As a Matter of Conscience, I Am Resigning from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Sail Away 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    cantleave
    Well done, for for making the break. Welcome to the world of unconditional friendships and real humanity. Sadly you will lose the friendship of brainwashed cult members including family members and those you thought would stick by you. Don't let the bastards grind you down!
    Can't leave, they have already done their damage. My JW in-laws have shunned my husband since he was a young adult. They now shun me, our children and their great grandchild. They have no definitive proof that I am nothing more than inactive. I have already lost the one JW "friend" who I still love as much or more than any family member.

SailAway

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

My local elders know that I initially walked away due to my decision to not shun my son,

well done you. my jw father never shunned me--he accepted i simply left the religion as i simply didnt believe in a god. hes paid the price for it though--hes in a care home--age 94---i'm his only visitor----no elders--no jw family-----even though they live half a mile away.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Nicely done, Sailaway.
    Maybe you will no longer be counted in those "20 million associated JWs" that Jackson bragged about at the Royal Commission.

A fringe benefit, OrphanCrow!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    stan livedeath

My local elders know that I initially walked away due to my decision to not shun my son,

well done you. my jw father never shunned me--he accepted i simply left the religion as i simply didnt believe in a god. hes paid the price for it though--hes in a care home--age 94---i'm his only visitor----no elders--no jw family-----even though they live half a mile away.

How sad stan livedeath. Hugs to you and yours.

SailAway

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Nope, elders are instructed to "call the branch" (Bethel) if any sort of legal action is threatened. In most cases, the threat of legal action defers or even indefinitely postpones any "no longer a JW" announcement.
    It has worked many many times before.

Has it really???? First I've heard of it.

Because of this...

but has anyone ever challenged/tested the Org's practice of announcing that "so-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" via International Human Rights Law.
    As far as I am aware no-one has thus they see it as they are free to announce whatever.

Enjoy your freedom, it's an amazing feeling!!!!

• the girl next door
  • clarity
    clarity

Sail away ......... this feels so right to me. Thank you for posting it.

If and when I go that far, and stand-up that strong ...I will run it past my lawyer and perhaps have him draw it up. It will be worth every cent me thinks!

clarity

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    the girl next door
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/49816/if-you-ever-wondered-why-hard-sue-wt-being-dfed-read-this
    Thanks for this link. I scanned it briefly and will read it more carefully this evening.
    SailAway
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away

clarity

Sail away ......... this feels so right to me. Thank you for posting it.
    If and when I go that far, and stand-up that strong ...I will run it past my lawyer and perhaps have him draw it up. It will be worth every cent me thinks!
    clarity

You are welcome, Clarity. Yes, it feels right and empowering, and I am leaning toward having my lawyer draw it up.

SailAway

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    interesting, wonder if they will not make the announcement any more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit