As a Matter of Conscience, I Am Resigning from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Sail Away 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

SAIL AWAY- I'm really happy for you that you've been able to move on and have a great life away from all the madness ! I'm glad that both you and your husband have a close relationship with your daughter, son in law , and grandson . Family is so important, and more importantly having family that accepts you with love unconditionally is a great feeling. Take care, we'll have to catch up some time ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Xanthippie and Mr. Flipper, life on the outside is great! I had my first birthday cake this year at age 58! You are both so right about family. I chose mine over everything I had ever known since my pre-teen years. I simply refused to shun my children. I have seen the pain it caused my husband. His parents have shunned him for 35 years now. They have lost out on so much.

Lurkers, please choose life with your family now over the false promises of a future paradise! You will not regret it! I promise.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Nicely done!

Of course, the congregation elders will have to have their children read the letter so the polysyllabic words can be explained to Jehovah's "brightly shining ones."

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

SecretSlaveClass said, "Comgrats! (sic) Another sheep broke the pen, ran away and learned how awesome life was without a sheep dog bullying it! Essentially you've graduated to a gazelle."

Wow, you really don't understand the whole sheep-sheepdog-wolf thing, do you?

Sheepdogs are not the ENEMIES of the sheep, they are the PROTECTORS of the sheep.

Sheepdogs PROTECT the sheep from the WOLVES, which are predators that would KILL and EAT the SHEEP.

In the future you might do well to avoid metaphors that you do not understand. Or advertise yourself as a comedian.

• Simon
    Simon

They also protect penguins! So cute ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35039105

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

SecretSlaveClass said, "Comgrats! (sic) Another sheep broke the pen, ran away and learned how awesome life was without a sheep dog bullying it! Essentially you've graduated to a gazelle

Nathan Natas, I took SecretSlaveClass to mean that I was free from the elders that pose as shepherds, but are in fact wolves in sheep's clothing who bully the flock. I appreciated his comment about my freedom very much.

Simon, I love the story about the little fairy penguins!

Diane

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Diane, feel free to misunderstand the metaphor as much as you wish.

Simon, that was a GREAT story about the sheepdogs eating the penguins! :)

• Simon
    Simon

Nooooo, the sheepdog save the penguins!! LOL

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Nathan Natas, feel free to misunderstand the penguin story as much as you wish, and congrats on successfully derailing my thread.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great to hear SA that you've moved on and life is treating you well since leaving the evil cancer, it really is the best way of living (outside of the cult of course!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit