VA shooting suspect was raised a JW! He mentions it on his Twitter account

by WingCommander 324 Replies latest jw friends

• under the radar
    under the radar

This was a racist hate crime and nothing less.

If the races of the perpetrator and victims were reversed, there would be national outrage and hand-wringing, protest marches, demands for reform, etc., etc. Not to mention the requisite burning and looting of the homes and businesses of people who just happen to be nearby.

Purely from that standpoint, I'm glad the races weren't reversed. Maybe a normal investigation can try to determine exactly what happened and why, without opportunistic grandstanders pushing all the politically correct "hot buttons" to further their own self-serving agendas.

Of course, since this poor soul was subject to discrimination and harassment because of his race and sexual proclivities, and he had such a hard upbringing and suffered such deprivation, he is obviously not to blame for what happened. No way he should be held responsible for his actions. He was just a poor misguided soul who finally succumbed to all the evils society foisted upon him.

It would have been more fitting if he had not taken the coward's way out, but instead had been trapped in his crashed car and slowly roasted to death in the ensuing fire. Either way, he's gone. Good riddance!

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    Wing Commander, don't forget gun related suicides, which are the largest number of gun deaths in the country, if I remember correctly.
  • Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    If the races of the perpetrator and victims were reversed, there would be national outrage and hand-wringing, protest marches, demands for reform, etc., etc. Not to mention the requisite burning and looting of the homes and businesses of people who just happen to be nearby.

You mean like with Dylan Root...where those things oddly did -not- happen? And, no, a hockey game wasn't lost, so I wouldn't expect any rioting.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

an apples to oranges comparison of the statistics makes America look worse than and apples to apples stat comparison.

let us not forget america has 320 million plus people and yes, lots of guns.

don't let the media make all of you logical people start ignoring statistics.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

If assisted suicides were legal, people would probably choose that out over eating the barrel.

We can put animals down and that's "humane". If suffering dying humans do it, it's a crime? That's f*cked up.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From his fax:

. He continues, “As for Dylann Roof? You (deleted)! You want a race war (deleted)? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE …(deleted)!!!” He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.Later in the manifesto, the writer quotes the Virginia Tech mass killer, Seung Hui Cho,

There seems no suggestion that he was a current J W but evident in the media that he had a JW past, and the use of "Jehovah" shows how what you learn, stays with you.

These days it is getting that whenever something horrible happens I wonder if there is a J W connection....half the time, there is !

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    an apples to oranges comparison of the statistics makes America look worse than and apples to apples stat comparison

Gun related fatalities per 1000 of population. Comparing like with like WingCommander. As I'm making this point I fully expect to be asked for official stats. That's fair enough, but we all know what those stats will show.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

America has a problem with mass/rampage shootings.

These things have been sensationalized by the media, I remember when I was younger the shock of the columbine shooting, watching it live on TV. America changed. Those two assholes became superstars. And the media helped a great deal.

There was a pew study in 2013, most americans perception was that firearm related crime was worse than ever, even though it has steadily declined over the past two decades. This shows peoples perception by what they are force fed, and what is reality in numbers don't jive

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

You cannot deny that america has become famous, not for gun crime, but rampage shootings. Why rampage shootings? They are sensational, get tons of attention, are horrifying, and generally the people are mentally ill! Not robbing a bank. Think about it people!
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/07/gun-crime-drops-but-americans-think-its-worse/2139421/

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

The problem of adequate mental health resources is compounded by the stigma of mental illness.

Some people fear for their jobs if it is found out they have a mental health diagnosis.

This leads to people who are leary to access care even if they know they would benefit from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit