My thoughts on Geoffrey Jackson

by thedepressedsoul 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

The GB are between a rock and a hard place on the matter of "emperor" Jackson's being subpoenaed.

The risk if he appears before the RC is everyone will see he has no clothes on.

However, the risk if he avoids appearing before the RC is the mountainous challenge it becomes to the organization's PR machinery.

As loathsome as the organization's presidential predecessor, Rutherford was, he actually fronted up in public and defiantly nailed his colors to the mast. The modern-day JW organization sticks to its airbrushed, tightly controlled appearances safe from scrutinizing inquiries.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "...everyone will see he has no clothes on."

Again; ew.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I'll bet money on it that 99% of his answers he'd just read from the bible and then remain silent.

These guys think they're god's gift to mankind.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

As loathsome as the organization's presidential predecessor, Rutherford was, he actually fronted up in public and defiantly nailed his colors to the mast. The modern-day JW organization sticks to its airbrushed, tightly controlled appearances safe from scrutinizing inquiries.

You could get away with that then. Now, it'd be all over YouTube, forums, reddit, news, blogging sites etc... JW land is having a hard time in the information age. Their 1 website is dwarfed by thousands of others, YouTube videos, blogs and so on.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    A couple of things about Jackson. Obviously I don't know him but I get the impression he's one of the more reasonable and pleasant GB members. I'd so much prefer it to be Lett or Morris on the stand. However, if I had to put money on a Ray Franz II it would be Jackson. If he takes the stand maybe the rest of the GB will throw him under the bus?
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

However, if I had to put money on a Ray Franz II it would be Jackson. If he takes the stand maybe the rest of the GB will throw him under the bus?

I've thought the exact same thing, MM.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    @Hoser: Its a freaking island. He can't go anywhere. Ironically, Australia was once a penal colony. I learned that from an Awake magazine. 😳
  • Listener
    Listener

It would be helpful to the Commission if they understood that Geoffrey Jackson as a Governing Body member does not authorize policy and procedure and it is only when he and other Governing Body members unite together that this is done.

I bet the Governing Body are sorry now that they clarified the workings of the FDS only recently by making it clear that it is only the GB members working together that constitute the FDS whereas when they first introduced the new doctrine in 2013 they were not so clear.

Here is the latest clarity on the FDS from Watchtower 2015 3/15 pages 7 -11

<<6 Third, consider some of our recent refinements in understanding. For example, our clarified understanding of “the faithful and discreet slave,” published in the July 15, 2013, Watchtower, thrilled us. (Matt. 24:45-47) It was explained that the faithful slave is the Governing Body, while the “domestics” are all those who are fed spiritually, whether of the anointed or of the “other sheep.” (John 10:16) What a delight it is to learn such truths and to teach them to new ones! In what other ways has Jehovah shown that he approves of teaching in a simple, clear way?>>

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015202?q=faithful+%26+discreet+slave+governing+body&p=par

It would be helpful for the Commission to understand the concept because if they ask Jackson a question regarding his authority he will answer that he has no authority, if they ask him whether the FDS does then he is more likely to give a much different answer.

For instance, they might ask him 'Do you have authority to make changes to the religions understanding of the two witness rule (or the composition of the JC etc.) He would answer No, he did not. If they were to ask him the same question but instead said "Does the Faithful Slave have the authority etc.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I was thinking the same thing, Listener, as that is how the theocratic warfare game is played.

"Omission"

They swore to tell the WHOLE truth, not 'just' the parts asked.

• Listener
    Listener

It seemed to work that way. Most of the time the Elders pointed to the Branch Office as being the authority that they get their direction from. O'Brien who is from the Branch Committee tried to suggest that they had authority to work outside of the direction/procedures provided to them from the Headquarters.

I don't doubt that the direction they got from HQ regarding the RC was "Leave us out of it Brothers as best you can."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit