BRITS v YANKS

by nicolaou 166 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

You win a lifetime's free subscription to the Watchtower and Awake magazines.

Enjoy.

Expatbrit

• Francois
    Francois

In connection with the pestilential posts of this posing post-prandial provocateur, remember:

NON CARBORUNDUM ILLEGITIMI

You heard it here first.

Francoise

• larc
    larc

I would say that the U.S. is way ahead on inventions: light bulb, phonograph, movie film, airplane, assembly line, interchangable parts (Ely Witney - helped win the Rev. War.), self starting automobile engine, cash register, copy machine, telephone - to name a few. I am sure that other Yanks here will think of many more.

• TR
    TR

There just is no comparison. The U.S. is the best country on the planet to live. I don't need to resort to who did this or that. The U.S. has the widest variety of career oppertunities, climates, people, etc. If you don't like the taxes and laws of a certain state, cross the border to a different state, It's way too cool here. END OF ARGUEMENT!

TR

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

What's all this talk about our food????

We have a national dish.....ok, so it's only fish and chips, but what's yours??????

....oh yeah, pizza!!!

Yours dig

Try to add life to your days, not days to your life.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"Spotted Dick, and Frog in the Hole my ass."
    Francois you worry me. I don't need to know what type of 'dicks' or amphibians you keep up your ass!

"You have infected the planet with Hoof & Mouth Disease."
    Actually it arrived from China - does the US have F&M?

"You have infected the planet with Tony Blair."
    Ooooh. Now that's where you tripped up - big time! I mean what do the American people actually think of THEIR president?

http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com
    http://www.american-politics.com/
    http://nobodyforpresident.org/
    http://www.gwbush.com/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perhaps in all fairness though it would be best to let the man speak for himself.
    The prosecution rests.

Nic'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quotes from your president when he was a governor:

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"Republican's understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

"Welcome to Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit…Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." 8.11.1994

"The holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." 9.15.1995

" I believe we are an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change" 5.22.98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." 12.6.93

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." 11.30.96

"I have made a good judgment in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be a better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world." 9.21.97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I have made." GWB Jr. to Sam Donaldson

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."

"I am not part of the problem, I am a Republican."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it." 5.20.96

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." 9.22.97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority." 9.5.93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." 9.18.95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George W. Bush may or may not make."

"We're all capable of making mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may have made."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that is doing it."

"It's time for the human race to enter a solar system."

. http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

• TR
    TR

Bush may be inarticulate, but he's better than Clinton.

TR

• mommy
    mommy

I move for Nicolau to be removed. He started this thread. I have a feeling he had a bag full of ammunition before he posted. It is obvious he has the most compelling arguments, our own quotes[8>]
    wendy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Aww Mommy!
    If I promise to be good and not say mean things anymore, will you be nice and let me stay? Pleeeaaase?

Nic' [:|]

. http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    Aww Mommy!
    If I promise to be good and not say mean things anymore, will you be nice and let me stay? Pleeeaaase?

Nic' [:|]

Yo, Nic! We can't trust you and your promises....you know that. You are an.....I don't know if I can even type the word without shuddering in revulsion......you are an.....(gulp).....an.....APOSTATE!!!

Besides, we oldtimers just love smartmouths. (hehehehe)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit