LambsRoar Reply to Mr. Bill Bowen - Slander &am...

by RevMalk 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joelbear
    joelbear

I too formed my opinion of Bill after the "burned rubber" post.

He's a grandstander. He wants to go down in anti-Watchtower history.

He is using a mixture of really abused people, fake abused people and more grandstanders to create some sort of weird kingdom for himself.

I continue to hope all child abuse victims will get help, but their concerns got pushed aside by Bill a loooong while ago.

SCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH.

Joel

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Hey ... can anybody answer my webmaster question?

What was the question again?

And Rev .... it's "apparent libel" not slander and I really want to see where it occurred cause I am having difficulty finding it.

This is not true according to my Attorney, but again, I don't plan to sue, so it really doesn't matter, and I am no expert myself. 'libel' is defamation in 'printed' matter, and yes the email might seem to be 'printed' matter, but it is not. It falls under 'slander' because it was done under a pretense of personal communication via Bill and his 'friends'. 'libel' would be if Bill included a printed version of this email in his inevitable up and coming novel (No, I don't know this, I'm presuming of course :). If he did that, well then he would be guilty of defamation of character, libel AND slander. If he's good at anything, it's killing his entire reputation with one stone. He's a master, and doesn't even realize it. Beyond that, I will not go tit for tat, that would just be ridiculous. If you don't see things as I do, then there's nothing I can do, and continuing on in a debate that will benefit no-one would be an incredible waste of time and energy. I am ready to move on, forgive and forget I suppose, and hopefully heal, this is doing nothing to benefit the cause or the Abuse Survivors. I have stated that the website is still up for grabs by silentlambs.org, and it will remain that way. Again, this is for the Abuse Survivors, and not a personal favor to Mr. Bowen. Unfortunately I no longer have any use for the man, but that's just me. I will respond to the allegations, but it's not my top priority at this point in time. He's buried himself here, and what I have to say in response is really not going to change that one bit. Again, I am bending over backwards, which is and has been a matter of public record for several days now, ever since Mr Bowen 'informed' the public of this insanity.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Yawn, guess not.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

And the Saga continues.......

More accusations, unfounded....more slander, or libel, or defamation, or whatever you want to call it. It just keeps going, and never ends. Now that he KNOWS I don't want my name used, he uses it more than ever! Nice guy, not protecting the identity of an Abuse Survivor when requested. Not very nice, not ethical, and certainly not professional. This is the guy YOU want running this show? I think you should take another vote!

Just in case this gets edited -

180)
    silentlambs
    [email protected]
    cache1.vci.net
    Well it appears Matt has now hijacked my guestbook. It appears he has killed the admin so no edits can be done to the board. This exposes posters to anything anyone wants to say without protection. The guestbook will go down soon and will be replaced. Yet another expense caused by Matt's actions. I hope he can move on from this, we have a website to run and this is not helping.

silentlambs

Is this guy paranoid or is it just me?

edited to add:

For the record, I have absolutely NO access to this guestbook.

Edited by - RevMalk on 20 December 2002 17:56:40

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hawkaw said this:

of course what I found out from Mr. Greenburg was truly interesting.

So what did Rich Greenburg say??????

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Rev,

I might also add that I saw that posts WERE deleted from Bill's Guestbook earlier today. Your FIRST posting about what happened was deleted, so you re-posted it. THAT appearently is when Bill decides to dish-up more crap about you. The guy is just using "Theocratic Warfare" on you. Yup, Bill's still a "Watchtower Man" indeed.

Pay no heed, Rev, just let him have the last word. We ALL know who is telling lies here. (And it is not you, Rev)

NewLight2

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This is all so sad. I am not familiar with the inner workings of either of these organizations (Silent Lambs or Lambs Roar) so I cannot presume to sit in judgment on who is in the right. But this reminds me of the unfortunate clash with Ray Franz. Silents Lambs made an accusation against Ray, did not back it up and would not back down. When Ray's friends approached him, he issued what I thought to be an eloquent rebuttal. Silent Lambs gave an oblique and apparently sarcastic apology, but apprarently still believes the original accusation. And now this event seems to be unfolding in the exact same manner.

Once is a coincidence. Twice is a trend.

This trend is extremely unfortunate.

• Lin
    Lin

All I have to say is that all of this makes me sooo sad. All this focus on who did what to whom, who said what, who did what, taking the focus away from the reason behind the site(s) to begin with. Ugh......

• Valis
    Valis

Dearest Lin...take heart and try not to be too sad. Yes its hard to see those who you assumed were colleagues, if not friends, quarrell and cause a bifurcation of a common cause. That's OK though, as we have the freedom to go our separate ways and still do good. Are we not better by having even more websites and angles to attack the issue at hand? I would also suggest that working things out, even if it gets nasty is better than living in "pie in the sky" JWland anyday. Arguing on JWD is also probably the best damage control you could have or at least in the way that you could hide it from potential lambs to some entent...kind of like people who work together going to a slightly more private place to have it out, rather than air it all out in front of customers. I hope that isn't too bad of an analogy.. I kind of look at it this way...Bill is a public advocate and goes on TV, etc...however it is you and Jes and the silentlambs who are the "meet & greeters" as it were, a picture of the people who really end up dealing w/the WTBTS abused, not the Internet presence of Bill, not Rev, or t_h, or anyone else here for that matter. Those that deserve much credit and attention perhaps have been neglected, but not the cause, as I would remind you the problem existed long before silentlambs got involved. ..The front line people don't have to lose focus just because they have arguments and problems with people who organize things, they just have to say their peace and move on. I wish some of the silentlambs would have voiced their opinions on some of the things that occurred, but I have the feeling they were/are worried about offending or pissing Bill off, which is sad if true IMO. Some can't do that and some are even too chicken shit to come here and answer for thier own indiscretions.., but that's another matter entirely. Take care and do try and keep Jes from misbehaving... BTW, we need to all hook up for the holidays no?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey Valis didn't you say something about Ojeda's? What about some us getting together for lunch?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit