Our Mother is in a coma :(

by noidea 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((( Paula and Karla, and their dear Mama)))))))))))))),

I am truly touched by your post , I have to admit I am shedding tears for you and your families right now. It is truly sad to lose your mother, but the way you are holding up and looking at this shows the strong women you two are. She is proud I am sure. I think it is a beautiful thing to be there with her ,talking to her and helping her to leave this world in peace. I am sure she can hear you. I hope you talk of the past and the funny times you had, I hear these are the things that bring rest and peace to someone who is ready to pass on. It gives them happiness to know that their lives here were meaningful and that their children will always rememeber how much love is in the family.

I will sure pray for all of you to be strong and for your mother to pass peacefully , if that is what is to happen. I think you have a blessing to be there to hold her hand , I can only cry wishing I could have at least said goodbye to my mom and hold her hand. It is a privledge to be able to do that.
    You are so right , she will be able to hear and feel your love. Tell her that strangers that don't even know her are praying for her, and tell her that she has two very special daughters, who have helped alot of people with their kindness. My heart is breaking for you right now, and I wish I was there to give you two many hugs, just know that so many of us care . I havent cried like this in quiet awhile, but I am just so proud of your strength right now, and what you have said.

Wishing you peace and comfort right now.................. love you both,,,,,,,,, Dede

• blondie
    blondie

We were at home with my father-in-law when he slipped away. It was a hard, short fight. He had the people he loved around him. His family and friends were so helpful, all non-JWs. It sounds like you have good support. Your love will sustain you and those around you.

Blondie

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

(((((NoIdea & Myself))))) I am so sorry that your mother and your family are in the midst of such pain...but like all experiences in life, good can (and has already) come of this. Your family has come together, and I am sure that is something that makes your mother feel at peace. My thoughts are with you, and please know that we all care about you and are here for you to do whatever we can.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((Paula & Karla))

My prayers are with you.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((NoIdea & Myself)))) You're in our prayers and thoughts. Much love to all of you at this difficult time.

Lots of love,

Nina & Big Tex

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

((((((((Paula, Karla, Brothers,Kids and Family)))))))

I feel so bad for you...no one can ever be prepared for something like this.

Your mom is truly blessed to have such a loving family.

The fact that everyone has pulled together to spend time with her in her last moments is a reflection of the wonderful person that she is.

God bless you,

A mother's love is like an island
    In life's ocean vast and wide,
    A peaceful, quiet shelter
    From the restless, rising tide.

A mother's love is like a fortress
    And we seek protection there
    When the waves of tribulation
    Seem to drown us in despair.

A mother's love is a sanctuary
    Where our soul can find sweet rest
    From the struggle and the tension
    Of life's fast and futile quest.

A mother's love is like a tower
    Rising far above the crowd,
    And her smile is like the sunshine
    Breaking through a threatening cloud.

A mother's love is like a beacon
    Burning bright with Faith and Prayer
    And through the changing scenes of life
    We can find a haven there....

For a mother's love is fashioned
    After God's enduring love,
    It is endless and unfailing
    Like the love of Him above.

For God knew in His great wisdom
    That he couldn't be everywhere,
    So he put His little Children
    In a loving mother's care.

~~ Helen Steiner Rice

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

(((((Paula and Karla))))

You will all be in my thoughts! I am so sorry.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((Paula))))))) ((((((((Karla)))))))) & (((((((((family)))))))))

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. You are right, she can still hear you or feel your presence.

I'm glad this won't be a long drawn out painful event for her or her family.

My thoughts and wishes are that you & your family may cope in this stressful time.

Hugs,

j2bf

• jack2
    jack2

Noidea and Karla, you will be in my thoughts....I am so sorry about your mom!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Lizard, you made me cry again, with that poem, but it is a good cry , to think of Paula and Karla, and to think of all the mothers out there.

My mom is gone , but I still feel the way the poem says, she has been gone 17 years but she is still the person in my heart that I think would embrace no matter what. She would have always been there for me , and maybe she still is.

I love the poem, I think I will print it and give it to my mom in law, she has been my mom for as long as my own mother was, 18 yrs. Thanks for that poem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit