BRITS v YANKS

by nicolaou 166 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Deduct 3 points from BRITS score for even CLAIMING Jan H as one of their own!

Silly, of course we still declare war! (Think of Iraq)

I'd suggest that the next time you're visiting our great capital city of Washington DC, you take a tour of ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY where the tour guide would be glad to explain to you, in three easy hours, why we 'never declared war on Vietnam,' and why although the cemetery is laid out in sections according to what war the soldiers died in, you'll still hear it called the Vietnam Conflict!

Of course, I realize I have an unfair advantage when in comes to our Nation's History, since I was born in Washington DC. But Jan, I won't let it affect my feelings about you, don't worry!

Other reasons we trounce our froot-loop cousins:
    1. We elect our officials, even if we argue about it!
    2. We don't have Sophie Rhys-Jones getting caught bad-mouthing the Royal Family. (God knows, George dub-yah is bad enough).
    3. We don't have Camilla Parker-Bowles committing adultery with Prince Charles while his gorgeous intelligent wife is raising his two sons!
    4. Come to think of it, we don't have Prince Charles! (That's worth two points.)

Score
    USA=15
    UK=12 Oh take away 1 because Jan thinks he knows our nation's history but doesn't.
    UK=11

Oh yeah, you guys have Logical. Your score is back to 0.

USA=15
    UK=0

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

THAT'S IT!

LDH has gone too far! Trashing our royals!

Launch Fergie at 'em again. That'll bring 'em whimpering to surrender!

Expatbrit

• LDH
    LDH

It's OK Expatbrit, I just realized our score was back to zero as well.

Charles T. Russell was an American.

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

I personally enjoyed Austin Powers 2, which i'm unsure about where to put the point. Austin Powers was British I think....UK+1. But the movie was a U.S. movie, U.S. + 1. And we could even keep the title as the spy who SHAGGED me. James Bond, same situation. US and UK + 1. But come on. I think we all know who makes the BEST movies ( the MATRIX, Forest Gump, the list goes on and on ) + 1. I'm no big music fan, but I believe the Beatles were from somewhere around there. UK + 1. As for an earlier comment, Rugby has nothing to do with strength or toughness. There is a difference between bravery and STUPIDITY. And FOOTBALL uses hands and an oblong ball; FUTBOL uses feet only. that's all for now.

"No cool quote yet. But i'll think of one soon."

• Angharad
    Angharad
    We don't have Camilla Parker-Bowles committing adultery with Prince Charles while his gorgeous intelligent wife is raising his two sons!

Actually Princess Diana died.

Two points to britain for that blunder!!

• Simon
    Simon

OK, now the gloves are coming off ...

Most of us can find other countries on the world map.
    We know what the capital of our own country is.
    We know that Australia is not part of Europe
    Also, for anyone to be declared winner of any 2"world series" there must be at least one other country take part.

Plus 5 for the UK

However, we'd like to have our points allocated to Canada because we're moving there and want to be welcomed.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Simon.

Yes, Angharad, I know about Princess Di. But I can't help living in the past in this one regard. One good look at Parker-Bowles and you'll know why!

• logical
    logical

OI Lisa you cheat, I already deducted points for me being in the UK

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Wow i've been gone for a day and sounds as if WWIII has broken out!

Anyway we know u yanks just love us brits....when we visit your country all we here is wow...u from London????...when really the majority of us are not from London, but some other city....yet we just humour you and say yeah i'm from London...and yeah i have met princess di!

Sing....Rule Brittania, Brittania rules the waves, Britain never ever ever shall be slain......long live the Queen, long live the Queen

Yours dig

Try to add life to your days, not days to your life.

• mommy
    mommy

JanH,
    If I lived on an island I would probably be so bored, I would have to read history of others countries just for amusement as well

Expatbrit,
    Come and see me when you go to SC! Or get in touch and we can meet up The weather is great now, and spring is here!

Official announcement: I feel that this has gotten out of hand. I am LOVING it!
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit