God has never failed me ...

by CoolBreeze 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JT
    JT
    Thanks JT. I know some mystics that can touch the face of god without any sacraments(drugs), and I'm getting to the point where I can too. I think it took the the fungus from the lowly ergot root to open my third eye, and peyote to open it further. Either that or all those wonderful psychadelics have done permanent brain damage and I'm delusional. In either case I'm content with my spiritual beliefs.

you are alright in my book

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze
    you are alright in my book

As long as that book ain't the Bible or the Koran I'm good

Anton

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Coolbreeze, you believe in God but not the bible?

And here is one FACT. I cant get over all these posts of people complaining that God hasnt done ANYTHING FOR THEM.......Well......Your alive aint you? Or would you rather be dead? I say Give the one supreme God Yaweh glory for everything including the good and bad. Didnt you know that trials and tribulations work patience?

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Yes Sangdigger, I believe in god. I do not believe much that is in the bible. I belive the bible is nothing more than a book cobbled together in the 4th century out of existing documents which were edited to reflect the expansionist doctrines of Rome. It is my opinion that the bible is a political document created to further the intrests of the Roman Empire under tha auspices of the Holy Roman Empire. From what I have studied it has become evident to me that that the central figure of the new testament is a compilation of sevral mystical figures of the preceding three centuries. These figures included, but were not limited to; Jeshua de Pantera and Apollonius of Tyenna both of whom have many of the same atributes as the Christ myth. The Hebrew testament is basicaly a retelling and reappropriation of the ancient Sumarian tales of Gilgamesh which predate Genesis by many centuries. As far as I'm concerned, the bible is a document which includes some historial facts deeply shrouded in mythology. It's primary purpose was to enslave the ignorant superstitius pesants of europe by holding their eternal existence hostage to the rules compiled by the (Holy)Roman Empire.

I hope that answers your questions.

Anton

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

God doesn't fix the computers to put bread on the table...I do. He doesn't rub my wife's back when it hurts her...I do. He doesn't make dinner, vaccum, comfort me when I'm depressed or bring me a beer when I'm so stressed I can't stand......someone else does.

You could call me apatheistic---I don't care whether there's a God or not, and if there is.....eh? *shrugs shoulders*

BTW, Anton, that was a great explanation.....reason cuts like a knife.

ash

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Thanks ashi. It still amazes me that I used to be a believer in biblical innerancy. It has taken me years of research and serious self examination to reach the conclusions I have. I freely admit that they could be just as flawed as anyone elses opinions on this matter. I have tried to explain how I feel about what I believe, not try to convince anyone that my views are correct view of reality. Everyone has to discover their spiritual path on their own.

You are right, god will not put bread on your table, wash your dishes, vaccum your floor, or rub your wife's tired back. But, if doing these things bring you pleasure and a sense of accomplishment then you are fulfilling your spiritual destiny. In my opinion spirituality is not about believing in the supernatural, but finding contentment in what what others may find mundain. As far as I'm concerned those who love others, and seek to live in harmony with the universe by doing the things that they feel need to be done without causing harm to others are the truly spiritual and godly people.

Anton

Edited by - coolbreeze on 9 December 2002 23:27:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit