Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Anyway I am sure we have many more examples of primary's schools that think this debate is relevant for children aged 10, and not a stupid debate.

It's not a debate. For it to be a debate, there would have to be valid evidence on both sides.

Besides, one school doing something has nothing to do with another school doing it. It's an uninformed false equivalency.

The shape of the universe is something mathematicians, scientists, philosophers ,and curious people have wondered, and still wonder. Is it flat like a sphere?or negatively curved like a saddle ?or flat like a piece of paper.? shall we ask the children of kenninghall primary school? Why not?

First, every single bit of evidence points towards a flat universe. Second, from your "examples" of the shape of the universe, it's clear you don't grasp what flat, closed or open means in the context of the shape of the universe. Third, the students at kenninghall have no concept of physics or math involved. Why should you ask them? Their opinion would be uninformed and pointless.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Viviane: It's not a debate. For it to be a debate, there would have to be valid evidence on both sides.

Thank you!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

A good point Viv and Oubliette, but as you can see from the link, it was not myself, but this privaliged school that referred to the topic " Did man land on the moon?" As a debate.

Maybe rather than shoot the messenger, you should take it up with the school governors? They are the ones holding the head teachers to account for the educational performance of the pupils, and the performance management of the staff. And maybe they would welcome your comments.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Lisa Rose, ...Puff, Pugh so I may have raised a topic for a serious thread!

" What was my question" ?

Oh yes " Do you think the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagassaki was a war crime or an act of war?

I think this would make a great thread, but please start it on my behalf, as I think I have started my last thread.

The Rebel

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TR: A good point Viv and Oubliette, but as you can see from the link, it was not myself, but this privaliged school that referred to the topic " Did man land on the moon?" As a debate.

I went to the school link you provided and saw nothing that mentioned any debate on the question you posted.

I did a keyword search from the school's homepage and got this result:

Search Results for "moon land"

Nothing Found

Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.

That being said, the Kenninghall Primary School (KPS) does have a cute little page titled "Our Friends on the Moon" showing a classroom full of fresh-faced, little darlings with cute handmade drawings of aliens!!!

WTF?!? Clearly, conveying accurate scientific facts, knowledge or thinking is not high on the agenda of the teacher in this particular classroom.

To the contrary, this is obviously a class where science-fiction and fantasy are taught, not critical thinking and evidence-based argumentation.

-

On the other hand, in a different class at KPS, one teacher had their students build Moon Buggies, which would tend to disconfirm your thesis in the OP:

Interestingly, many of this English made "moon buggies" were sporting American flags. Thanks, mates!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Oubliette, please see my second Link...ONE post forward.

The Rebel

• Viviane
    Viviane
    A good point Viv and Oubliette, but as you can see from the link, it was not myself, but this privaliged school that referred to the topic " Did man land on the moon?" As a debate.

So? Schools teach things incorrectly and wrong things all the time.

Maybe rather than shoot the messenger, you should take it up with the school governors?

Well, no. That would be ridiculous. Think about this. You started this thread, brought up the moon landing, suggested to truthers had valid arguments, demanded evidence from others instead of doing the work yourself, have mischaracterized the issue as a debate, claimed your child's school is now taking up the cause and are now looking for anything to back you up and now you're attempting to shift who we should take it up with.

Nope. It's you. You've put yourself in this position.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    PUT THE KEYBOARD DOWN.........AND STEP AWAY FROM THE MONITOR...........REBEL N VIVIANE.....CMON......YOU CAN DO IT☺
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Oubliette, I wish you wouldn't belittle my point with a picture, the school is an exceptional school that archives much higher than average national results. Anybody who doubts that should read the first link I provided. By the way your belittling photo of children with the moon shuttle they made was probably done in art class, and I think very impressive.

And as I said for the debate on the moon link, please look at my second link, ONE post further down from my first link.

The Rebel.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Im neutral n stuff.....see ☺

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit