God has never failed me ...

by CoolBreeze 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Just wanted to share this personal thought.

God has never failed me, but every religion has.

God has always been eternal. He has never changed. The only thing that has changed is man's definition of God which seems to change as man looks for new and better ways to control other men.

Anton

• Brummie
    Brummie

Cool thought

brummie

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

God has never failed me either...

You go Cool !

Edited by - notperfectyet on 7 December 2002 1:30:1

• onacruse
    onacruse

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect."
    Thomas Hobbes

• FrankyFourVests
    FrankyFourVests

If anything good happens in your life it's God.

If anything bad happens in your life it's the Devil.

With odds like these how can God do anything but not fail you. Umm. Wow. Go god!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I'm sorry but God has failed me at every turn. I'm doing much better without a god.

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

If something good happens to me it is because I have chosen the path of harmony. If something bad happens to me it's because I have chosen the path of chaos.

Harmony = God

Chaos = Devil

Those are my definitions and my opinions only.

Anton

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

So does that mean if a 5 years child has brain cancer s/he has chosen the path of chaos?

• COMF
    COMF
    If something bad happens to me it's because I have chosen the path of chaos.

I see. It was my grandfather's choice to get cancer. That makes sense. Yeah.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

God has the kind of gig and PR boys that any Fortune 500 Company today would DREAM of possessing. Nothing is EVER his fault.

Don't you love it when religious people praise God or claim that He has never failed them?

Anything good happens = God

Anything bad happens = human imperfection or Devil

Whether they realize it or not, that kind of blanket statement demonstrates an arrogance and self-importance unparalleled. I suppose God has not failed you, but for the innocent child who was guilty of no crime who was raped or murdered while crying out for help.. I guess God FAILED to act on their behalf huh? So you are more important than millions of others who have suffered needlessly, because God has chosen not to fail you, but in turn fails miserably for countless other people.

My my, for an invisible being who no one can prove exists who has an instruction manual written (no matter what religion, be it Christianity or Islam etc) thousands of years ago for people to follow that is incohesive, confusing, and reeks of stories found only in fairy tales (no miracles since then conveniently).. I sure guess God has done everything right for you and his "chosen people"

Give me a break.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. Facts are much more productive.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 7 December 2002 15:3:0

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 7 December 2002 15:4:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit