So, am I a phoney?

by kenpodragon 57 Replies latest jw friends

• herself
    herself

Donkey, I didn't confuse you with Dragon. I've only read a couple of your posts, and don't think your style is close enough to Dragon's to be him. Usually when people pretend to be someone else, they dumb down their style. You Donkey, know how to spell and use bigger words than Dragon uses. I could be wrong, but I don't believe for a moment that you are Dragon. I haven't read enough here to know, but I hope you are not mean like he can be.

As for Golden Girl. Dragon did a number on her that I wouldn't do on ANYONE. You name the person, I would never talk that way to someone. It lacked class through and through. He kept going and going and going. When she said he was abusive, he claimed that she said he was a child abuser. It got ridiculous. He was beyond mean on that board. Another poster he kept talking about all the things she'd said, and he twisted it and manipulated it until it bore little resemblence to what she'd actually said. One got the feeling that he liked to fight, especially with women.

He uses the word "hate" all too often. He seems embued with the "wisdom of youth". The word "hate" is one that is usually dropped from normal conversation by the time a person hits their mid-20s. Most people go through the "wisdom of youth" phase in their late teens, early 20s. He may have sort of been held back by the WTBS, and maybe will grow out of it yet.

He spent many long hours on the boards, all day sometimes, and into the wee hours sometimes. Yet he has a fulltime job and a pregnant wife? Internet use is fun in one's spare time. But when it reaches the level of taking time away from family, then it has gone too far.

I have withheld comment until now. I did comment yesterday, then deleted the text of the message. I don't want to go after him like he's gone after other people. I think he's like a little kid. I don't want to hurt him, but would like to see him straighten up and grow up some.

H.S.

• donkey
    donkey

Herself,

Thanks. As I said before - I am pretty thick skinned. My point was one which I have heard for ages: "his/her posting style is the same as xyz's posting style - yes therefore he/she is xyz".

Doesn't that seem like lame-logic to you? We read posts by people on here who say that they left JWs because they became thinkers... Then I see stuff like the "posting style argument" and I say to myself: "Really? It's no wonder you believed a snake spoke to Eve or that Samson killed 3000 people with the jawbone of an ASS"

Beware of the jawbone of an ASS!!!

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

1) Don't make asses of ourselves so easily next time !.

2) He has been posting forever! (He's been hearing "forever" that he sounds like xyz)

3) We have lame logic!

4) We left JW's because we became thinkers....but we are still stupid..?

5) And watch out for that "Jawbone"...Why? Is it going to fly through the air at us?

Hey Donkey...did I get that right?

You have the same talent as "You know who!"

Insult people and make it look like a compliment!...Good job!

Snoozy....

Edited by - Golden Girl on 28 November 2002 19:40:23

• donkey
    donkey

Golden Girl,

Sorry the victim mentality won't work on me. Try to deal with fact rather than drivel please. I was the person who had nothing to do with this whole crock but was brought into it by the accusations against Kennopdragon - because some person decided we had similar posting styles.

So let's see - how should I react when falsely accused?

Did my accusers make asses of themselves by accusing me of being Kennop? IMHO - YES

Was your logic lame? Why the logic was "Donkey has a similar posting style to Kennop, he must be Kennop, we don't like Kennop so let's smear the Donkey". Is that Lame? IMHO - YES

Watchout for the Jawbone of the Ass? Again Yes - because I will call your bluff.

Instead of an apology - which is what decent people would offer for wrongfully accsuing someone of something - now you try and attack the person for defending themself? You accuse Kennop of being a jerk etc - but then you treat others just as you claim he would?

Thanks a lot for the decency you showed. Instead of trying to make ammends what do you do? You attack...well haven't you heard how stubborn mules can be? Why does a lowly donkey have to keep showing you up?

In any event, if I have offended you I would like to be the first to apologize.

Edited by - donkey on 29 November 2002 0:51:2

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

You said "Why does a lowly Donkey have to keep showing you up?" Have you been doing this for a while?...Trying to "Show me up?"..That really makes me wonder! Slip of the tongue?

You been doing it for a while have you?..........

I just supposedly met you.....

All I was saying was how you twisted your words the same way someone else does. I don't care if you are them or not...It's the thoughts that count!..And apparently you have them!...Hummm...

"Victim mentality"...where have I heard that before?????

Oh Well....Carry on..........Have fun!.

Snoozy......

ps...H.S. said"Usually when people pretend to be somone else , they dumb down their style..."...You mentioned 'Kennop" Who is "Kennop"..?Was that supposed to be Kenpo?..why not "Dragon"..That's who you were accused of being...Whoops...Maybe somebody accused you of being Kenpo and I missed it?

Oh well...carry on...have fun!

Edited by - Golden Girl on 29 November 2002 1:21:2

• donkey
    donkey

Like I said, if I offended you in any way then I apologize.

Edited to add: I do not know Kennopdragon - except that that person has a long name and I refuse to keep typing it it so I shortened it in my post.

Edited by - donkey on 29 November 2002 1:21:54

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

No need to apologize! We all like to be an Ass sometimes! (Me)...

Snoozy.........

Have fun...Carry on......

• herself
    herself

Wow, I take it back, your style is very similar to Dragon's, very. In fact, when angry you say some of the same things.

You asked me if I thought it was lame to accuse based on writing style.

No, I think using writing style is a valid means of discerning such a thing. There are people who have several accounts on one board. Sometimes there are parallels that observers notice.

Dragon has six letters. Donkey has six letters.

They both begin with D. No big deal really. No proof there at all.

The thing that makes me think you couldn't be Dragon is that he is way to insecure, IMHO, to use a handle like "Donkey." The other is that you do spell a bit better than he does. You seem to, when you aren't angry, have a slightly better command of the language. Otherwise, from this latest few posts, I might think you are he.

The ISP address isn't the final thing. It might make a difference, might not. When Dragon started a new account to pretend to be a woman he didn't like, he stupidly used the same server, so was easily caught out. He wouldn't likely make that mistake again.

Now, if you are not Dragon, don't sweat it, because those accusations will fade into history before long. If you are Dragon, you'll show yourself one of these days. Dragon has particular issues he gets on a roll about and falls into a somewhat immature response pattern when angered. You seem to fall into a similar pattern.

So, don't sweat it. Over time this issue will either fade or, if you are Dragon, you'll be found out. No biggie either way. This ain't national security, honey.

H.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit