So, am I a phoney?

by kenpodragon 57 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Rhonda

In a discussion forum, to all views is a counter view. I live by that, and love that about discussion boards. I like to have people say, "yes, that is nice and all ... but did you know." It is the insight I live for. Like I have said though, perhaps I did not have the right to push my views on others and much like the last time you mentioned something about me on Beyondjw ... you saw the end affect of a much larger picture. Like I said to TH, it is all about perspective and I will leave it at that. I frankly have nothing left to say, and don't care if people go to silentmabs. If anyone ask me though, I will say what I think. As for the alternative, I don't want you to think there isn't. The below link is a excellent support group connection

http://www.preventchildabuse.org/

Plus, starting local support groups in our own community is a great idea. In light of all this I have often hopped that local groups could sprout up where people could have weekly meetings of support. Sounds so loving and wonderful, I think organizing it could be very easy too. Newpaper ads, fliers and invite all abuse survivors. Hotels, Restaurants and other meeting places could even donate the space as a tax right off. All you have to do is apply for non-profit status and get a tax ID number. You could start small and then grow into weekly meetings. Actually this whole idea is exciting me and inspiring a thought.

Rhonda, despite my comments to you. I have never hated or been angry with you. We are strangers who do not even know each other. I support you to do what ever makes you feel best and what makes you happy. That is your personal path and that is all that matters. Enjoy, and no ill wasl felt or sent.

May your path and mine always find the light that brings us joy.

My thought

Dragon

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    I have said though, perhaps I did not have the right to push my views on others and much like the last time you mentioned something about me on Beyondjw ... you saw the end affect of a much larger picture.

If you wish to discuss the "other" board, I do believe it appropriate to discuss it on that board. As far as the end effect of a much larger picture, I had seen the entire picture before submitting my viewpoint. I was posting over there before you came along, and then a lurker at times throughout the last year.

Counterviews are what teaches anyone anything - they are necessary and valuable. I have never been opposed to a counterview - this wasn't about "counterviews". And you're right about another thing - sometimes one must look at the "bigger" picture.

It sounds as if you are going to be extremely busy with not only now a new baby, a tired mommy but an "inspired" journey as well. Setting up support groups can be a daunting experience - I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Rhonda

Rhonda

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Rhonda

Thanks, we are very excited about the baby (If he ever comes out LOL five days past due). I did not mention this on Tim's board, as I think Tim wants it done and I saw it here too. All is cool with me, I just want people to know the Dragon is human and makes mistakes. Hate me or love me, or don't even think about me ... does not matter, my name isn't really Dragon after all ... it's just a name online. It does make mistakes though, just like the man behind the key board.

My thought on the support group has got me to thinking, but I must admit, right now I have much to much on the plate of life to add that at the moment. I was thinking of writing a how to with all the information needed though and posting it. I think it would help to see that one person, you or I or anyone, can make a difference to the good and offer the hand of support.

Take Care

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 26 November 2002 22:9:23

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm a phoney, she's a phoney, you're a phoney, he's a phoney. Wouldn't you like to be a phoney too?

( sung to the tune of the Dr Pepper commercial)

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Big said about Frank,

Although I hear Rush Limbaugh's(sp) voice everytime I read one of your posts, I think u summed things up quite nicely.

Just to let you know, Big, I sometimes hear Rush too. So, two of us are "hearing voices".

Oh, nice post, Frankie!

Andee

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Where there is an apology, there is humility...where there is humility, there is yeilding...where there is yeilding, there is peace. Take it or leave it.

~Beck~

Good one, Beck. I couldn't have said it better myself.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Just to add

In my search of my online name, I came across someone mentioning that I am on this site as a user named "Donkey."

BB wrote

Why dont we start with proof of who you really are? I believe there is every possibility that Atlantisdragon, Kenpodragon, and donkey are all one and the same person.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41090&site=3

I read this posters information, and any who know my work should see the difference. I don't expect you to believe me, but I would recommend strongly that you contact Simon and he can tell you. You see online when we post we have a ISP address that attaches to our messages. No two are a like!!! So Simon can compare these and tell you the truth. Be brave, ask him.

If you want to know what I have been doing with my time these last two weeks, besides work. I have been rubbing my pregnant wife's feet, belly, back, etc. Cooking, cleaning the house and basically getting ready for the new addition. Relatives have been with us, including my JW mom and sister. It has been great and this week I am hoping to be a father, have a Thanksgiving dinner and have more relatives to visit. Should be fun.

So if you really want to know the truth, e-mail Simon. Making a claim of such online is interesting, but something that can be easily proved wrong. E-mail Simon!!!! I post as one name kenpodragon here, and atlantisdragon on some other boards ... I would love to have it just be Dragon, but someone always has that name first.

My thought

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 26 November 2002 22:46:5

• avishai
    avishai

KPD, Congratulations!!!!!! I understand somewhat, I just had a baby a few mo. ago., & tore some people new ones on the silentambs board, & engaged in some talk w/ some a-holes that did'nt deserve my attention, & was also accused of being "another poster" as well.

Beyond that, How do you like beinga dad? Boy of girl? I personally am having the time of my life!

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

TH wrote

The problem with what kenpo on the other board, wasn't the fact that he attacked other people, but someone posted a link, and information about silent lambs, nothing to do bb/rf stuff, and kenpo went off on them, basically telling everyone that it's not a support group.

Dragon wrote in post

Now, did I go to extreme on another site and say mean things about silentlambs? I think I did, I think my frustration bubbled up to the point that I expressed my views in bad taste and with a emotion that is not productive.
    I really want it known I was being a jerk at the time in my frustration and I really want people to know I realize that

Basically I want to freely admit, I made some mistakes when I gave my view point and my thought on something and offended people. Is a apology not enough? I think my point was valid from my stand point, but I 100% see yours too. Rhonda mentioned that I should have brought this up on Beyond, but Tim posted a message saying to "end it" and I respect his wishes and felt I caused enough damge as it was. I even mentioned in the silentlambss debate that JWD would be easier on me then on Beyond, and I should not have said that, as it was a mean rip on the Beyondjw people. I should not have destroyed one board, and promoted another. That was wrong, and in bad taste. If Tim said it was okay, and if it would not become a huge debate. I would post this same information on Tim's board. Simply though ... he asked to not have it brought up there again.

I am really not this important though, and my views should hold no weight to the degree that people would be willing to debate about me when I have been gone two weeks!!!!! I am leaving again soon, as life calls. I am only posting in this thread to say a very loud SINCERE "SORRY!" As Beck said

Where there is an apology, there is humility...where there is humility, there is yeilding...where there is yeilding, there is peace. Take it or leave it.

My thought

Dragon

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

avishai

It going to be a boy, but it is past due ... little bugger is late.

Thanks

Dragon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit