LambsRoar Reply to Mr. Bill Bowen - Slander &am...

by RevMalk 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Simon,

No no - please let danny and Rev have their say.

Quite frankly I am just relieved Rev does have money. That day (if you go through the thread) - I was so sad that I actually told Rev that he needed help (big time) and I recommended to him that he needed to get his priorities right - Rev took it the wrong way at first until I told him I was talking about his financial crisis and then he was okay with the comment - So I am very relieved that he is not financially ruined and can look after his family.

hawk

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I didn't mean to imply Hawkaw did anything or said anything wrong, and I apologize if I made that impression. I did imply that (I am in financial ruins) in another thread, and had things gone on the way they were I would be out on the street eventually. But I was just trying to clarify that here, and didn't mean to make a big deal over it. Someone's idea of 'financial ruin' at the time they're looking at their checkbook, and once they've had a chance to figure some things out is two different things. I didn't think anything of it until I saw that the statements made it all over the place, and I just wanted everyone to know that we're ok, just not in the place we really want to be, or should be for that matter. Again, I didn't think Hawk did anything wrong, although my post did sort of make it seem that way looking back. Haha, it still amazes me how things can blow up over nothing, but at least we're able to hash them out.

Edited by - RevMalk on 23 December 2002 12:19:4

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Hopefully this won't continue 'cause I think we probably all agree that it's taking energy that can be better spent elsewhere by all concerned.
    I agree 100%, and I just wanted everyone to know we're OK, despite MY comment and Hawkaw's. I probably should have put this in another thread to separate it from this other mess, which I wish to God would just go away. As many have said, including me, this is not benefiting anyone. I did feel, at the time, the need to defend myself, and I intended on making a huge response bit by bit to the emails, but that's because at the time I felt the need to do so. Now that I see how it's gone, and the support I've gotten both here and via email/phone, etc, I see it's not necessary. That's about the biggest thing that I've seen come out of this against me, is my financial ruins, so I can't really complain, but I did want to clear that up. I think it's best that everyone move forward (IMHO), we all know who stands where on everything, and it's time for me, at least, to go on about my business. I forgive Bill for his shortcomings (I have them too!), and I support silentlambs, and that's all that matters. So Merry Christmas everyone!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42987&site=3

Edited - Spelling as usual :(

Edited by - RevMalk on 23 December 2002 12:20:8

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Sometimes people bite off more then they can chew. It does pay to remember though, that Bill Bowen was only someone bringing up a problem. I do not get the sense that he was saying, "Let me take care of all of the world's Witness-abuse problems alone, and do nothing on your own." It seems like people did that to him, by sending all request to his site and seeing him as Silentlambs. It should be noted that if you want something done right, then you should do it yourself. Meaning, why get frustrated with a man who is doing things you disagree with. Just go out and do something locally, nationally, or worldwide on your own. Then you wont care what some organization or person is doing, you will be in control of what is done and how it is handled. By seeing the Silentlamb's organization and Bill Bowen as the only source for help, it is only natural to want to mold it into what you see as proper assistance. Which leads to being frustrated when it does not respond or listen to what you are saying. Learn from their mistakes, and make something of your life and shared pain. If we could even bottle a percentage of all the energy wasted on debate, attacks and frustration and turn it into action to help children, we would be taking a small step into a much larger world of productive assistance in child abuse.

Edited by - whyhideit on 23 December 2002 18:33:40

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

The problem being, is that there are certain areas, that Bill has no clue as to how to run them, and he's not deligating these tasks to other people properly. To properly manager you also need to know how to deligate.

• Englishman
    Englishman

TH,

I spent many years in management with companies such as Anglian, Zenith & Sharps, and I must agree with you about delegation.

If you can't delegate then you are actually saying "I'm indespensible!". Or, maybe, insisting on a level of control which will drive people away, because the demands that such a person will make are intolerable.

I have seen it so many times and I saw the same tendency in BB right from day 1. That's not to say that he is not sincere, just that anyone working alongside him will come to grief.

Of that, I am 100% certain, you see if I am right or not.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit