So, am I a phoney?

by kenpodragon 57 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi
    LB, Ken, I wish Bill would let it go as well. Bill making ANY statements in anger about ANYONE, even including the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses is inappropriate for a professional presentation. In a professional presentation, in my opinion, only facts should be presented and the reader should be left to draw their own opinions. For Bill to draw conclusions FOR his readers is inappropriate. For Bill to carry on a private argument or disagreement with or about Ray is inappropriate. He manifestly gets off message when he does that. Such behavior is entirely unprofessional and he hurts his message and his efforts, thus he hurts the very people he so wants to help when he engages in such unprofessional behavior.

(And just so he will know that I'm not just a freelance fault-finder here, I'd like Bill to know that my undergraduate experience and education is in the journalism of mass communication, and I have thirty years experience in professional, business-oriented communications of all kinds. I know whereof I speak. Bill, you need to drop it and concentrate on your message and only on your message.)

Thanks for saying this Francois.

Although I hear Rush Limbaugh's(sp) voice everytime I read one of your posts, I think u summed things up quite nicely.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Good to see you back Dragon, I've missed your posts.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, because I really don't pay any attention to what Bill says these days - not since the Ray Franz fiasco, this is not meant as a criticism of Bill, just a reflection of how his comments have affected me.

As for you being a phoney, well that's just too damn funny. You are a fine man and one sincere individual, and those that matter know it.

Peace to you Dragon, as always, your friend, ~Beck~

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hi kenpodragon, glad to see you posting. Hope all at home is good.

No you are not a phony and it's sad, because all this stuff could have been avoided. But it wasn't, and you are to be commended for trying as hard as you have to get along. It isn't easy to just ignore personal attacks that seem to be inevitable every time you log on to a DB. It isn't all that easy to not respond to them with anger when they just don't want to let up. But, it happens sometimes we are only human.

Best wishes for you and your fam and stay gelled.

And try and ignore anyone who tries to goad you into a "slug fest"

plum

• Mulan
    Mulan

Very well said.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

The problem with what kenpo on the other board, wasn't the fact that he attacked other people, but someone posted a link, and information about silent lambs, nothing to do bb/rf stuff, and kenpo went off on them, basically telling everyone that it's not a support group. Attacking a couple of abuse victims, in my book, does not bold well for me. It's down right shameful. Go ahead and support a man that would do this, but is that the way you want to come across?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Dragon,

Glad that you're back. Hope the next thread is about the new baby.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I don't feel this is the appropriate place to discuss this "situation", as very few here know what you are discussing Dragon. But I will say this, as I am the only person you mentioned by name in your post.

You hurt a few people with your words - I was by far not the only one. If you say I attacked you, so be it. I don't believe I did - my words will speak for themselves and I stand by them. I did not call you names, I did not swear - the most I told you to do was "stuff it" and that you were being hypocritical. I don't feel I was attacking you - I was defending the victims/survivors that constitute the majority of Silent Lambs. No one has ever said you didn't have the right to your opinion, or even to express it. But, persons also have the same rights as you, and should not be ridiculed or mocked because they have a different belief either - especially on something as emotionally stirred as child sexual abuse. You and I both know the "other" board was not a very hospitable place to even whisper the name "Silent Lambs". As I told you, my only purpose in any of those debates was to make sure that if there are persons who were in the same prediciment as I was a year ago, they would know there was a place created especially for them - a place where hundreds know exactly where they're coming from.

I personally could care less whether Dragon supports Silent Lambs or not - I just don't think it fair that you constantly ridicule & make light of what MANY persons are trying to accomplish with this organization - not just Bill Bowen. The "other" board gets many newbies - and certain posters there felt they might appreciate this organization. It wasn't just me Dragon - you hurt others too. The threads speak for themselves.

If you did apologize in this thread - there is no apology necessary. I said in the "where is Kenpodragon" thread that I hold no "ill-will" towards you. I would just like 1x for us to bring up Silent Lambs on the "other" board without you coming in and destroying them (okay, maybe more than 1x). If you don't agree with Silent Lambs - fine. Don't destroy threads by those of us that do.

Like I told you over there, until there is another alternative many persons still need this organization - some who don't even know about it yet. Some who happen to be lurking for the first time.

I wish you, your wife and your newest member (if born now) nothing but peace, love and happiness.

Rhonda

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

TH

One thought is often a accumulation of many paths. In that, I mean that you came late to a already existing event and only saw the end affects. It taught me a lesson though, to think about what each post says and not assume that anyone knows the whole pictures. You statement above teaches me that, in that I agree with you ... and at the same time I am all the more agreeable that "life is about perspective" in that things look different from the from the point of view we see it in. It is all right to us, and to you, and to me. Life is always a lesson between the lines.

My thought

Dragon

• siegswife
    siegswife

I don't really know you, but I've read your stuff and I don't think you're a phoney. I do have an opinion about the negativity that you and so many others have been directing at Bill Bowen. You'll have to excuse this because my "enter" key isn't working so I won't be able use paragraphs. You say that you are just like every other person , imperfect as we all are, that forms opinions and impressions about others. I say that the same is true for Bill and Ray. I think it's almost shameful the way that some of you seem to believe that Bill was deliberately, maliciously and for no good reason trying to somehow slander Ray Franz. IMO, it appears that Bill formed an impression about Ray based on conversations that he and others close to him have had. His opinion was as negative as the one that you have formed about Bill. Does that make you right and him wrong? Bill was very recently disfellowshipped and I'm sure the shabby treatment that he's been receiving (even before his dfing) from the JW's has left a very bitter taste in his mouth. Due to that and the fact that there are so many silentlambs that have contacted him with their stories is probably enough to make him leery of anything that even resembles WTthink. Unfortunately, you and so many others choose to put a further burden on this man by publicly busting on him and accusing him of less than honorable motives. No, I don't think you're a phoney, but I think that what you've been doing on this and that other board stinks......big time. That said, congratulations on the new addition to your family.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Go ahead and support a man that would do this, but is that the way you want to come across?

Yes it is. I do not fear anyone who may wish to attack me or make me a personal target because I have spoken my thoughts and offer support for someone who is indeed deserving.

Trauma, how I come across to you, means very little to me. How I come across to my friend, means more then you'll ever know. I have disagreed with you in my own private way many times, but I have never once posted with the intention to turn away your friends by highlighting what I perceive to be your faults. I wouldn't be so arrogant.

Where there is an apology, there is humility...where there is humility, there is yeilding...where there is yeilding, there is peace. Take it or leave it.

~Beck~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit