LOL Double Edge

Thanks for your encouragement.

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 7 December 2002 16:38:36

• COMF
    COMF

Sure, Robyn.

CoolBreeze has a simplistic black-and-white explanation for bad occurrences, which brings him comfort. He admits it's just his opinion, but he has thrown it out onto this forum table for discussion. So, a few of us accepted the offer and proceeded to demonstrate areas where the reasoning doesn't hold up.

You then stated that "many on this thread" were not understanding what CB was saying. I took this to include me, since I'm one of those in the thread who have spoken against his concept. You then went off on a tangent about death... a subject which, to my knowledge, has only been mentioned vaguely in passing by Reborn's use of the word "murder" while describing a hypothetical bad scenario. We're all talking about pain, suffering and loss.

We're not attributing it to God, either, as you appear to think, to judge by phrases such as, "Stop blaming God for death." We're saying that such things occur randomly and to pretty much everyone. CoolBreeze's opinion is that if something bad happens to you, it happens because you chose "the path of chaos" which he equates with Satan. We're saying that's a crock.

My question, "Who's pretending?" Why, it means the same thing it did when you asked it, hon.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

CoolBreeze,

something good happens to me it is because I have chosen the path of harmony. If something bad happens to me it's because I have chosen the path of chaos.

Harmony = God

Chaos = Devil

It's the drugs, man, nothing but the drugs.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Comf,

Thanks for your clarification. Yes, I guess what I said sounded like a hissy fit. I am on limited time with my computer and have to get things said as quickly as I can. I wish that I was the only computer hog in this family. Alas, I am not.

As far as bad things happening, I do agree with Cool Breeze a little. Some of our choices do lead to misery and sickness. And that could be referred to loosely as choosing the path of chaos.

I do feel though, that many of us try to put God into a little box. We have these far fetched notions of what s/he is or isn't and then get bitter when s/he does not behave the way we say to or supply our needs that we could provide ourselves.

One of the pet peeves that I have is Christians who think that God directs their every step and carries them through life. They have to do nothing except rely on God to take care of it. Where's the maturity in that? I loved taking care of my son, but I sure looked forward to when he was walking on his own and was potty trained. To depend on God to take care of everything and to clean up our messes is not maturity. But then blaming God for everything isn't maturity either.

This is a deep mud puddle discussion...Ah, well, I tried.....

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 7 December 2002 16:58:13

• COMF
    COMF

Robyn: good points... different discussion. Or maybe this one has now become that discussion. Either way works for me. And I think the most relevant truism about God is, "God helps those who help themselves."

Can't stay... band practice calls. Will look in later. Lova ya.

Fred

• seven006
    seven006

Coolbreeze,

Depending on where and when you were born on this earth it is directly influenced by who you consider the god is that has never failed you. From the list below that only shows a small portion of the more popular gods that have been worshipped by people on this planet, can you pick out the one who has not failed you. When you are done with that can you pick out the false ones who people simply made up in their minds to worship and wrote stories about in holy books that influenced their particular culture, lives, political affiliations, and that of the majority of their ancestors and descendants.

Since I was born in America I think I might know which one you are talking about but if I was born in a small provence of China or next to a stream off the Amazon River I would probably have no idea who that might be. Please help me out here so I can see if he has not failed me either. Personally I'm hoping it is either Nut, Hod, or Yum.

Ah Puch, Allah, Amaterasu, An, Anat, Anshar, Anu, Aphrodite, Apollo, Apsu, Ares, Artemis, Asclepius, Athena, Athirat, Athtart, Atlas, Baal, Bacchus, Balder, Bast, Brahma, Brigit, Buddah, Ceres, Ceridwen, Cernunnos, Chac, Damkina (Dumkina), Demeter, Diana, Dionysus, Ea, El, Enki, Enlil, Epona, Ereskigal, Forset, Freya, Freyr, Frigg, Ganesha, Garuda, Gauri, Geb, Hades, Hanuman, Helios, Heng-o (Chang-o), Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hesta, Hod, Hoderi, Hoori, Hotei, Hestia, Huitzilopochtli, Inanna, Inti, Ishtar, Isis, Ixtab, Izanaki, zanami, Jehovah, Jesus, Juno, Jupiter, Kagutsuchi, Kartikeya, Ki, Kingu, Kinich, Ahau, Kishar, Krishna, Kukulcan, Lakshmi, Liza, Loki, Lugh, Marduk, Mars, Medb, Mercury, Minerva, Morrigan, Mot, Mummu, Nammu, Nanna, (Norse) Nanse, Nephthys, Neptune, Nergal, Ninazu, Ninhurzag, Nintu, Ninurta, Njord, Nut, Odin, Ohkuninushi, Ohyamatsumi, Osiris, Ostara, Parvati, Poseidon, Quetzalcoatl, Rama, Ra, Re, Sarasvati, Shiva, Seshat, Seti (Set), Shamash, Shapsu, Shiva, Shu, Sin, Surya, Susanoh, Tawaret, Tefnut, Tezcatlipoca, Thor, Tiamat, Tlaloc, Tonatiuh, Toyo-Uke-Bime, Tyr, Utu, Uzume, Venus, Vesta, Vishnu, Vulcan, Xipe, Xochiquetzal, Yam, Yarikh, Yum, Kimil, Zeus.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by - seven006 on 7 December 2002 18:22:9

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Ew... Dave, you had to mention Set. Set is evil, just plain evil... *blows raspberries*

• seven006
    seven006

One quick question. The printing press was invented in Europe. The first thing printed on it in mass quantities was the bible. If it had been the Koran or the Upanishads do you think we all might be talking about Allah or Krishna here?

It's just a thought.

Dave

He how has the biggest gun wins.

Moe,

Set is not evil. He loves everyone. He just kills people if they do not believe in him. It's his job, he's a god.

Dave

• rem
    rem

Donkey,

I should have been more explicit... my bad. The Green Fairy has never let me down. Everyone knows the Orange Fairy doesn't exist! Duh.

rem

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

My god doesn't have a name. My god doesn't have a gender. My god is not the God of the Bible, nor the Koran, ... etc. My god is not the god of religion. My god does not control my destiny. My god is the sum of all that is good in the universe. All that is in harmony is god. One of the few "formal" belief systems that has some valid truth for me id that of the Dineh (Navajo) who's goal in life os not to dominate nature, but to live in harmony with it. Chidren born with horrible diseases is not the fault of god or the devil, but the fault of damaged genetics, or contaminated enviroment. God does not interfere in the lives of man despite what all the books of religious myth tell us. God in my opinion is more like a force than an entity. All the miracles that I have heard of and the few I have actualy seen, were not the deliberate act of a supernatural being. It is my opinion that the mind of humans is capable of acting as a conduit for the power that is god which is then directed to create "Miracles". I believe this is the same power that has been attributed to telekenesis.

Ok, this is where everyone gets to start calling me a kook or loony, but I think that George Lucas may have had something similar in mind when he created the concept of "The Force" for the Star Wars movies.

Anton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit