If you could ask Geoffrey Jackson one question that he had to answer what would it be?

by jwleaks 75 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    What are you going to do to protect the victims of abuse, going forward, without lying or spinning the truth to 'worldly(tm)' people?
  • newsheep
    newsheep

They take great pride in telling people that the word trinity and christmas isn't in the bible, so why believe in it. Where is the word pioneer or seventy hours in it?

They are against education but in the bible there were a lot of educated people in the bible. Luke the physician would have needed a few years right off the bat to become what he was. We knew two girls in our congregation who were lectured, one for being a nurse and the other a school teacher. Both were still living at home so they would have been under their father's headship because it was his house. Yet, the coordinator took it upon himself to not to mind his own business and lecture them. Yet, there was an MS who was able to go for four years and become a millrite and was told by the same coordinator not to let anyone know he was getting an education or they would have to remove him. This kid was one of the accusers at my jc who lied and a month later was made an elder at the age of 26. This cult is a joke!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

How does this reconcile with the Faithful Slaves statement:

-- g70 4/22 p. 8 Changes That Disturb People

"Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement or even despair because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Colombia expressed the effect the changes have had on many."Tell me," he asked, "how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"

You've got to be kidding me...they had the gall to print that????????????

I would also ask him does he really think the holy spirit chose an egotistical, agressive and spiteful alcoholic in 1919, later to be the sole conduit of God's holy spirit. If religous dogma should never change, should JW's adhere to the following

If the organs [of your body] are diseased, heal them by correcting your diet. Avoid the use of aluminum cooking utensils and alum baking powders as they are injurious to your health, poisoning your blood stream... Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth’s magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.... Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food. [27]

But the dog-rabies-vaccine imposition is the latest.... Rabies! When it has been shown conclusively that there is no such thing as rabies![28]

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. [29]

It has never been proven that a single disease is due to germs. 30

Quite likely there is some connection between the violation of human blood [vaccines] and the spread of demonism.... [31]

Milk is the greatest curative food known. [32]

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Have Brother Jackson explain how "according to John's vision, resurrected annointed Christians participate in communicating vital truths to the remnant on Earth in these last days?" (Revelation-Gran Cimax book). How do this communication take place and how does it affect the WT child abuse investigation policy?
  • Ding
    Ding

Explain what "Theocratic War Strategy" is.

In view of theocratic war strategy being justified lying, why should the Commission believe anything you or any other Jehovah's Witness has told us?

• dozy
    dozy

On what basis are paedophiles judged to be "repentant" and thereby reproved ( or reinstated if earlier DFd )? What actions would he be required to do in order to prove his repentance? In the case referred to earlier in the commission , the guilty man wasn't even required to apologise to his victim in order to be reinstated. Is that normal practice?

One suggestion is that women should have more authority in the process , perhaps by being present when a victim is being interviewed. Would that be acceptable to you? Would you roll that out on a worldwide basis? What would be your "red lines"? Why can women not even be used for menial congregation duties ( such as carrying of microphones )?

• jw07
    jw07

Does the need for 'New Light' come about as a result of you misunderstanding "communication from Jehovah" and adjusting, or is it a result of Jehovah not communicating clearly enough?

Do you think he should switch to Verizon?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"If the organisation is NOT a high control, cult-like group, then why is free speech and the ability to question things not permitted?"

"do you alone possess the right to determine ABSOLUTE truth?"

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Really enjoyed and agree with other poster's questions and comments. I think the RC members are pretty savvy and are likely to try ensure that when it is all over they nail down the question as to "who is ultimately responsible for past and future policies?". The JW elders/representatives have been trying to dodge that by obfuscation, pleading ignorance, and even lying ("Theocratic Warfare").

Every JW and Ex-JW knows that no one in the Organization does anything without direction from the GB. Getting G. Jackson on the record to state this truth clearly and on the record is essential because it tee's up who will ultimately be responsible for following (or not following) the RC recommendations. I can imagine G. Jackson trying to wriggle out of that by saying he is "part of the GB" but not the "GB" (like they are some sort of "Voltron" or something) or throw Jehovah under the bus ("Hey, we are just following his direction..."). But I would imagine that the RC has already thought this through and is prepared.

The one good thing is that their policies are indefensible so G. Jackson will fare no better at defending them that anyone else who has come along.

Oh, and if there was time, I would like to have them ask "What's the deal with those pinky rings? I mean, really..."

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement
    Is there any way for a person to leave the faith without having to lose his family and friends?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit