave too. It was frustrating waiting for her to throw down the shackles of her numerous decades as a JW, but it was worth every frustrating moment to have her with me. It also allowed me to plan financially and in other ways for our exit.

Love conquers all. I waited 8 years for my wife as well, serving in the congo and pioneering. I was very careful not to burn my ships. I "woke up"in '98-'99. I planned as well, completing college before my exit, the WT stance was less hardline in the early '00s.

Hats off to you on that.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    LOL....Ask Cognizant, Belbab, AlanF, Just2Laws, Barbara Anderson, Joe Anderson, Joyzabel, Duncan, JapanBoy and many others who have met my missus if they think my wife is abused or scared to voice her opinions....lol. You really are a dumbass.

Well, I don't know H.S. She was sporting that black eye not too long ago!

Good thing Restrangled didn't see that or she would have had your "Wanted for Wife Abuse" poster up in all the postal outlets in town!

I have followed this thread and the previous one by "Who Are You?" and I am just confounded (and somewhat fascinated) by the level of character assassination that Hillary endures on this forum. It's a good thing he does have a thick skin and a healthy sense of self-esteem, a lesser man would have slunk away with his tail between his legs long ago.

To answer Fifi's question on the other thread:

Why has every thread turned into an attack on HS?

Quite simply, I believe it is because he tells the truth, and the truth is seldom popular.

Jgnat said on the other thread:

P.S. Hillary-step is nice to me.

That is easily understood. I have NEVER seen Jgnat insult anyone on this forum, nor make any ignorant, dumbassed comments. (I wish I could say the same for myself)

Restrangled: If Jgnat says you are out of control, then you would be well advised to take heed.

It just boggles the mind how posters such as "Who Are You" and "Restrangled" can hurl thinly veiled insults at H.S. and then when he calls them on it and returns tit for tat, he is made out to be the vilest of villains, with ridiculous accusations and insinuations being hurled, while the flingers of such excrement chide him and urge him to be "nice" . Disgusting display of hypocrisy at it's finest, IMO.

Hillary certainly doesn't need me to defend him, he does quite well on his own, and I'm loathe to do so for fear of being called one of his "groupies" yet again, however, it is very distasteful to me to watch a friend being villified unfairly and not speak up. H.S. is a class act all the way and a gentleman, but he will "bloody your nose" if you throw the first punch at him and it will be no more than you deserve, IMO.

Cog ( proud to be an HS groupie!)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oh hIllery you poor boy,, please get a hold of yourself.

Your reaction to me shows I have shown you up for who you are.

Take care boy or should I say old boy...I have no worries.... you seem to have so many problems on this board

here is one of your sorry ass statements.

God, I have difficultly imagining some of you people being able to stand on one leg without a reality show, or a dog to lean on.

Really sweet heart, I have difficulty belieiving your statements about your wife. Maybe you have been left, and denied and are fighting like a dog...

you are a silly fool . Please once again, get over yourself. Maybe your wife told you that and you got rid of her, maybe not but we will never know.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Quite simply, I believe it is because he tells the truth, and the truth is seldom popular.

Can't agree with you here. Not saying that Hillary doesn't call things as he sees them, which I admire, but the dislike for him by some posters isn't so simple to quantify. Some types of personalities simply don't mesh. Some types of personalities draw polarized responses. Now, before someone says that online personalities aren't relative because they differ from in person personalities, I'll point out that on line personalities is all I'm talking about here, and all that is relevant to the vast majority of posters here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit