What if the U.N doesn't find anything in Iraq?

by kril 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

Lets look at how the Arabs in Palestine viewed themsleves.

Prior to partition, Palestinian Arabs did not view themselves as having a separate identity. When the First Congress of Muslim-Christian Associations met in Jerusalem in February 1919 to choose Palestinian representatives for the Paris Peace Conference, the following resolution was adopted:

We consider Palestine as part of Arab Syria, as it has never been separated from it at any time. We are connected with it by national, religious, linguistic, natural, economic and geographical bonds. 6

In 1937, a local Arab leader, Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, told the Peel Commission, which ultimately suggested the partition of Palestine: "There is no such country [as Palestine]! 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria." 7

The representative of the Arab Higher Committee to the United Nations submitted a statement to the General Assembly in May 1947 that said "Palestine was part of the Province of Syria" and that, "politically, the Arabs of Palestine were not independent in the sense of forming a separate political entity." A few years later, Ahmed Shuqeiri, later the chairman of the PLO, told the Security Council: "It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria." 8

Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.

Apparently the Arabs in the Holy Land didn't consider themselves a unique people until AFTER Israel became a nation. It's also quite obvious that the "Palestinians" had a chance at a homeland and rejected it completely.

Edited by - Yerusalyim on 13 December 2002 14:6:34

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

jeopardy bonus question ! For the game, who said:

you can't just seize foreign territories without paying reparations to the original inhabitants....

?????? JEOPARDY MUSIC ????????

WHO IS CRAZY HORSE ? ? ? ? ?

(sorry guys, I couldn't resist)

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Who is Realist.

Take them all over. I tell you what. I like alot of you so when I take over the world, I'll apoint you to some cush jobs....

• Realist
    Realist

Yeru,

what is the point you are making with the citation? it doesn't matter what they thought or think they are...the point is that the land was taken from them...no matter if it was palestine, syria, egypt or the whatever.

PEACE TO THE WOLRD!!!

HO HO HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

Most of the land was bought from them. BEFORE 1948. In fact, there was a fifty year moritorium put on the sell of disputed lands. If an Arab could prove ownership, the land was given back. Those Arabs that stayed put were given Israeli citizenship and there are Arab Israelis currently serving in the Knesset.

Secondly, part of the point was that this half million figure quoted is not only for what is now Israel, but also for Jordan, Lebenon, and parts of Syria. Many of those displaced during the Arab Israeli war were those that immigrated in from other parts of the LARGER Palestine. Why should they have any more claim to that land than do the Jewish settlers.

Finally, where were all the cries for the West Bank and Gaza to be made into a Palestinian Homeland before these terretories were taken in a defensive war by Israel in 1967? The Arab War of aggression against Israel had two roots, ANTISEMITISM and a big LAND GRAB!

• Realist
    Realist

hello Yeru,

i believe the number 500.000 referes only to the land that is now israel .

originally the jews bought land from arabs...but the problem came with the jewish fighters that drove the arabs out of the country...especially the massacre in 1948.

>>Finally, where were all the cries for the West Bank and Gaza to be made into a Palestinian Homeland before these terretories were taken in a defensive war by Israel in 1967? The Arab War of aggression against Israel had two roots, ANTISEMITISM and a big LAND GRAB!<<

again i think this is of no relevance since the arabs don't care to what state they belong as long as its an arab state where they have equal rights.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

No, the 500,000 figure given for 1900 refers to all of Palestine, which included Jordan, Lebenon, and parts of Syria, as well as what is now Israel.

You keep bringing up supposed massacres of Arabs by the Jews, yet not one mention is made of the relentless Murder of Jews by Arabs. You fail to talk about the constant attack on buses that would try to travel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and back in which the men, women, and children were slaughtered. You fail to talk about the attack on isolated kibutz' in which all the Jewish inhabitants were murdered by the Arabs. You have taken a quite one sided approach.

You said.

again i think this is of no relevance since the arabs don't care to what state they belong as long as its an arab state where they have equal rights.

What is clear is that they want an ARAB STATE and OPPOSE a JEWISH STATE. And in this we find the crux of the problem, The So Called Palestinians have been treated better in Israel than they have by their Arab "brothers" The condition of the refugee camps outside Israeli control are HORRIFIC. The Palestinians in Lebenon are kept is squalid conditions not allowed to work or live outside the camps.

Equal rights? Hmmm, lets see, which is the only democracy in the middle east? Oh, that's right, it's ISRAEL. Hmmm, I wonder if Arab Israelis have equal rights? Ummmm, YEP! The So called Palestinians are treated far better in what they call the occupied territories than they are any where else in the middle east. Further, they would be well on the road to their own "homeland" had it not been for their failed "intifada"

The plain simple truth is the Palestinian Leaders find completely unacceptable the existence of a Jewish State, most Arab leaders share this view. Once THAT attitude is changed, and terror is denounced as a weapon of diplomacy and Israel can feel secure within it's own borders, THEN a Palestinian state will be possible. The Israelis have no reason to believe that if they give in to Palestinian demands that the Palestinians won't launch further attacks into Israel, and allow their territory to be used to launch a new war against Israel.

Edited by - Yerusalyim on 17 December 2002 9:10:21

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

There's no shortage of Arab states in the area. Why do they want that one tiny patch of desert?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Funky,

Simply because it's occupied by Jews, this is thier one and only problem with Israel, it's Jewish.

• Realist
    Realist

hmmm because of absence of proveable respectively accepted facts it seems this discussion gets pointless. if you have a more neutral source than the BBC where i can read a confirmation of your point of view please let me know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit