Our Mother is in a coma :(

by noidea 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• kelpie
    kelpie

Paula and Karla

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this hard time.

(((((((((((((((((big warm hugs)))))))))))))))))

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

My heart goes out to all of your family!

I was with both of my parents when they died. And they were both out of it. They were conscious but knew nothing . My father in law(JW) was the same way..but I wasn't with him.They didn't recognize anyone.My Mom lost it right after they told her she was full of cancer. She couldn't speak or anything.They both spent 2 weeks in the hospital before they passed away....( 8 months apart )

A terrible thing to lose a loved one

Hubby has been diagnosed with terminal cancer also.(JW) He was diagnosed on 9-11 this year. Of all days. He was given 9 months to a year. He had some chemo..but it didn't work. Now they recommend hospice. I haven't looked into it yet. We both talked to the Dr about the end and are hoping he goes into a coma. But I don't want him to feel anything. How can they be in a coma and still hear what is going on?..

I heard Pancreatic cancer was very painful so I think her coma was a blessing...Hopefully she is out of pain.But we always wish for "Just a little more time " with out loved ones.

My love and sympathy for what you are going through now and after..My thoughts are with you!

Love Snoozy.....

Edited by - Golden Girl on 5 December 2002 19:41:52

• termite 35
    termite 35

I'm thinking of you both, and hope your mother gets through this in a peaceful, calm way with with love all around her .

So, so, sad.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( your family ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• termite 35
    termite 35

(((((((((((((((Golden girl))))))))))))))))))))))

I don't know about the conciousness and coma situation except for my own circumstances, my Grandmother was in a coma and also full of morphine- but when she was very close to going I told her I loved her and she said really clearly that she loved me too ! The nurse told me that the hearing was the last sense to 'go' so to be careful what I discussed with staff around her.So I read to her and spoke to her and she seemed to visibly calm when I did-but she was'nt in pain if that is what you're worried about.

.I'm SO sorry to hear about your hubby ( do I remember right? is he still a jw?) I cannot imagine what life must be like for you.I hope you get lots more time together.Send him my love and don't forget to look after yourself too.I wish I could help you all in some way.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just found this

(((((((((((((((((Paula & Karla))))))))))))))

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

{{{{{{{{{{{Golden Girl}}}}}}}}}}, I'm sorry to hear about your loses too! I'm also sorry to hear about your husband! My thoughts are with you girl! Do take care of yourself and hang in there!

• Imbue
    Imbue

(((((Paula and Karla))))))

• bigboi
    bigboi

Noidea,

I offer my most heartfelt condolences for your loss. I wish you and yours all the best.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thank you all for your kind words. I didn't mean to hijack the thread...It 's just that I get emotional when it touches close to home!. I spent many 24 hour days in the hospital with my Mom and Dad and I know what they are going through. Especially if she is in intensive care. Visiting is limited and you just sit and worry the rest of the time.

Concern for the parent that they are getting good care when you can't be with them. We had some very unpleasant things happen while my Dad was in intensive care. And later when my Mom was in the hospital.

He contacted a staph infection and so did my Mom. (And many others)They were so sloppy there I reported them to the patient relations board. It is NOT run by the hospital . They are arbitrators between the hospital and patient (relatives). They look after the patients welfare!.

It really helps to have family there too!

It's awful to go through it alone!

Snoozy....

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

My prayers are with you and your family! {{{{{{{{{{Big Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit