What if the U.N doesn't find anything in Iraq?

by kril 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Wow!

My grammer and spelling is impecable!

• Farkel
    Farkel

kril,

What would the Queen be called if she had balls?

Farkel

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

the 50 year thing was just an illustration of how the arabs in this area feel.

true the question is of how far you want to go back...but remember this is only 50 years ago...if this was ok then you would have to agree wiht any current occupation (including kuwait by the iraqies, poland by the germans etc.)

why do you think these nutcases blow themselfs up? its because they are desperate and have nthing to loose....like the kamikaze in WWII...as long as you have diplomatic options or military options or economical options you don't go as a suicide bomber. these guys simply don't see any other possibility to resist the occupation. also...a) they are uneducated, b) they are poor, c) they are taught by fanatic islamists, d) they have no economy.....what kind of choices do you think they have?

have a good night! (1:30 am here already! )

Realist

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

As the article mentions supposed massacres by the Jews against Arabs, they fail to mention the Arab massacres of Jews. The violence went both ways. The biggest difference being, that when Israel became a nation, it dismantled all Jewish Terrorist groups. Once of the first acts of the Israeli Army was to hunt down and destroy the Jewish Terrorist group called the Irgun.

The article you linked tells how many Jews immigrated, but not how many were already there. It makes absolutely NO MENTION of Arab immigration. In 1900 there were only around some 100,000 Arabs in the Holy Land and about 10,000 or 15,000 Jews. When the Zionists showed up and started turning the desert in to usable farm land and building settlements, the Arabs got pissed at their success.

The Article you linked also shows a horrible bias against the Jewish cause. It mentions a supposed massacre in a village as the cause for the Arabs leaving their villages, in fact, it was the 5 invading Arab Armies in 1948 that urged and forced Arabs from their home so they wouldn't have to deal with them as they fought the Jews. It was their Brother Arabs that threw them out. In 1948 some 100,000 Arabs stayed put, and many became Israeli citizens.

The article also fails to mention that no less than 600,000 Jews in the middle east were forced from their homes too. Many from Jordan, Iraq, and Egypt. Were it not for the nonsensical violence begat by terrorists like Hamas and Islamic Jihad, and allowed and encouraged (and started at the behest of) the Palestinian Authority there would be peace in Israel and Palestine would be FAR closer to a homeland.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

i am sorry but i can't think of a more neutral and objective source than the BBC. it is neither a fanatic israeli nor a fanatic arab site. can you cite your info? i bet its from an israeli source.

• YERU2
    YERU2

What makes the BBC so neutral. That's like saying the American press is nuetral, we both know that isn't the case. An undercurrent of Antisemitism has run through the British government since just after the Balfour agreement. The British Mandate Authority in Palestine restricted Jewish immigration, forcing many Jews to return to Europe after the second world world, while doing absolutely NOTHING to stem the flow of Arab immigrants. The British government stood squarely in the road of the establishment of a Jewish State, which is why the "Two State" solution was offered by the United Nations.

Again, your BBC report gives absolutely NO figures for what the Arab population of Palestine was in 1900, it only says that in 1922 the entire population of the area was about 3/4 of a million, and that about 500,000 of those were Arab.

Arafat isn't even "palestinian" he was born in Egypt. Like many other Arabs he immigrated into the area. Some before the 1948 Arab Israeli war, some after. When the Arab nations that dispossessed the 600,000 jews in Arab nations during 1948 reimburse the Jews for their lost property, maybe we can start talking.

The British government, though, was anything but "neutral".

• Realist
    Realist

ok here is the text again...

First Zionist Congress

The First Zionist Congress met in Basle, Switzerland, to discuss the ideas set out in Theodor Herzl's 1896 book Der Judenstaat (The Jewish State). Herzl, a Jewish journalist and writer living in Vienna, wanted Jews to have their own state - primarily as a response to European anti-Semitism.

The Congress issued the Basle Programme to establish a "home for the Jewish people in Palestine secured by public law" and set up the World Zionist Organisation to work for that end.

A few Zionist immigrants had already started arriving in the area before 1897. By 1903 there were some 25,000 of them, mostly from Eastern Europe. They lived alongside about half a million Arab residents in what was then part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire. A second wave of about 40,000 immigrants arrived in the region between 1904 and 1914.

BY 1903 THERE WERE SOME 25.000 OF THEM,...,ALONGSIDE HALF A MILLION ARAB RESIDENTS

maybe i misunderstand that text?

About the immigration....do you really think a million arabs decided to move into the most miserable area there is? the gaza strip and west bank? why in the world would they have done that?

http://www.palestineremembered.com/Acre/Maps/Story574.html

this link has the percentage of arabs/jews in the districts of israel in 1946.

• YERU2
    YERU2

About the immigration....do you really think a million arabs decided to move into the most miserable area there is? the gaza strip and west bank? why in the world would they have done that?

To defend "the third holiest site in Islam" The same reason why Muslim terrorists fly into buildings. The Mufti, as early as the 1920's was encouraging Arabs to move into the area to defend Al Quds (Jerusalem). The Al Aqsa Mosque, up until this time, was almost completely abandoned. The myth of Jerusalem and Al Aqsa being the third holiest site in Islam was invented by Arafats great uncle, who was the Egyptian born and appointed Mufti of Jerusalem.

I will concede, however, that I missed the bit in the article about the half million arabs there in 1900. I still question the figure, but it was in the article.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

It should also be noted that in 1900, the area called "Palestine" included what is Today Jordan, Israel, the West Bank, Gaza, Lebenon and parts of Syria. Given this it is indeed likely that the number is 500,000. However, in what is the land contended for today there was nowhere near 500,000.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Maybe Isreal should just get it over with and blast them all.

If you look at the situation, nations such as Egypt even Jordan have cooled their heels. The govts know that attacking Isreal is a losing situation. Peace and Trade is much more profitable. Besides, if all esle fails and Isreal was about to lose everything, Im sure they wouldnt hesitate to drop a couple nukes on Syria, Lebbanon, Jordon, Iraq...etc...etc.....

On a side note, did anyone see that tech article on the new ground based anti-missle system? Its designed for small, low altitude missles and rockets (not ICBMs). Its pretty sweet. Its still in testing with the Isrealies and the U.S. army, but it has already shot down missles, rockets, and even artillery shells! Pretty amazing stuff. I think it uses a some sort of laser or something. I dont remember. I'll try to find it later........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit