So, am I a phoney?

by kenpodragon 57 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

You're ability to be humble, apologize etc., makes you anything but phony, m'man. Learned alot from your posts on this thread. Thanks

• donkey
    donkey
    In my search of my online name, I came across someone mentioning that I am on this site as a user named "Donkey."

For the record: I am not Kennopdragon (I know nothing at all about this person).

Further I will only say this once since it should not even be necessary to say in the first place: I do NOT post on this board by any other name.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    Never let old habits reappear. I might have said I was sorry, but I still have the right to feel the way I did and do about issues. I hope to never harm someone again online, but I can never control "hurting" you. As I know some people get hurt when you spell their name wrong. I AM HUMAN!!! Please do not think I am the "Church of Dragon" with followers. If people agree with me, they are not followers ... when I agree with people, I am not there followers. I am just one person, one online name and that is it 100%. You make mistakes, and so do I ... you want people to accept that and so do I. If you want to hate me, stay angry with me, or speak ill of me. Ask yourself something, "Is my life so angry, so hateful, that I really need to waste time attacking one person out of 7 billion ... is this what life has taught me and brought me too?" Trust me ... I am not worth your time!!!!

I'm not sure who this was meant for, but I will assume its about me (its always about me! ).

I might have said I was sorry, but I still have the right to feel the way I did and do about issues. I hope to never harm someone again online, but I can never control "hurting" you. As I know some people get hurt when you spell their name wrong.

Your posts went well above & beyond spelling someone's name wrong - you know that. Minimize all you want to with your "humble" apology, but words speak for themselves. I thought we had gotten past this, perhaps not.

Please do not think I am the "Church of Dragon" with followers. If people agree with me, they are not followers ... when I agree with people, I am not there followers. I am just one person, one online name and that is it 100%. You make mistakes, and so do I ... you want people to accept that and so do I.

This is 100% correct - but, at the same time, you are also quite the "popular" guy (especially "over there"). Your words, whether compliments or condemnations carry alot of weight. I'm pretty sure you know that. You also are not being quite "up front" with your ability to forgive others their mistakes. It does seem to work one-sided with you.

If you want to hate me, stay angry with me, or speak ill of me. Ask yourself something, "Is my life so angry, so hateful, that I really need to waste time attacking one person out of 7 billion ... is this what life has taught me and brought me too?"

Who's attacking you here? You came here to "apologize" and at the same time start talking about people attacking YOU. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I thought we had calmly "discussed" the situation & laid it to bed, but then I wake up to this.

This post of yours does trouble me - its the typical "I'm sorry but its not my fault & you're still picking on me". And, I'm sure that by even posting this I'm attacking you again. I apologize right now if that's how you want to see it, but I see it once again as having to defend myself to your comments.

I have said I wish you nothing but peace, love & happiness in your life. I meant that. Now, can we let it go?

Rhonda

• Shakita
    Shakita

Glad to see you posting again, Kenpodragon.

Frankly, I have read many of your posts. I, personally, don't see a phoney here. I look forward to reading another one of your thoughtful posts soon. Take care of yourself and get lots of extra sleep now, because when your baby comes home, YOU WON'T! Best Wishes for a great birthing experience. I had four of my own. There is nothing like it! Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Very difficult to actually determine if your sincere or not, maybe a phone call would be better, since you can't tell on here. Me and Larc, came to an understanding that way.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Rhonda

Actually, my message was not meant for you at all. I am sorry you felt that way, I did not mean to direct it at you in any way. I felt we covered our ground and it was behind us. I am only posting in this thread and I wanted to make sure any who saw it, after I moved on, knew I meant what I said. Rhonda, this is it ... my last thought on the issue. When people turned the subject to something positive, I liked it ... At the same time, I wanted people to know this thread was not a game as some people would LOVE to think. I am sincere ... I mean it. As for my words having weight on the other boards, I don't think so. Just because I can put a phrase together, say something that means something to people, or express my views clearly. Should not make people feel like I am in control. I am just writing.

TH

I will be in Portland, Oregon in about a month or so, if you want to meet me and share a beer, that's cool with me ... I really prefer a face-to-face chat. I am not much into talking on the phone, when people call I hand it to my wife. I could never expect all people to feel I am sincere, SOME people really hate me. It was two weeks since I posted those things on Beyond and people were still talking about me, even though I had not said anything and avoided even looking at Ex-Jw boards in that time. I am not a leader of anything, and my thoughts should not matter that much. I really wish a apology could be enough, but if it is not with you TH ... I don't know what else I could do. I am sorry my words hurt you that deep, I mean that. Before I left two weeks ago, people were calling me a abuser for saying I was sorry (Isn't that sick?). I hope people would be more loving then that, but what can I do ... do I need to donate blood or an organ? If people are set on hating me, nothing is going to change that. I hope that is not the case with you, but my life has taught me time and time again "you can not please everyone."

Donkey

Thanks for clearing that up, and again to EVERYONE ... e-mail Simon if you are still in doubt.

In all, I meant what I said on this thread. I am checking out of the boards and leaving it to people who want to argue. I am not even planning to return to any Ex-Jw boards, this thread was meant to stand for any who wish to continue hating me after I left. Boards are words, thoughts and comments. Away from the key board is the people I truly need to worry and care about. Those are the people that need me to be all I can. That is where my energies in life need to be directed.

In all I do my best to correct in myself what I see as old traits, and I am spending my life focusing on the me I want so much to be. I feel I am a good person, and if others feel different. They have that right, but they really no nothing about me.

Peace and love to all. This is the last post from me, and I want people to know I enjoyed my time on Ex-Jw boards and I am sorry I had to make my last post a apology for taking things to far. As some know I shut off all e-mail contact with me two weeks ago, and that will stand. This page of my life is turning to another. I am SINCERELY SORRY for offending people and being a source of hate for people to dwell on. Feel comfort in knowing that I now a shadow of your past, you will not need to see again. I wish all nothing but the best, peace and love in the mind, comfort for your heart and joy for all the days you have ahead.

May all your paths be lite with the love and comfort you wish others would show you, and be full of the desires of your heart to seek a better life.

My last thought

Dragon

PS : I will not return as another online name (If you must accuse, at least check with Simon first). As a matter of fact, I am e-mailing Simon after this post to close my account. I will not return to read follow-up, or to post information about my future child. I am truly DONE!

The End

Edited by - kenpodragon on 27 November 2002 13:47:37

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

And I will say this to you again, as I have said before. This surely is a stupid reason to no longer post. There are many here who appreciate your thoughts. And, I'm sure you have made friends with many here as well.

If you are leaving in order to concentrate on your family & your "real life" endeavors - that's the best reason to go. If you're leaving because of a couple of arguments, which we all invariably stumble into, then I wish you to reconsider. If not - when you get to Portland look TH up - & have a beer on me (i'll even give you my credit card # ).

Peace to you and your family Dragon.

Rhonda

• herself
    herself

Changed my mind. Edited out the entire text of post.

I was itching to say what I thought. I said it. Then my conscience got the better of me and I came back and deleted it all.

Edited by - herself on 27 November 2002 16:30:30

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I wish you the best about as much as you wish me the best "Dragon"..

And did I thank you for all the concern you showed for me when I announced my hubby had Cancer?..You know..when you decided to tell the posters that I was lying to get attention?..That was so thoughtful of you!..Did I thank you by the way?I cried a long time over that..I wish I was lying! Did you feel all big and important when your friends followed suit?

http://pub41.ezboard.com/fbeyondjehovahswitnessesfrm14.showMessage?topicID=461.topic&index=43

http://pub41.ezboard.com/fbeyondjehovahswitnessesfrm14.showMessage?topicID=461.topic&index=37

http://pub41.ezboard.com/fbeyondjehovahswitnessesfrm14.showMessage?topicID=461.topic&index=41

I hope you have a life you deserve"Dragon"

No love lost here!

Snoozy.......

Edited by - Golden Girl on 28 November 2002 4:42:21

• donkey
    donkey

For those of you who despise Kenopdragon, why are you so quick to try and say I am him?

Just because you think I have a similar posting style?

Let me ask you something: What if you are incorrect and I am NOT Kennopdragon? Have you considered the fact that your accusations can hurt others? Or do you have a full reservation on "being hurt"? Your blind accusations - without evidence make you as bad as the person you accuse because you are acting irrationally. I am a thick skinned individual, hoiwever I ask you and any other poster on this board to consider the consequences of your actions. If I was a new victim of the Witnesses and this was my first few posts - and now sudddenly I was being attacked, I would be inclined to believe this place is worse than the Witnesses. Luckily for you I am not, but please be more sensitive and less lose with accusations in the future.

Do not make ASSES of youreselves so easily again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit