My thoughts on Geoffrey Jackson

by thedepressedsoul 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    what a wonderful opportunity for a GB member to give a fine witness for jehovah.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    IF the GB are mere figureheads as some have said, then perhaps indeed Jackson does not really know anything.

Maybe so Londo, but it would be excellent to see him on camera proving that is all he is, a figurehead front for the WT Corporation.

All the literature points to them as the source of all doctrine and direction, if that is so then let's hear him explain the reasoning behind using congregational guidelines for a culture that's 2000 years old.

If he doesn't know anything then the record will be there to show JW's what they're being taught is not founded on truth.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I would like him to explain how the GB develops their interpretations of the scriptures and why the two witness rule is literal but the stoning is not.

I also think it would be important to this case to know how the GB determines how to adjust their rules - does the GB still vote? Is it still 2/3 majority rules?

How can the Royal Commission be certain that the entire GB understand the gravity of this situation and will revise their rules accordingly?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    IF the GB are mere figureheads as some have said, then perhaps indeed Jackson does not really know anything.

Maybe so Londo, but it would be excellent to see him on camera proving that is all he is, a figurehead front for the WT Corporation.

All the literature points to them as the source of all doctrine and direction, if that is so then let's hear him explain the reasoning behind using congregational guidelines for a culture that's 2000 years old.

If he doesn't know anything then the record will be there to show JW's what they're being taught is not founded on truth.

I don't think they are mere figure heads. There is no way AM III could do what he does. They definitely have a very big influence. I'm not saying there isn't people above them but they defiantly aren't just figure heads. I do think they try to work in new light to fit with the PR and Lawyer portion of the cooperation though. All there new light seems very convenient to distance themselves from these child abuse issues.

As of "Crisis of a Conscience" they were in charge. He didn't seem to get the notion that there was someone above them except the president.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I can't wait till he takes the stand to sanctify Jehovahs name. Once the Holy Spirit directs him to speak in a way that is obviously beyond human abilities it will finally be clear to all of you mentally diseased apostates that you have chosen sides poorly! 😂

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Hell; if they're mere figureheads, why are JWs required to obey them under threat of disfellowshipping?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I mentioned this in another thread, but the RC stated that they'd already known Jackson was in Australia for a couple weeks.

I can't help but wonder if someone at WTHQ quietly sent them his itinerary a few months back, and that they timed the JW portion of the Commission to coincide with his visit.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I would like him to explain how the GB develops their interpretations of the scriptures and why the two witness rule is literal but the stoning is not.

They pick and choose what best fits their agenda. They don't adopt some policies because it was what was accepted at that time and adopt others that fit their agenda that could easily be placed in the category of what worked during that time period.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    I won't believe he's testifying until I hear/see him testifying.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I mentioned this in another thread, but the RC stated that they'd already known Jackson was in Australia for a couple weeks.

I can't help but wonder if someone at WTHQ quietly sent them his itinerary a few months back, and that they timed the JW portion of the Commission to coincide with his visit.

I'd be shocked if there weren't a few rouges in the Australia branch. Heck we have a ton of them here in the US!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit