Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane

Rebel, you're intellectually lazy, willfully ignorant and have zero critical thinking skills.

RunForever, you're exactly the same same, just more overtly ignorant and uninformed with a side of pride in your ignorance. Rebel relishes his ignorance, but doesn't boast of it.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Why are you still feeding this attention seeking troll?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thank you for your opinion Viv.

Witness my fury :- you called me an attention seeking troll on a much earlier post. I believe this was because you found the subject stupid, and you got emotional and upset as you thought I believed in God. Difference of opinions do not make trolls.

Personally myself and I hope others have learnt a lot from this thread .I am disappointed my previous post, is on another page, as the subject matter is pertinent to the above comments so I have resubmitted that post in a shortened version .

In 2004 former president Bush said " our goal is to return to the moon by 2020"

Why did not Bush mention why it would take fifteen years to do with twenty-first century technology what took only eight years to accomplish with 1960s technology?

Lisa Rose ;- "people will believe what they want to believe"well maybe but,Lisa Rose at this point it would be remiss of me not to thank you for your earlier post in which you constructively pointed out where you thought my O.P and thinking were wrong on this thread.

Personally I think it irrational that worldwide the majority of people believe in a spirit in the sky, and over 50% believe in Ghosts. To me this suggests a large segment of our society is prone to irrational thinking. But I think without " conclusive proof" there is no spirit in the sky, no ghosts these opinions should be respected.

in an earlier post I presented a survey on behalf of E& T technology, that found 1 in 4 don't believe the moon landing happened. I believe the M.D of E&T described the moon landing as one of man kinds greatest technological achievements and therefore alarming 1 in 4 doubted it happened.

EVERY THING SHOULD DEPEND ON FACT, are facts the real problem? Is it not possible to present conclusive proof there is a spirit in the sky?

So people will (can) believe what they want to " surely this is better than loathing there guts, and saying f--k other people's opinion? So instead of loathing people's guts, why not respectfully try to transform a persons understanding. What the hell if I am ignorant on this matter becoming educated is the best part of the experience. Brilliant in fact, to discover my ideas were superfluous and I was ignorant.

The Rebel.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm an atheist you tool.

Viviane put it succinctly above:

Rebel, you're intellectually lazy, willfully ignorant and have zero critical thinking skills.

You are here to jerk off rather than learn anything.

If you honestly cant come up with the glaringly obvious reason why they might need 15 years to go to the moon when Bush said that then you are likely beyond your abilities in even trying to "discuss" this very subject. I'm not spoon feeding you the answer either, because you clearly dont deserve any help at all on this.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Free discussion, is a privalige, it's a shame it comes with " name calling". But it's worth the price in my opinion.

But that wasn't my question Witness my fury. My question was in 2004 when President Bush made his speech " our goal is to return to the moon by "2020" did he not explain why it would take 15years with 21st century tecnology when it took only 8 years to accomplish with 1960s tecnology?

If I was a journalist at that speech it would have been my first question.And I believe an answer that at the time the public would have found informative. Anyway i think we all agree man won't return to the moon before " 2020".

The Rebel

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Calling me a believer was a huge insult yes, one for have not apologised for.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Witness my fury, I apologise for calling you a believer. I am pleased on the subject of God we can agree.

sometimes i I have found continuing this debate quite fearful. To be afraid is to be at someone's mercy. That's why I stayed a witness to long. When I confronted the elders, and my congregation I found I had nothing left to fear. I now have my idea of truth about this world.

Anyway what I do believe is " insult" is the privalige of the powerful. It starts with school teachers and continues with bosses of companies we may work for.We find it in cults when we don't agree. I have found all those I am " underneath" tend to be the ones that insult.Maybe my mind should be on girls, beer and football like the correct citizens most Englishmen are.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Anyway QUESTIONS can get lost in the shuffle of a thread,but I hope these two question can be answered respectfully and with out name calling.

Bush " Our goal is to return to the moon in " 2020" :- ) my two questions are then:-

A) So WHY did Bush NOT explain WHY it would take 15 years with 21st tecnology to return to the moon, when it only took 8 years to accomplish this achievement with 1960s tecnology?

B) Why to my knowledge was this question not raised by journalists at the press conference?

A respectful answer would be appreciated, as I have now researched this question and found no sattisfactory answer.

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Why are you still feeding this attention seeking troll?

I ran out of books to read when I'm pooping, this fills the time.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Hi viv!

tmi btw smh lol

wtf?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit