Long Intro From A Long Timer

by hillary_step 185 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Restrangled,

Hillary...all you have to do is be nice. Are you capable of that? take it or leave it. Stop the nasty responses....it does not bode well.

Can you not see your hypocrisy? It is stunning that you can be so ignorant...that is what really does not bode well. It is almost as if two people were posting, not one. Does your dog type?

YOU came on this thread unannounced and insulted ME. I merely turned these insults back on yourself and you then start whining about my 'nastiness'.

What you should be doing is apologizing for your blatant display of double standards, not advising me as to how I should behave.

HS

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ok Cog...thats great...we'll leave it and respect it at that. I take your word.

But why are so many just torn to pieces by this man when they post Some one asked about my posts, I have been very caring, sent money, and I feel I have been caring of others. I think most posters would agree. If you disagree speak up.

I am on restrictions on this forum because some poster called me Cxnt,Bitcx, and other things. When they were allowed to post about something and I objected to the postive reaction they were getting. One of the administrators, took me to task. Thats ok. I was threatened by a former poster here and they protected me.

I just would like to see a little more tolerance and understanding of each other.

r/

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled..Hey girl!..Yes I know you..But..We have never met..And..We get along great...........HS and I know each other both on and off this board....I think there are times when people just don`t get his humour..HS has said it himself..UK humour does not always translate well,into USA humour....And..I see it......Personally,he cracks me up..But..Thats because I understand the British sense of humour.................I try to give people a little more insight to a man they have never met and many times misunderstand...............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JK666,

When someone is brutally honest, they are usually more interested in being brutal than honest.

May I be honest? What you wrote above is rubbish built on 'self help' wishful thinking. If you can provide evidence for this statement, I may listen. You should be aware of the flaw in your own statement by your experiences within AA. I have been to numerous meetings over the years with AA in real support of friends. Brutal honesty is a requirement in many situations, especially with alchoholics and those who make self delusion a way of life.

What I have observed recently, is that you cannot stand it when someone disagrees with your opinion. You fly into ad hominem attacks, making insulting comments about the one that disagrees with you. Are you that insecure that you have to stoop to this level?

What you have NOT observed from me obviously and what you should have is that I NEVER throw the first rock. As I have noted so often on this thread that it is by now boring me is that you are leaving the word RESPONSE out of the equation. I respond to attacks on my posts in like manner.

Why not actually read posts instead of jumping in on threads trying to resurrect another agenda because your nose was bloodied in other threads?

For example, Restrangled was 'butally honest' in her opening thread to me. Why are you not attempting to speak to her about this matter, or is her 'brutal honesty' fine because it is directed at myself?

Shaking head.....sometimes I think that many of you would not recognize a principle if it landed on you from very great height. Maybe a taste of 'brutal honesty' is really what is needed!

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Restrangled,

But why are so many just torn to pieces by this man when they post

I ONLY RESPOND, I DO NOT ATTACK.

When are you going to get it through your head that it was YOU who 'tore me to pieces' in your first post to me on this thread. I merely RESPONDED in kind. YOU first posted insults. I replied in KIND. Get it? You insulted me first, I responded in kind. YOU need to apologize for doing so.

I wonder if this has actually got through at last. Perhaps I should hire an aeroplane and write it in the sky!

HS

• JK666
    JK666

Hillary,

You made me chuckle with that response!

AA does talk about brutal honesty . . . WITH YOURSELF!

Try it sometime, instead of trying to fix everybody else.

(Still chuckling)

JK

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I feel so 'supported' knowing that so many lovely, cuddly people are interested in my wee life.

At last I can call Bullshit on HS - the above statement I know not to be true- as I believe HS doesnt really give a shit what people think on a discussion board such as this.

But then reading between the lines I now see it as HS tongue-in-cheek humour

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is a good example of Funny!..LOL!!.......HS,speaks the truth..And..It`s done with "Acid Wit!"..Some can`t handle it...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hillery,

You know, you get very tiresome, I addressed your your threads, not you as requested.

Now you continue to attack... How about a sense of humor?

Do you remember the movie its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World? Do you remember the scene between Terry Thomas and Milton Berle in the Jeep? Arguing politics between America and Britain? Do you remeber the crazy fist fight they had?

This entire scenerio reminds of the same thing. If you haven't seen the movie, please rent it.

In the end, we all need to get along.

r.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JK666,

Try it sometime, instead of trying to fix everybody else.

...and you entered this thread unannounced to do just what? Another hypocrite on the ward....lol

Now you know what I mean about principles and ignorance of them.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit