My Wife Says She'll Read Franz' Crisis Of Conscien

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great news....... Next read should be "Combatting Mind Control" that is a good help also

• teejay
    teejay

Good news, Minimus.

What's that I hear? Could it be the creaking of a door that's opening... for soon-to-be ex-Sister Minimus?

Like Brummie said, if she can empathize with Schnell, CofC is gonna just blow her socks off. It's a matter of time, dude. Good for the both of y'all!!

• blondie
    blondie

COC confirmed that what I knew happened in a local setting actually permeated and corrupted the whole organization.

I just got the newest edition.

Blondie

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

thats great minimus!!! we both read it and recommend it to everyone, it's what made me see what a low wattage light they really are.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I am so very happy for both you and your wife. This is definitely a move in the right direction. COC is so clear, so concise, so genuienely truthful, heartbreaking and honest. No doubt, this might also be quite painful for her. I know you will be right beside her all the way.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I thought Cris of Conscience was an outstanding book. In fact, I thought there was no way any Witness who read it, could stay in the organization. That is, until I got my father in law to read it. It took him a month, but finally he gave it back and said that he agreed with everything Ray Franz had to say and that he could offer no rebuttal whatsoever. BUT he was going to stay a Witness. Unbelieveable. I hope you have better luck than me Minimus. But then again, I doubt your wife's mind is as closed as my father in law's.

• minimus
    minimus

I just got home from work and she's reading it. I asked her what she thought so far and she said that he doesn't seem bitter, like Schnell. Then she told me that she's taking another vacation day off on Sunday.If this keeps up, the elder cops will be knocking on the door.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I asked her what she thought so far

You should count this as a return visit.

• blondie
    blondie

minimus, I hope she sees the hypocrisy and lying behind what the WTS has done AND sees the need not think it is just human imperfection but something she doesn't want to support or be part of.

Blondie (whose spouse saw it before she did)

• minimus
    minimus

GOOD NEWS!!!....In November, I gave my wife my copy of COC. Recentlt, she told me that she can't tell mw how many times she picked up the book to only put it back down. Tonight, she told me that she started reading the book, and for the last hour and a half, she has been upstairs reading the book. At one point she told me that she thought it was something that the AID book was written with some help from "worldly commentaries" by order of Fred Franz......Things are looking more encouraging, each day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit