LambsRoar Reply to Mr. Bill Bowen - Slander &am...

by RevMalk 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Rev:

First off I'm so confused by the letter it wasn't signed like all the others??? Was it from Bill and if it was HELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO does he know how to spell L-I-B-E-L gessh lousieI did write back and received no response this is why I'm wondering if someone is F******g with us all ya know

Do remember Bill is just getting a taste of the real world(no excuse I know) and arrogance and power are tools of one that has been an elder for awhile.

I am staying of Silent lambs until this is straight I wil write Bill and hope I get a friggin answer.

If not Rev stiff upper lip matey if B po's me a staunch supporter of him you have it made with everyone else LOL

I hate arguing and bickering I mean didn't we get enough abuse as DUB's? To Bill if you come here Shame on YOU for your comment and airing to all what you have no clue about.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

DannyBear:

From the moment he 'burned rubber' in the Kingdom Hall lot, there in Arkansas.....I knew where he was headed

FWIW, same thought occured to me at the time.

---Dan

• JT
    JT

DannyBear:

From the moment he 'burned rubber' in the Kingdom Hall lot, there in Arkansas.....I knew where he was headed

FWIW, same thought occured to me at the time.

---Dan

#############

I CONCURE --i said to myself not a smart move perhaps

• TR
    TR

Rev,

slander the name of Abuse Survivors he claims to protect and serve.

How was this done?

Man, this is confusing. Anxiously awaiting your response to Bill's letter about how you lied.

TR- Wondering if I should remove the SilentLambs graphics put on my vehicle.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Rev,
    slander the name of Abuse Survivors he claims to protect and serve.

How was this done?

TR,

This was done the THREE times this week he has slandered my name. I am an Abuse Survivor. I've decided that this is not helping the Abuse Survivors, nor their supporters one bit. LambsRoar.org will move on, and there's much to do in the near future, and this is only holding us back. It's holding silentlambs back as well, and hurting the very cause both Bill and I stand for. I am preparing an official statement in reply to those made by Mr. Bowen, and that will be posted sometime today. I'm in contact with my Attorney, I do not which to step out of line, so anything I say on this topic from here on out will be checked with him first. Simon, that's all I meant when I mentioned contacting him. I know this is the good old USA, but I would not sue Bill for what he's done, enough Abuse Survivors are paying a higher price than what I could receive in settlement. This is itself makes me ill. So, for that reason, I will try my best, as I have been for the better part of a week, to keep the peace with Mr. Bowen. I do feel it necessary to answer the allegations levied against me, just for a matter of public record, but other than that, I am at peace with Bill, and the silentlambs cause. If he wishes to continue launching attacks on the innocent, than that is a problem of his own. He can waste all the time he wishes in that effect, it is no business of mine. I would also like to make the following as a matter of public record:

Even though I have been slandered, Abused, lied to and used, I know how much the website created for silentlambs will HELP the lambs, and I don't wish for them to lose out on the valuable information contained within that creative. Many many hours, days and months went into that website, by me AND a few other volunteers. Including G.R.I.T.S., UNDF, Lolipop (from LRD), Dungbeetle, and a few others I can't mention, because I don't know their names (As they were working with GRITS), I wish to thank each end every one of them for their unselfish assistance in the website development. For all these reasons stated, but mostly for the Lambs, I am STILL not holding that work back from Bill, or silentlambs.org. He/They are more than free to come to me and receive the website that they abandoned, with no questions asked. If there is someone who would like to mediate that transfer, please contact either me or Bill, and negotiate that. I think it wise that Mr. Bowen and I not have too much contact with one another for the time being. I will offer Bill nothing else, but the files for the website. I will sign nothing, I will request nothing, and I will offer nothing else. Anyone who is capable of moving the site may wish to volunteer, or he may use his current webmaster, whatever, and however he chooses. That is my offer of peace, in spite of what has occurred over the past several days. And as I have stated publicly, silentlambs has a FULL Lifetime license to use any creative on that site by me or my company, and that includes coding, layout, graphics and design. That means for LIFE he may use that work royalty free. Whether or not he gives my company credit for that work is on his conscience, and that will be understood. I think this is more than fair considering what I have been through. Realize that this offer is on account of all Abuse Survivors worldwide, so that they may sooner find what they need to be at peace within themselves. This is not a 'favor' to Mr. Bowen, it has nothing to do with him, and everything to do with the Abuse Survivors.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Bill Bowen seems to be an admirer of General William Tecumseh Sherman who during the Civil War marched through the South burning and pillaging. Bill is a little hazy in remembering his history though because Sherman was trying to destroy the enemy not his own people!

I spent years in the Org. wondering why the Governing Body, who I thought loved God and in turn the publishers, continued to trample us so bad. Over and over through the years I accepted their bad treatment because I thought they were really trying to do what was right, because I thought they were trying to help us, because I thought they are the core of God's Org., I must stick with them! Like a child who suffers years of beatings from a father they love, I continued to believe the GB loved us. But then I realized that what the GB loved was the power and the game, not us.

I hope it's not the same with Bill Bowen. I hope this is not about power and the game of getting back at the Watchtower, I truly hope it is about those who have suffered abuse. But coming from my background I find it hard to ignore what I see and simply trust what I am told.

Before the march in September Bill Bowen treated the xJW community here like a wife who was loved by him (though she rarely received any loving words from him), shortly after the march he started acting like a husband who has found something unseemly in his wife and is seeking a divorce! The problem is the "wife" is still trying to figure out what went wrong!

Sadly, in all of this are the abuse victims. I hope their trust in Bill Bowen will be proven to have been wise and to their benefit. I truly do.

IW

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

IW What a wonderfully written post- I agree- I agree- I agree!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend- This 48 year old man is walking out the door to spend the weekend with his 78 year old mom- what can I say. Rev take care- and everyone else. We are free- we are free- let us not fall prey to those who would abuse our freedom. Have a drink, have a smoke- just have it your way!

LOL Kelsey- in a much better mood today!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good grief!

I have no personal knowledge about whether he has told anyone not to post here. But, I do know many of his friends, and they aren't posting anymore. I suspect they are not posting because they view this board as not friendly to Bill. I hope he wouldn't ask anyone to NOT post.

I used to be on his email list, but haven't gotten emails for about 3 months.

Mulan (who is trying to be neutral, but had to add the above)

Edited by - mulan on 20 December 2002 15:35:31

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oddly IW - you are right - it all did kinda start rolling just after the march. I don't know why either. I heard people like Hillary_Step coming out and saying how unprofessional it all was, yet my big time producer who I am working with up here was absolutely happier than anything with what transpired. And of course you got radio coverage all over New York City and national coverage on the WB network - hell I even saw the news clip here in Canada.

The problems seemed to spun out of the Pat Garza incident for sure - which the press didn't pick up. Who BTW I fully believe and support just like I support Vicki Boer et. al.. I think the negative reaction from a lot of people on this board to Pat's story disgusted a lot of other people (me too) and I think it set a lot of it off ...oh well ....

Then Franz's issue came out. Was Bill right or wrong wasn't the point in all. The problem was what did it get him to reach his goals - so far ... nowhere except for a few unique comments coming from all sides that I will treasure forever and of course what I found out from Mr. Greenburg was truly interesting.

And now for this mess - I must say this was a serious technical support issue that needed to be dealt with fast - it needed to be done - I was stunned to learn yesterday on this board that Rev was in serious financial shape. You can't have a webmaster who is in dire straights - no way. But the pot did boil over when I cam ein the office this morning and read the Email and now ... well .. he does have legal recourse if he wants to go there and so does Bill.

Your comment about the victims trust is interesting to me. Everybody seems to miss this though - its actually in the victims hands right now, Island Woman, not Bill's.

You see Bill did what he had to do. He has done it - gotten press and legal counsel interested. And he has now turned the "real big show" over to the victims and their lawyers. Its their turn now. So really the victim's real trust is in the lawyers and not Bill. Lawsuits and press bring about change.

Hey ... can anybody answer my webmaster question?

And Rev .... it's "apparent libel" not slander and I really want to see where it occurred cause I am having difficulty finding it.

hawk

• waiting
    waiting

I am neutral in this new, but not so different from the others, "Bill vs. somebody" thread.

I like Bill (but don't think it's mutual) - and I like all the other somebodies who've been involved. Good people - and so is what's being accomplished by many people off this board. I agree fully with Hawk - this has been an amazing year to work against the WTBTS, and an amazing year to be a victim, who speaks.

Hope it all gets settled, and that the growing number of sexual & physical abuse victims of the WTBTS have a forum to go & be able to chat without too much fear.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Bill - you decided to follow the 'advice' of someone that was totall misguided and started attacking Ray Franz and I think it has gone downhill from there. I believe you are correct that someone is working behind the scenes to undermine SL and also any other exJW group they can but it isn't the people you think it is. - Simon

Bill best be looking to his volunteers - advice can be greatly tainted by the advisor's personal agenda. Nations have been lost because of less.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit