My Wife Says She'll Read Franz' Crisis Of Conscien

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hey Minimus,

She has read some of your comments here, on this board. She seems to connect with some of the "apostates". As a matter of fact, I said to her that I was going to my computer to check up on my "fellow apostates",

I was just wondering if she knows you are...er..."Minimus"? If so, it must be quite spooky for you, I know it would be for me!

Spanner

• minimus
    minimus

Yup, she knows I'm minimus. She was amused when someone wrote in about Mrs. Minimus......Regarding the "apostate" label, she knows exactly what I mean. You must understand that everytime I got onto the evil internet, she got afraid because she said I shouldn't be talking to "apostates". Last night I told her that I wonder if the JW's aren't the real apostates. I said if the Society likes to continue bringing up how Jerusalem was unfaithful to God and that pictures something today, then perhaps it is likely that the Watchtower is what unfaithful Jerusalem pictures today. She agreed that it was very possible.....Thank you for your helpful and kind comments. They are appreciated.

• acsot
    acsot

Minimus!

Just read through this thread, don't know how I missed it. I'm so happy for you! I haven't read CoC yet, I will soon enough, though I've been able to piece together a few things (Malawi, Mexico) from other posters.

If she was a true-blue dub before this, it's going to be a lot for her to digest. But once opened, it's d&mn hard to close that door to enlightenment and freedom!

• minimus
    minimus

Ascot, you probably missed it because it wasn't a question. Thanx for your comment.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congratulations, Minimus. You have taken a patient and kind approach with your wife, which speaks volumes about how much you care about her.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Minimus: when we be able to see two red dots?

I sure hope it happens in the near future. Tell Mrs. Minimus, Rayzorblade will make her laugh and type in Canuck English, and do all sorts of party tricks to keep her entertained on the forum .

Your planning and stealth are to be commended.

Probably people will better understand Minimus now.

"melts in your mouth, not in your hands" (spiritual food)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Minimus.,

Ray's books did it for me. I was a very loyal dub.

When my hubbie (apocalypse) introduced them to me, I was so scared to even pick them up.

He handed me the books and a container of headache medication.

I read for two weeks and downed a few pills.

He didin't say a word. He didin't have to.

The scales came off big time.

I am grateful to Ray for what he as done for many of us.

I hope your wife will see the 'light'.

Wannaexit

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

By the way Minimus, I was bothered when my husband used the word "apostate". We now use the term "Our reformed friends".

You must be so happy. Wishing all the best.

• minimus
    minimus

Here's the latest. We haven't gone to a meeting in nearly a month. Yesterday, we were going to go but she called me to see if I wanted to go out for dinner. We did and she said that she is going through a situation that is making her see how controlling the "truth" really is. Her best friend has talked very little to her recently and when she does, she always asks,"Did you go to the meeting?"........She is unwittingly alienating my wife. As she said to me yesterday, "She thinks that as long s you go out in service and go to the meetings, you can do anything that you want to do." Her friend thinks most Witnesses are "crackpots" and when the elders say that a certain thing has to be done, if she doesn't agree, she just makes no bones about ignoring them......I suggested to my wife that she start re-reading COC, as I did, when I felt the need.....We'll see how things will work out.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Please give your lovely wife a hug for me and tell her that I really understand how she is feeling.

Love,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit