God has never failed me ...

by CoolBreeze 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rem
    rem

Fairies have never failed me.

rem

• COMF
    COMF
    I don't see the point in whining about it when there is no escaping from it.

I don't see the point in pretending it's something other than what it is.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I don't see the point in pretending it's something other than what it is.

Who's pretending? If I am then you are also. You have no better information than I do regarding what will happen after death. But to fear and loathe death to the extent that it prevents you from enjoying your life is to be a slave to your fears. The term "You" is used in a general sense....

Robyn

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Hi Rob! Glad you're up and feeling spunky!

Everything you said makes sense, however like Reborn said, it does seem rather arrogant for some to claim divine intervention in their lives as though they were more special than others who apparently didn't receive it. Much has been said over the years explaining why God chooses to help this person or that person, however when one looks at the randomness of life and the fact that "time and unforseen occurence" do indeed befall us all, it is difficult to believe that he singles anyone out.

But if a person has faith in such things, I admire them.

• donkey
    donkey

Rem: Do you believe in the green fairy or the orange one?

If god is so awesome - why is he so "not there"? Why is he so impossible to prove? Why does he play games with people if he has so much love? Would you let your children go through sheer hell just to prove a point?

I used to think I hated God. Now I am pleased to say that I never ever hated God...if you hate nothing is it still hatred?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Syrup

You make a good point.

Robyn

• COMF
    COMF
    Who's pretending?

Who have you seen claiming to understand it all?

Of course giving God the benefit of having a plan is just too difficult I guess.
    Not difficult. Just playing pretend games with probability, that's all. Who's pretending?
  • donkey
    donkey

Last saying of the lazy loser: "The Lord will provide..."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Comf,

Sorry, friend, but I do not understand your last question. Would you clarify?

Thanks.

Robyn

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Life's too short to argue...it's easier to just take sides on certain posts...

Robyn...you go girl!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit