LambsRoar Reply to Mr. Bill Bowen - Slander &am...

by RevMalk 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I guess this house really was built out of straw.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Did anyone else read Lady Lee's thread about handling abuse issues, last night? It was awesome. I admit it really made me think. I'll find the thread and include it here.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42827&site=3

Edited by - mulan on 21 December 2002 17:47:45

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

hawkaw

I'm going to ask you real nicely here. Please stop running around saying I'm in 'financial ruins'. I did say during my time with SL I was having some money problems with my business, but I own 3 businesses, all of which are making money. I didn't mean to imply I was broke. I'm not a Rockefeller, but I'm doing just fine. My business is picking up fine now that I've been able to promise some of my time that I was unable to promise 2 weeks ago. I have a customer list a mile and a half long, there are no worries. I know you were just going by what I had said, but that was nowhere close to what I mean. I let it go, but I see it everywhere you've posted, and people are beginning to talk. It would be nice if we could clear this up. It would also be nice if you can clarify this anywhere you've posted it. People are beginning to say I can't handle LambsRoar, solely on the things you've stated, and that's just not the case. Not to mention LambsRoar is not and WILL not be a one man show, for numerous reasons. Thanks, I appreciate it.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Also, as for those that are wondering and asking and chatting about what my plans are for LambsRoar:

Well, that all depends on the Abuse Survivors. We are Abuse Survivors FOR Abuse Survivors, and everyone has a voice and an opinion. I've got plans in my head, but I'm waiting to hear from you. I've made several threads on the LRD board asking for your opinions, and you can post them there (which is ideal, so that we can all discuss them), or you can email me. Please specify if I can post the ideas or not. Kim Norris (Attorney) will have her own section this week, answering questions, posting pertinent legal info and such. Of course we know Kim is real busy, so to what extent she'll be able to be 'hands on' is yet to be seen. We're talking to some therapists that may be willing to come in for group and individual therapy sessions online and via the telephone, and also having their own question and answer sections. We're moving forward, but cautiously. Due to the events of this past week, we have been set behind a bit. Not only because of the time spent dealing with these matters, but due to the fact that we don't know as of yet if this is really what you want. I posted a thread at LRD on December 14th, 2002 asking YOU what you wanted, and where you wanted to go. Out of 175 members, we've received 11 votes. All in favor of keeping the forums, and some good ideas posted, but still not enough. We can't go putting a board of directors together, setting up therapy sessions and hiring therapists if you don't want this. It would be a huge waste of everyone's time and a huge waste of money. I had one therapist come in, take a look around, and she found this thread, and saw that only 6% even took the time to respond. Another counselor I talked to about this is uneasy due to this 'war' and said she'd have to give it time. Understandable. So I think we all need to move on. I've said it before, this has gotten us nowhere real fast. I can only do so much on my own, and with what I have to work with. We need a board of directors, we need ideas, we need your response. Make no mistake about it, this is not a one man show and never will be, it's not 'RevMalk's LambsRoar'. That is not the intentions, and my say will be no greater than yours. We've tried to keep everything to a popular vote, but it doesn't seem to be working. I will start working on a board of directors this week, but again, I need comments, suggestions, referrals, etc. I can't pick names out of a hat, and I won't choose anyone that doesn't show interest. If you care, and you see a future for LambsRoar, contact me, make the initiative. Again, LambsRoar is Abuse Survivors for Abuse Survivors, so we need to hear from you. Here's the thread I started over at LRD that anyone of interest should be responding to, immediately:

edited to add: Obviously some of this information is a bit outdated, such as 'Should silentlambs link to LambsRoar?'. That's definately not in the works, but please give us your other comments as well. You don't have to stick to these questions. As I've said, we're looking to you for your needs, we're trying our best to give you what YOU want.

Edited by - RevMalk on 23 December 2002 0:1:53

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Real nicely .. eh ...

Oh ... so it was me who has been coming up with an imaginary thought that you are in financial ruin eh ... and now if I get the post correct, it was only money problems you were having .... oh ....

Quite frankly it was YOU and not me who STATED he was in "financial ruin" ... "as many can attest too". Do you forget?

Well lets go back in time... On Dec 19, 2002 08:40, in this thread ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42651&site=3&page=4

.... You provided a post with the following statement:

.... I continue to host and maintain LambsRoar.com (and currently silentlambs.org), I continue to help Bill with silentlambs.org, until it's uploaded to his new server (still waiting for FTP information). I've put myself in financial ruins here over this, as many can attest to, but that's ok because somehow I'll get through it .....

So now you are telling me you are not in financial ruins over this today. You want to now be in financial ruin on the 19th and then suddenly not on the 22nd - great.

Okay.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 23 December 2002 11:4:44

• waiting
    waiting
    Did anyone else read Lady Lee's thread about handling abuse issues, last night? It was awesome. I admit it really made me think. I'll find the thread and include it here.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42827&site=3

Hey Mulan,

If it's the same thread as the one I posted to yesterday - yes, Lady Lee's thread is great, as usual.

It made me stop and think about who this whole argument/discussion boils down to.....the victims/survivors.

As to the term victims. Yeah, we WERE victims. We SURVIVED. But to a lot of us, including me, there are still areas prone to be still victims. I think the term victim/survivor is more politically correct. I don't think either victim or survivor is incorrect, however.

I think slamming and/or dismissing either victims and/or survivors sucks, however.

Merry Christmas y'all!

waiting

ps: There is documented historical evidence that on Christmas Day, German & Allied forces (in some individual areas) put forth a truce and played soccer. Then commenced attacking each other again on Dec. 26th.

Perhaps we could do the same? A day of peace?

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hawk,

There must be a course in law school titled, 'condescending and trite', from your response to Rev Malk, it is obvious you passed with flying colors.

Ever heard of the old expression 'one pay check away from the poor house'? Are you so far removed from money worries, that you can't fathom someone in the Rev's state of mind at the time he made the 'financial ruin' comment?

Instead of grinding the guys nose in it, maybe a little empathy is warranted. Imo the Rev has done and said far more to deserve this consideration, than any of the other protagonists involved.

Danny

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thank you for your input into the situation danny.

Take care danny.

hawk

• Simon
    Simon

I think it was fair and understandable that hawkaw came to the conclusion he did from what RevMalk posted. In fact, he was only repeating his (RevMalk's) own words so it is unfair to criticise IMHO

Hopefully this won't continue 'cause I think we probably all agree that it's taking energy that can be better spent elsewhere by all concerned.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Simon,

What you say may be true. It is the tone, the "real nicey, eh".........that could have and should have been left out.

Iam done with the whole affair.

Danny

Ps Much to the delight of everyone Iam sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit