Our Mother is in a coma :(

by noidea 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• noidea
    noidea

Karla and I came home for a quick shower and a change of clothes. We ask that you keep our Mother and our Family in your prayers. We posted a few weeks ago that our Mother had been diagnosed with pancreas cancer and was given 6-18 months with chemo. It was a shock to know that we were going to loose her and how unfair life can be. Over the weekend her stomach was in so much distress that she started to hemorrhage. Her blood count dropped to 4.6 and she is now in a coma. The DR's told us that she will not come out of it. As sad as it is we are grateful that she will not suffer the extra months that she would have lived. This will be much easier on her and on us for her not to have to go through that. She has 5 children and we were all there in ICU the night before she slipped into a coma. It was the first time that we were all together in over 5 years. We all let her know that we love her and what a wonderful mother she is. We were all with her last night and will be there for her till she passes.We know that she can hear us and that we are all there because when we talk to her there is an occasional tear. Just wanted to let everyone know that this world was a better place having her in it. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers through this. Love to all of you here, Karla aka (myself) & Paula aka (noidea)

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((((Karla, Paula & family))))))))

I'm so sorry, will be keeping you in my thoughts, stay strong for each other

Edited by - angharad on 5 December 2002 11:56:58

• JeffT
    JeffT

You and all your family are in my prayers. Words fail at times like this.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

My condolences Karla and Paula.

As tough as it is to lose a parent, it is heartening to hear that all of her children can be there at the end, and that you seem to have accepted the situation.

Hmmm

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I'm so sorry to hear this. ****HUGS****

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Oh honey... my thoughts are with you.

• Mulan
    Mulan

So sorry. I've been in your shoes........not with mother, but my cousin. It's painful.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Noidea, I'm so sorry!!! As you know I went through the same thing not too long ago with my mother. What hospital is she in? I don't have your number, but I have Myself's number. I'll call her. I'm so sorry. I'm sure I'll be talking to you very soon!

Love ya, Tink

• TR
    TR

noidea,

I hope that you can imagine all of us there with you, sharing the pain. Hopefully, the pain will be less that way.

Hugs to you and your family

TR

• acsot
    acsot

My heart goes out to you and my thoughts are with you. Hope you find some comfort knowing how many people are thinking about and praying for you.

((((((((hugs)))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit