My Wife Says She'll Read Franz' Crisis Of Conscien

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Major headway has been made. My wife has said that she would like to read COC! I recently bought 30 Years A Watchtower Slave. She read a few chapters and said that she sympathized with this man giving his life to something that he felt was a lie. I didn't want her to read this book quite yet. I feel that COC will help her understand the most......The light does get brighter and brighter!

• Brummie
    Brummie

WOW ...if she can sympathise with William Schnell she will definately be moved by COC!

Great news

Brummie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yes, that is excellent news Minimus!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I am happy for you Minimus.

CoC is what did it for me. After hubby kept dropping hints on how some old faithful jws were being treated, reading CoC was the nail in the coffin. Ray is very reasonable with his explanations and doesn't come off as being hostile at all.

I hope your wife sees what the WTBTS is all about and you two can concentrate on living the rest of your lives together, seeking happiness and peace.

Hugs,

j2bf

• sisteract
    sisteract

Hey Minimus that's GREAT NEWS!!!!!! The first 2 books that really helped me when I was unsure and investigating were COC and Steve Hassan's first book out at the time "Combating Cult Mind Control". I hope she does "see the light and real truth".

Good Luck Sisteract

• Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

Crisis of Conscience was a very good book, but I thought IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM was better. He talked more on the Witness doctrines and explained a different viewpoint that was very easy to understand. Good Luck..........Spock

• minimus
    minimus

Spock, that will hopefully be book #2.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus, when she read about the two-thirds vote on policy and doctrine and the effect it has in different countries, she will see that they are not directed by holy spirit.All the best to you and yours .Blueblades

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Minimus,

I know the feeling. It will change her life. Good for both of you.

Jst2laws

• Swan
    Swan

CoC is very convincing! This is a former member of the governing body, who wrote some books that were major when they came out! His uncle was the main guy for almost every convoluted and convincing prophecy that they came out with in the latter half of the 20th century. He just calmly explains what he witnessed really going on. He isn't mean or vindictive. He isn't trying to convert you from JW to his dogma and make you his follower.

His descriptions (backed with letters and documentation) other about how certain decisions by the governing body were arrived at was astounding to me. How they let black brothers in Malawi be tortured and die while they winked at Mexican brothers who basically entered and served the military on paper through bribery was areal eye-opener to me? My mom's cousin and my uncle went to prison for being conscientious objectors in the US.

How they arrived at snap decisions was a real awakening (no pun intended). We talked about these old men at Bethel studiously pouring over the scriptures, looking at ancient texts, and praying fervently for Jehovah's direction. Instead, what was described was more like the board meeting of a business, and a dysfunctional one at that. My last job was at an insurance company where they ran board meetings like that, and I saw the light and got different better job. Two years later, this company, in business for 117 years went bankrupt! I only hope that if meetings of the governing body continue in the manner that Ray Franz describes, the WTBTS will go down the tubes in the same manner!

Many xJWs I have talked to have stated that things changed drastically in the 70's and 80's. I tend to agree, although I was very young in the 60's, so maybe my basis for comparison is colored. The WTBTS was always a bizarre religion, prophesying (incorrectly) the doom of the world for 120 + years, but, to me, it really started going off the deep end in the late 60's. The elder change, 1975, disfellowshipping, disassociation, oral sex, smoking, and the obsession with apostasy seemed to mark an upheaval that it is still trying to recover from. After reading CoC, I can see where a lot of this dysfunction was coming from.

Minimus, I hope your wife enjoys this book. It certainly was a fascinating read for me.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit