LambsRoar Reply to Mr. Bill Bowen - Slander &am...

by RevMalk 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

RevMalk said:

Even though I have been slandered, Abused, lied to and used, I know how much the website created for silentlambs will HELP the lambs, and I don't wish for them to lose out on the valuable information contained within that creative. Many many hours, days and months went into that website, by me AND a few other volunteers. Including G.R.I.T.S., UNDF, Lolipop (from LRD), Dungbeetle, and a few others I can't mention, because I don't know their names (As they were working with GRITS), I wish to thank each end every one of them for their unselfish assistance in the website development.

Rev, thank you so much for your kind words. You and GRITS did so much more work than I did, but I am very happy that I was able to contribute information for the Website.

I too want to thank you, and GRITS, Lolipop, Dungbeetle, JosephMalik, and the others who helped contribute to the silentlambs Website and the LambsRoar Forum.

For all these reasons stated, but mostly for the Lambs, I am STILL not holding that work back from Bill, or silentlambs.org. He/They are more than free to come to me and receive the website that they abandoned, with no questions asked. If there is someone who would like to mediate that transfer, please contact either me or Bill, and negotiate that. I think it wise that Mr. Bowen and I not have too much contact with one another for the time being. I will offer Bill nothing else, but the files for the website. I will sign nothing, I will request nothing, and I will offer nothing else. Anyone who is capable of moving the site may wish to volunteer, or he may use his current webmaster, whatever, and however he chooses. That is my offer of peace, in spite of what has occurred over the past several days. And as I have stated publicly, silentlambs has a FULL Lifetime license to use any creative on that site by me or my company, and that includes coding, layout, graphics and design. That means for LIFE he may use that work royalty free. Whether or not he gives my company credit for that work is on his conscience, and that will be understood. I think this is more than fair considering what I have been through. Realize that this offer is on account of all Abuse Survivors worldwide, so that they may sooner find what they need to be at peace within themselves. This is not a 'favor' to Mr. Bowen, it has nothing to do with him, and everything to do with the Abuse Survivors.

Amen.

I do feel very sorry for you and for what has happened.

I do not believe that you are "working for the Watchtower" or that you are "mentally unstable" (at least not any more "mentally unstable" than me or any other Ex-JW on this Website ).

However, I must also state that I do not have any knowledge of what has gone on privately between you and Bill Bowen.

I do understand how things can very easily be misunderstood, especially over the Internet.

I do not believe that Bill Bowen is a bad or evil person and I do not believe that he would intentionally try to hurt someone, or lie about someone.

I think that Bill must truly have believed what he said about you.

Because, let's think about this for a minute -- If Bill intentionally lied about you, and he knew what he was saying was false, why on Earth would he do it?

Bill had to have known you would post your response on the Internet Forums and that he would end up looking worse.

You see, what I'm saying is, I think the only way that Bill would have risked hurting his reputation more, would be if he truly believed what he was saying.

I don't understand what is going on with all of this mess -- it all seems extremely weird and unreal.

From all of your posts and E-Mails that I have read, you have been a very kind and nice person, Rev, and I truly believe you are.

Merry Christmas, and May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and your family Rev.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 21 December 2002 5:39:20

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Also, I thought I would post a Beatles Song which seems very appropriate:

Try to see it my way,
    Do I have to keep on talking till I can't go on?
    While you see it your way,
    Run the risk of knowing that our love may soon be gone.

We can work it out,
    We can work it out.

Think of what you're saying.
    You can get it wrong and still you think that it's alright.
    Think of what I'm saying,
    We can work it out and get it straight, or say good night.

We can work it out,
    We can work it out.

Life is very short, and there's no time
    For fussing and fighting, my friend.
    I have always thought that it's a crime,
    So I will ask you once again.

Try to see it my way,
    Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.
    While you see it your way
    There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.

We can work it out,
    We can work it out.

Life is very short, and there's no time
    For fussing and fighting, my friend.
    I have always thought that it's a crime,
    So I will ask you once again.

Try to see it my way,
    Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.
    While you see it your way
    There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.
    We can work it out,
    We can work it out.

• abbagail
    abbagail

REQUEST: Would EVERYONE PLEASE stop using the word "VICTIMS"? Victims do NOT like that word. The commonly accepted term is "abuse SURVIVORS" which is much more healing and positive! Thank you!

LOL @ Undf'd for the Beatles song! Perfect!

I, too, will join in again in thanking you and the others who have helped out; and thank you guys for the nice compliments, but it takes all of us together and the work is not finished yet!

What did TH mean by "Yawn, guess not" - ?? :) Usually I can figure out TH's messages, "a man of few words." ;)

I'm with Mulan (to Hawk): Who is Mr. Greenburg and what did he have to say? If you cannot tell publicly, why bring it up and make us all curious? BTW, are you out of reach for email?

Hawk wanted to know why it was a big deal about Rev's name being used since he has a website business. Might you email Rev privately and ask that question? There's a good answer to it.

Hawk also asked:

"Hey ... can anybody answer my webmaster question?"

Like Rev, I don't remember seeing a webmaster question...

Hawk also wrote:

"And he has now turned the "real big show"over to the victims and their lawyers. Its their turn now. So really the victim's real trust is in the lawyers and not Bill. Lawsuits and press bring about change.

We all realize this and are very happy about it. But while the "big show" is going on with the "big players" (certain survivors/attorneys/lawsuits/media, etc.), what about the REST OF US who need a place to "hang out" in the meantime? That's what the forum aspect of the SL site was for. If, as you say, Bill REALLY has turned things over to the "victims" (SURVIVORS), it sure didn't look that way when he declared the termination of the forum, said forum being for survivors THEMSELVES (since not ALL survivors are busy with lawsuits/media/attorneys, etc). Did he take a poll of the survivors FIRST to see how they felt about it? NO. He wrote he was doing it FOR the survivors. Well, which ones exactly? The majority of survivors who spoke out were/are in favor of KEEPING the forum.

BTW, are you, Hawk, one of the "key persons" who Bill conferred with and decided the forum was not needed? that it was more negative than positive? that it was taking away from the progress on the site? The survivors would like to know who is involved in making these decisions that affect everyone. Thank you.

Lastly to Hawk: I'm confused as this sounds like a contradiction. First you said:

... well ..he (Rev) does have legal recourse if he wants to go there and so does Bill.

But then you said:

And Rev .... it's "apparent libel" not slander and I really want to see where itoccurred cause I am having difficulty finding it.

Maybe the first statement concerns something entirely different than the second.

For the Record:
    ***I am not against Bill at all, and he knows it. But I don't agree with this latest disaster/email, nor did I feel splitting off from the forum was a good idea. It only caused hurt feelings, confusion, and now even more dissention.
    ***Having a non-JW webmaster is fine with me, and I hope he does as good a job as Rev (please keep the TEAL COLORS!!!)
    ***The fact that Bill "burned rubber" at the KH the night of his DF'ing never bothered me at all. It's a harmless way to let out loads of stress. I just figured it's a "guy thing." Hey, it's HIS tires losing the tread, and it's better than "going postal."
    ***Everyone should ready LadyLee's thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42827&site=3
    ***Here's the bottom line with me: "I personally feel split-in-two like the baby in the King Solomon story. Here Bill, take one leg. Rev, you can have the other." Posted at: http://www.lambsroar.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=1617#1617
    ***To read more of my ramblings on this subject, go here:
    http://www.lambsroar.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=1615#1615
    and here: http://www.lambsroar.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=1616#1616

Thanks.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I am very confused here, it seems to me that Mr Bowen is directing all his anger at the SUPPORTERS of silentlambs, and at ExJW's, why would he do that? (if that is the case)?

He NEVER cared anything about what me or my children endured for years. There was a brief moment in time when I thought he might. But I am, and have been for some time now, convenced he was only interested in what my past could do for him. There is nothing better then bashing a suvivor of abuse if you want to lose credibility.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

plmkrzy said:
    "But I am, and have been for some time now, convenced he was only interested in what my past could do for him."

"my past could do for him."

That is all BB seems to care about. He never stoped being a gustopo elder. Someone needs to burst his bubble. He wants to control everything and everyone including the media.

NewLight2

• Seven
    Seven

{{{{{{{{{GRITS & plmkrzy}}}}}}}}}

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey Seven! Thanks for the {{{{{Hug}}}}}! I don't know what it's for exactly, but I like it and it feels good!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Hey Seven! Thanks for the {{{{{Hug}}}}}! I don't know what it's for exactly, but I like it and it feels good!

yeh me too. Thanks

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Bill,

When was the last time you had a "get away from it all" holiday?

Do it now! You need one!

Spanner

• Seven
    Seven

GRITS and plum, The hugs are for being sincere in your care and support of the average survivor-the nameless ones. It makes me feel like something more than a statistic. Thanks. Seven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit